You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

I'll take a player that can actually be progressive with his passing and gets it wrong sometimes. 

We don't have the luxury of turning our noses up at it.

He won't have the luxury of being in a back three this season.  A lot of his successful passes into Coutinho came when he was in space as the LCB in a back three. In Klopp's system there will be a midfield in the way.  

He won't have the luxury of being in a back three this season.  A lot of his successful passes into Coutinho came when he was in space as part of the LCB in a back three. In Klopp's system there will be a midfield in the way.  

No there won't. Or, there shouldn't be. No decent attacking, progressive, passing coach puts a system in place that involves getting your midfield to stand in the passing lanes that go through their area, especially not a particularly vertical coach like Klopp. 

He can still pick the ball up in that area and can still find players in central forward zones. If anything he should have more chance of making long penetrating passes as the two wider men will be dropping into pockets of space behind the midfield but inside the FB and outside the CB of the opposition. Basic 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 movements from widemen.

The basic fact is he can do it and most can't. And I'll take that in my side at a cost that it might go wrong sometimes.

If people think he's not up to the defending then I think that's a conversation you can have a debate about. The idea that he can't pass is just nonsense. It's the fact he can that means he is asked to / chooses to take more risks.

• Upvote 1

Sakho is good enough. People who think he's shit but rate Lovren - and even worse - who rate Skrtel are a bit stupid and its not even worth the explanation. 

The people who are like "Look at me, i'm a genius, I've always maintained he's been shit regardless of all the chants he gets" are a joke. Every single game there's a similar comment. I get it, you don't like him, pipe the fuck down. 

That being said, his problem is that he can't stay fit and then he's thrown back in with a different partner every time and the lack of continuity creates issues. Another month long injury and i'd think of selling him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

He wasn't great, and hasn't been since his injury, but we've all seen decent performances from him previously and there is no reason why he won't get back there again soon. Of course it helps greatly when Lucas is out of the team, because he offers less protection than a fishnet condom.

He wasn't great, and hasn't been since his injury, but we've all seen decent performances from him previously and there is no reason why he won't get back there again soon. Of course it helps greatly when Lucas is out of the team, because he offers less protection than a fishnet condom.

Sakho is good enough. People who think he's shit but rate Lovren - and even worse - who rate Skrtel are a bit stupid and its not even worth the explanation.

The people who are like "Look at me, i'm a genius, I've always maintained he's been shit regardless of all the chants he gets" are a joke. Every single game there's a similar comment. I get it, you don't like him, pipe the fuck down.

That being said, his problem is that he can't stay fit and then he's thrown back in with a different partner every time and the lack of continuity creates issues. Another month long injury and i'd think of selling him.

I don't think it's necessary to get personal. He's been absolutely brutal this past month. His display against Watford was amongst the worst I've ever seen from a Liverpool centre back. Lovren had a tough start to the season but under Klopp he's been rock solid. Don't get me wrong, I'd be made up if he ever proves to be Liverpool quality, but he's looking so from it at the moment.

Such a lol post this. "Sakho is shit because of Lucas".

White liquid in a bottle has to be milk, Stringvest.

Why do some people see this cunt as some sort of cult hero?

For someone who doesn't watch football and is "bored of it" you seem to have lot's of very strong (and incorrect) opinions about lots of players. Maybe you should only give your opinions on subjects you have some knowledge about, Tony my friend.

• Upvote 4

He was very shaky at Norwich. He seemed to be rattled by the physicality of Mbokani and was extremely hesitant and indecisive. For Norwich's first goal he totally misjudged the situation and left himself in a position where he couldn't do anything. For Norwich's 4th goal, he didn't take command of the situation when he was the best placed so instead of us clearing our lines, Norwich were able to attack the second ball.

I know Sakho played in the final game of last season but I never watched it, nor have I seen any highlights (not that there were any) so I don't know how bad he himself was that day. Obviously the whole team were appalling.

He was very shaky at Norwich. He seemed to be rattled by the physicality of Mbokani and was extremely hesitant and indecisive. For Norwich's first goal he totally misjudged the situation and left himself in a position where he couldn't do anything. For Norwich's 4th goal, he didn't take command of the situation when he was the best placed so instead of us clearing our lines, Norwich were able to attack the second ball.

I know Sakho played in the final game of last season but I never watched it, nor have I seen any highlights (not that there were any) so I don't know how bad he himself was that day. Obviously the whole team were appalling.

I've had another look at that goal and I reckon he probably could go and win that header actually. 

Think it's a bit unfair to say he leaves himself in a bad position though. He's goalside of the lad and trying to block what was a pretty special bit of improvisation.

So you think the Sakho to Coutinho ball will still be a prominent part of our play?  I don't.

I think he can still make those passes, and that a decent manager will encourage it, because they'll know he's not actually that erratic and it's actually quite an asset for a team to have. Especially a team that is going to have to take a lot of responsibility for forcing the play. 

There aren't that many players in his position where you can have the "Do you think he'll keep pinging it to the number 10s feet" conversation. Which indicates it might be something quite valuable.

• Upvote 3

I think he can still make those passes, and that a decent manager will encourage it, because they'll know he's not actually that erratic and it's actually quite an asset for a team to have. Especially a team that is going to have to take a lot of responsibility for forcing the play. 

There aren't that many players in his position where you can have the "Do you think he'll keep pinging it to the number 10s feet" conversation. Which indicates it might be something quite valuable.

I think those sort of passes will become less frequent under Klopp but we shall see.  Would you agree that there's less time and space to do it playing with two centre backs instead of three? 

Stu will know but the direct answer is no, and certainly no against anyone in the bottom half of the league (especially at home) - he had the most touches of anyone on the field yesterday and completed the most passes playing in a 4 man back line.

Top teams in Europe may want to press more but it will be awhile before we see those on a regular basis.