You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

21 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Anybody watch this true crime 5 parter on Sky, Murder at The Cottage?

Any good? Worth 5 hours of my life or just left with a load of annoying question marks?

Haven't watched it but the director makes no secret he doesn't think the main suspect didn't do it. If you listen to West Cork on Spotify you will get the opposite idea. The podcast is brilliant,  10/10.

• Upvote 1

Just started the the 3 parter on Netflix about the same murder. Don’t know anything about the case. Last time I watched a murder mystery like this on Netflix about the girl being found in the water tank on the hotel roof, it had a bit of a shit ending.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Haven't watched it but the director makes no secret he doesn't think the main suspect didn't do it. If you listen to West Cork on Spotify you will get the opposite idea. The podcast is brilliant,  10/10.

That should say he doesn't think the main suspect done it. 

Really struggling to get into The Serpent,currently showing on Netflix and is a BBC co production. It's taken me about a week to watch 4 episodes. The timeline is all over the place and I can't say the acting is particular great either. It's a great story and would probably make a great documentary too but it's just not doing a lot for me.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Really struggling to get into The Serpent,currently showing on Netflix and is a BBC co production. It's taken me about a week to watch 4 episodes. The timeline is all over the place and I can't say the acting is particular great either. It's a great story and would probably make a great documentary too but it's just not doing a lot for me.

Yes , everybody including the wife were raving about it , but I thought it was slow and a bit repetitive.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Yes , everybody including the wife were raving about it , but I thought it was slow and a bit repetitive.

Yep. The lead actor,Tahar Rahim, is the French lead in A Prophet which is a great French language crime drama too but this is a bit meh for me. 

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I enjoyed it, especially being a true story but yea, timelines all over the place.

That timeline shit started years ago, shit then and shit now.

Just show the story from start to finish.

21 hours ago, Elite said:

Rectify - 9/10

Finally finished it all now. I've never connected as much with a group of characters like I have with this show, which is strange as it's set in fucking Georgia!

Daniel was brilliant as the protagonist but I thought Teddy stole every scene he was in and his arc was my favourite, he was a deeply flawed, often cuntish bloke but I could resonate with him the most.

If you've never seen it, get it watched as it's a wonderful show. I'll shut up about it now as I realise I've been polluting the thread about it!

Just looked at reviews for this.

Some fucked up family in the first review.

Wendy Motkowicz Motkowicz

2 years ago

Well, I will say they got it perfectly right, from all perspectives. I have 3 brothers, all of which have been incarcerated at some time or another, it started with my oldest brother, did about 4 yrs, then my middle brother did 15 yrs. And now my little brother Braxton Hicks is doing life without for Capital Murder at St. Claire prison in Alabama ,the difference between him and the character 

Daniel, is that my brother is guilty, he repeatedly beat an elderly couple with a claw hammer. I honestly don't know how I escaped it, but thankfully the worst I've done is get a speeding ticket. There is a comment that Tawney made that troubles me, she said the movie gets deep , in which I totally agree , but she states deep like a relaxing bath, I'm sorry, but there is 

NOTHING! relaxing about a loved one in prison for whatever reason! I dont speak to him anymore because he's victimized me too many times, but hes still my brother, and I will always love him, I just wish a day would go by when I wont think of him, so maybe I could enjoy a relaxing bath...shes obviously never experienced the DEEP heartache that comes with it..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Just looked at reviews for this.

Some fucked up family in the first review.

Wendy Motkowicz Motkowicz

2 years ago

Well, I will say they got it perfectly right, from all perspectives. I have 3 brothers, all of which have been incarcerated at some time or another, it started with my oldest brother, did about 4 yrs, then my middle brother did 15 yrs. And now my little brother Braxton Hicks is doing life without for Capital Murder at St. Claire prison in Alabama ,the difference between him and the character 

Daniel, is that my brother is guilty, he repeatedly beat an elderly couple with a claw hammer. I honestly don't know how I escaped it, but thankfully the worst I've done is get a speeding ticket. There is a comment that Tawney made that troubles me, she said the movie gets deep , in which I totally agree , but she states deep like a relaxing bath, I'm sorry, but there is 

NOTHING! relaxing about a loved one in prison for whatever reason! I dont speak to him anymore because he's victimized me too many times, but hes still my brother, and I will always love him, I just wish a day would go by when I wont think of him, so maybe I could enjoy a relaxing bath...shes obviously never experienced the DEEP heartache that comes with it..

The US version of Amy.

On 07/07/2021 at 10:17, VladimirIlyich said:

i struggled with it at first, especially the jumping timelines - i was constantly confused about when they were and even at the end of the show when i had quite enjoyed it, i didn't get what value those timelines had brought. the 2 big things for me were 1. you have to be in the right space to watch it, with no distractions at all. 2. Jenna Coleman helps number 1.

I can't remember the point in it I finally came to terms with that - maybe about episode 3 or 4. I would say if one more episode doesn't do it for you, just fuck it off. i was glad i stuck with it though. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i struggled with it at first, especially the jumping timelines - i was constantly confused about when they were and even at the end of the show when i had quite enjoyed it, i didn't get what value those timelines had brought. the 2 big things for me were 1. you have to be in the right space to watch it, with no distractions at all. 2. Jenna Coleman helps number 1.

I can't remember the point in it I finally came to terms with that - maybe about episode 3 or 4. I would say if one more episode doesn't do it for you, just fuck it off. i was glad i stuck with it though. 

I did stick with it and it did improve quite a bit.I'd give it a steady 7/10 overall so not so bad. I'd like to see a good documentary on it though.

37 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just rewatch The Wire, or binge watch BCS before the new series starts. 

I've already done that both BB and BCS both better 2nd time around as well. 

I like watching things I haven't seen but there's a dearth lately.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I've already done that both BB and BCS both better 2nd time around as well. 

I like watching things I haven't seen but there's a dearth lately.

There is a decent little Swedish series based on a series of films called Snabba Cash on Netflix at the moment. Give it a try,it's a solid series.