You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

new united confirmed

Ancelotti was the only one I feared, a sensible and exoerienced builder with title winning form. This guy sounds like a mentalist, he'll provide some excellent media sideshows and the fact he's taken on Giggs shows he's wet, seeing as it was obviously Giggs stiring the shit for Moyes, it would have been like Houllier coming in and making Ince his number 2.

Bollocks to them, long may they continue to be a fucking joke.

• Upvote 1

He's got a Man Utd personality, I bet we will absolutely despise this guy

agree. good manager but I have always thought of him as a bit of cunt so he will be even easier to despise as a united manager. I am going to get tired of him early on next season as he comes up with shitcoat's level of bollocks and the media lap it up.

Hopefully, him and shitcoat have a war of words next season and we can sit back and watch it unfold.

I have a feeling his time at united will be like scolari's at chelsea. Going to start out well but they will fade away as the season progresses, hopefully with similar manager-player clashes behind the scenes.

also, want netherlands to crash out early at the world cup which will in turn put some pressure on him. No doubt, if that happens, the dutch media will blame him for distractions.

mental cunt.

I think that those who dismiss van Gaal as a short term appointment miss the point- all managers are short term appointments.

Ferguson was a freak, Wenger has won one trophy in nine years.

The Mancs need an overhaul.Van Gaal has the credibility and pedigree to deliver that. Whether he will succeed is another matter. I do know that a top four finish for us has been made that little bit harder .

• Upvote 1

He'll be gone by christmas 2015 for sure. I think united will go through another 2 or 3 managers before they get the right fit. What they dont need is Fergie hanging about like the sword of damacles.

As for giggs hes more likely to be an Alan Shearer than anything else. He always struck me as the typical brainless fucking chimp. Add in the gimps of 92 and its a recipe for chaos.

The Giggs issue is the most obvious thing that could cause problems. Whether it's the case or not it could be seen that Giggs is Ferguson's ear to the ground. The way things played out this season I don't think anyone is under the illusion Giggs wasn't saying to Ferguson Moyes is shite get him fucked off. Now that might just be a one off as Moyes was pretty fucking terrible there and nobody other than Giggs and the players know what sort of shit he was pulling in training.

What if 6 months down the line Van Gaal is also having a torrid time though? Is Giggs going to be pulling the same stunt? What if Van Gaal thinks they need defensive work when Giggs wants to focus on offensive. Giggs will probably shit his undies with Van Gaal but what about if it's 18 months in and it's still looking bleak. This whole thing is set to be fucking hilarious.

He's never managed over here and I think he's going to be in for a big shock. It's a lot easier to sign the wrong players than it is to sign the right ones as we've seen, regardless of whether they are big money or not. United need players to replace the leavers and players to replace the ones who failed last season. It's a long term job and they've given it to the wrong guy in my opinion. As somebody said above I'm just glad it's not Klopp or another up and coming manager. Going for old school big names is what we need them to do because more often than not they don't have the same drive and hunger and are happy for the pay day.

Funnily enough speaking to a couple of manc supporters this morning, they weren't half as cocky as I'd expected them to be, genuinely nervous and even though they think the sun shines out of his backside, especially worried about Giggs as assistant manager.

Van Gaal's Ajax team was absolutely phenomenal, possibly the best "home-grown" team I've ever seen. Insanely talented side that would have dominated Europe for years had it not been dismantled so soon after winning the European Cup. But Van Gaal is past his best and I don't seriously consider him a big threat. If they make a few good signings they'll challenge for a top 4 place but winning the league is a long way off.

He's good at building teams.

To be fair, he's a top class manager in the grand scheme of things, that can't be denied, but he's way down the list of the best candidates. You'd think the 'biggest club in the world' after one shit season would be able to do better. It seems like it was a very short list. I think the mancs are so scared of being publicly spurned now that they just go with who they know they can get. 

I'd say Frank De Boer, Conte, Rudi Garcia or Jorge Jesus would fit them better now, they need long-term plan of rebuilding and young ambitious manager with vision and I'm glad none of them joined this shrine of cancerous abomination, They basically need Brendan Rogers. LVG is a cunt and a control freak, he'll tear Wayne "300k/week" rooney a new one.

• Upvote 1

I'm a bit fearful he'll make Rooney quit the smokes and the chunky kit-kats and make him good again. I've a feeling Mourinho was after him with that in mind.

Rooney giving up the fags and pies? Just no chance, he'll be agitating for a move before Christmas.

I think we're far too good to be looking over our shoulder at United and their piss-pot squad.

Van Gaal also won't get much time to work with United between the World Cup ending and the season beginning, and with all the players going off on holiday. United need to start fast if they've got any chance of silverware, but I get the feeling that they'll be ragged for 2 or 3 months amid all the change of personnel and tactics.

• Upvote 2

I'd say Frank De Boer, Conte, Rudi Garcia or Jorge Jesus would fit them better now, they need long-term plan of rebuilding and young ambitious manager with vision and I'm glad none of them joined this shrine of cancerous abomination, They basically need Brendan Rogers. LVG is a cunt and a control freak, he'll tear Wayne "300k/week" rooney a new one.

Any appointment is a risk, and a case can be made for several alternatives.

However none of the above have Van Gaal's pedigree. He may be past his best. We shall see. But Whiskeynose was still winning trophies at that age. Brendan still has everything to prove when it comes to winning things.

I agree with your assessment of VG, but think that is exactly what Man u need,the biggest beast in the jungle. As for Rooney, they could have done a lot with a £50m plus transfer fee and a £75m wage pot to play with.

Any appointment is a risk, and a case can be made for several alternatives.

However none of the above have Van Gaal's pedigree. He may be past his best. We shall see. But Whiskeynose was still winning trophies at that age. Brendan still has everything to prove when it comes to winning things.

I agree with your assessment of VG, but think that is exactly what Man u need,the biggest beast in the jungle.

Or is that just what they think they need, an arrogant fucker to take over the mantle from Ferguson? There could be a conflict there though, the previous arrogant fucker is still hanging around while the next one waits in the wings.

How many teams are going to enter next season with an absolute expectation (not a hope, an expectation) of top 4?

At least 5, no?  Chelsea and City will be in the top 4, and then we will be expecting that as a bare minimum after the season we've just had.  United will expect to be back in it if they spend 150 million and have a new manager that they're confident in, and Arsenal are supposedly going to spend a lot of money as well.

Add to that the fact that Spurs will be trying their best, and well, I suppose you can't really take Everton too seriously for top 4 next season but they will make noises about that being their goal.  My point is that at least one of those top 5 I mentioned is going to be massively disappointed at the end of the season, and my guess would be Arsenal.  Once they miss it once it will be a massive long-term blow for them, as well.  

The other most likely option is United, and I hate to think (well, OK, I would love it, but anyway) of the extremities to which their fan base would be driven to if they missed out on CL football again.  I'm talking weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.  And more airplanes.  Always more airplanes.

I'm a bit fearful he'll make Rooney quit the smokes and the chunky kit-kats and make him good again. I've a feeling Mourinho was after him with that in mind.

Shrek's been gobbing off about how he's ready for the captaincy so if as expected RVP gets the armband we might see the first cracks appearing quite soon. He'll be back on 20 tabs a day and jumbo bars of Aero..