Quantcast
Rate the last TV Show you watched - Page 347 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rate the last TV Show you watched

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

Jack Ryan - No

Sneaky Pete - Couldn't be into it.

Preacher - No

Hap and Leonard - No

Mr Inbetween - Yes, liked.

Rick and Morty - Yes, liked.

Mindhunter - Got bored halfway through 

Into the Badlands - No

Cobra Kai - Loved

Santa Clarita Diet - didn't like

Future Man - Not heard of it

Lost in Space - No.

Billions - Got bored with

Manhunt Unabomber - loved.

I loved Banshee, one of my favourite shows. Not seem strike back.

I also loved Justified, Deadwood, Wire, Shield, etc.

• Upvote 1

Billions is excellent. Rick and Morty is next level shit. I also really love Santa Clarita Diet, it’s quirky as fuck. Cobra Kai is brilliantly bad. Banshee is a must watch, it’s like a 1980s kids show but for adults. 

I’d strongly, strongly recommend Strike Back. Just a word of warning the first season is about 6 episodes and is a Sky production - it’s good with some big cast names but not eye catching. 

From season 2 it’s co-made with cinemax who make Banshee and it’s basically like a special forces version of Banshee. Action scenes that are worthy of a Bond film not TV, next level violence and Banshee like sex scenes. It’s absolutely brilliant. 

Into the Badlands is boss as well. Basically a post apocalyptic world where there are no guns and everyone just uses martial arts and swords and shit. Great fight scenes again and an easy watch. 

I loved Hap and Leonard but I think you might be bored by it going by what you like as it’s a bit slow so I’d give that a miss. 

Preacher is based on the graphic novels of the same name and is definitely worth a look. Strong cast, first season takes a little while to get going but it’s really blossomed lately. Certainly the most gruesomely violent show currently on TV.

Jack Ryan is really good and only quite a short season so I’d definitely check that out. 

I’d echo NV on Billions and Santa Clarita Diet. Both top shows in my view. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Billions is excellent. Rick and Morty is next level shit. I also really love Santa Clarita Diet, it’s quirky as fuck. Cobra Kai is brilliantly bad. Banshee is a must watch, it’s like a 1980s kids show but for adults. 

I loved Banshee, I do think if you changed some of the actors it wouldn't have been as good. Everything just fell into place, creating a uniquely crazy but brilliant show.

• Upvote 1

I will try Strike Back as I've fancied that for ages but have never really bothered as it barely gets a mention, then Into The Badlands.  

We should deffo do a TV show draft at some point that'd be ace.

Just make sure you stick with Strike Back into season 2. I really enjoyed the first season anyway but it’s crazy how much the quality increases once Cinemax came onboard. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Just make sure you stick with Strike Back into season 2. I really enjoyed the first season anyway but it’s crazy how much the quality increases once Cinemax came onboard. 

I like military based stuff anyway and if it's like Banshee, then I'll love it. Are Cinemax involved in that new Kingdom show?

Speaking of the other 'Kingdom' MMA show, that was fucking boss throughout.

Think Kingdom is Netflix. That new one based on Bruce Lee’s stories, Warrior I think it’s called, is Cinemax. 

Yeah Kingdom was boss. Alfie, Jay and Keith were superb characters. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Kingdom? You’re all welcome. 

You'll get some rep when I some new ammo. Keith was the most likable, crazy person ever.

56 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'll only really get into the 'elite' shows now such as Narcos, BB, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, etc. I've become a fussy bastard and can't be arsed with the tier below like The Americans, etc 

The Americans are superb.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SasaS said:

The Americans are superb.

I find it quite plodding and padded out. I couldn't be arsed after starting season 3.

40 minutes ago, Elite said:

I find it quite plodding and padded out. I couldn't be arsed after starting season 3.

If you lasted all the way to S3 and still couldn't find any love for the KGB in your cold cold heart, it may not be for you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Haha, I'm fully ignorant of it all. I'll try that, sounds like something I'd like.

You’re genuinely in for a treat/shock if you’ve never heard about what happened there.

• Upvote 1

Sex Education is a British comedy on Netflix about a couple of kids that set-up a sex therapy business at school. It's okay, quite funny and charming, but despite being set in modern day England it seems to have an '80s American vibe running through it and it can be quite jarring, especially in the school set scenes where it seems more like a US high school than a British school.

48 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Sex Education is a British comedy on Netflix about a couple of kids that set-up a sex therapy business at school. It's okay, quite funny and charming, but despite being set in modern day England it seems to have an '80s American vibe running through it and it can be quite jarring, especially in the school set scenes where it seems more like a US high school than a British school.

And Gillian Anderson...

7 hours ago, Elite said:

Haha, I'm fully ignorant of it all. I'll try that, sounds like something I'd like.

Still available on I player.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0001v8s/storyville-waco-madman-or-messiah-part-1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0001vzj/storyville-waco-madman-or-messiah-part-2

Well worth a watch and full of USA lunacy.

• Upvote 2

Banshee was fucking majestic, the birds were immense, the agro was fucking beautiful, the humour just fucking marvellous. Like Monkey Magic mixed with a lottery win.

Dance fit with Kelly brook 0/10.

Series 2 ( apparently) episode 1 Kelly's tits 10/10 gargantuan, looks like every episode afterwards they have asked her to zip her top up which just turns  the whole thing into a really bad fitness video. 

• Upvote 2