You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

We do need another forward...if there is a belief inside the club that we can cope with Sturridge, Lambert and Borini until January, then it's a belief that is misguided at best, sheer stupidity at worst.

Sturridge treads on a nail and we are basically fucked as far a guaranteed supply of goals is concerned.

You inspire little effort, you big mentalist.

It's hard to imagine that I'm a real person, isn't it.

Look, just pull your socks up and get in here early each day, put the work in, and we'll have a sit down before the transfer window and see where we are. Is Remmie still your agent? I'll PM him and put something in the diary in late August.

I want to keep you, I've got a wide attacking position earmarked for you, but I won't lie, there's been interest for you and I've got to listen to it if you won't put the graft in.

• Upvote 4

Origi deal has been finalised.  Shame we couldn't keep him for the Season he'd have got games.

"I am very happy and delighted a club as big as Liverpool showed interest in me. I'm very excited.  I know it's a club with a great history, great fans and a lot of great players.  For me, Liverpool is one of the greatest clubs in the world and I'm very excited to be part of this great history."

It's hard to imagine that I'm a real person, isn't it.

Look, just pull your socks up and get in here early each day, put the work in, and we'll have a sit down before the transfer window and see where we are. Is Remmie still your agent? I'll PM him and put something in the diary in late August.

I want to keep you, I've got a wide attacking position earmarked for you, but I won't lie, there's been interest for you and I've got to listen to it if you won't put the graft in.

Remmie was fired ages ago. Absolutely fucking useless he was, trying to get me to move to fucking Eastern Europe.

If I can get more money elsewhere I'll be off quicker than you can say "I'd rather sell pine nuts".

Striker Rickie Lambert, 32, was signed for £4m from Southampton

Midfielder Adam Lallana, 25, was signed for £25m from Southampton

Midfielder Emre Can, 20, was signed for £10m from Bayer Leverkusen

Winger Lazar Markovic, 20, was signed for £20m from Benfica

Defender Dejan Lovren, 25, was signed for £20m from Southampton

Striker Divock Origi, 19, was signed for £10m from Lille

It might just be me but I'm really happy with our transfer window thus far. If we can add a really good left back and another forward I'll be delighted.

I can't be really happy with the loss of one of the best players we've ever had. That's not a criticism of the owners. Just how I feel...

• Upvote 2

I can't be really happy with the loss of one of the best players we've ever had. That's not a criticism of the owners. Just how I feel...

He was always gonna leave at some point. I suppose once it looked like he was forcing his way out it was very easy for me to stop looking at him as a Liverpool player and move on.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm in between. I'm happy with most of the players we've bought in, but when you lose a mega-player like Suarez you'd ideally want to replace him with something very special.

• Upvote 1

It might just be me but I'm really happy with our transfer window thus far. If we can add a really good left back and another forward I'll be delighted.

I think a lot depends of that "if" though. I'm fickle. If we get Moreno and a quality forward I'll be pretty pleased. If we resort to Bertrand and just keeping Borini as back-up then I think people have the right to a little whinge. 

I'm in between. I'm happy with most of the players we've bought in, but when you lose a mega-player like Suarez you'd ideally want to replace him with something very special.

Indeed. Absolutely massive boots to fill. However the squad is completely unrecognisable in terms of depth and quality from last year. Swings and roundabouts. (Also I'm still optimistic we'll add a nice creative forward, of course).

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lost our best player and spent a fortune on players to improve the bench, yeah I'm fucking delighted here.

Lallana and Lovren aren't here to improve the bench, and Can and Markovic will be getting lots of games. Overly negative there, mate.

• Upvote 1

Lallana and Lovren aren't here to improve the bench, and Can and Markovic will be getting lots of games. Overly negative there, mate.

Don't rate Lovren any higher than Skrtel, Sakho or Agger tbh.  I'd also be very disappointed if Coutinho doesn't push on to be a much better player than Lallana could ever dream of.   No doubt they've been bought to start, time will tell if they're improvements on what we had or very expensive bench players.

• Upvote 1

Debatable, what isn't is it's much weaker now without Suarez.

I can't help but think you're looking at this in an overly simplistic manner. We're not going to be able to adequately replace Suarez, so what we're trying to do is strengthen every other area of the squad. It's so that injuries and suspensions don't hurt us as much, it's so we don't have to rely on Aspas and Moses to change a game for us when we need it, it's so that we don't have to rely on Kolo Toure to shore up the defence when we're short or when our backs are against the wall. We've lost the best player in the world but by the end of the transfer window we'll have a much more balanced squad and be better prepared to fight on multiple fronts. IMO.

• Upvote 2

Origi deal has been finalised.  Shame we couldn't keep him for the Season he'd have got games.

"I am very happy and delighted a club as big as Liverpool showed interest in me. I'm very excited.  I know it's a club with a great history, great fans and a lot of great players.  For me, Liverpool is one of the greatest clubs in the world and I'm very excited to be part of this great history."

Yes I'm sure we'll miss his prolific 6 goals he's scored in 40 games.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1