You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hoovering up relegated talent

Gym Beglin

Medel. 

Cattermole is a fucking shit cunt 

There have been a few shouts for Medel but can't say I have ever noticed him so will have to check him out.

My bottom three are Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland (they still have to go away to six of the top seven).

Not seen anyone at Fulham I think would fit and only Johnson at Sunderland is anywhere near the quality we want but I think he may have issues,

A lot of them are really, really shite.  I don't mind Delph (and he's a free), Guzan, Diame (but I don't see West Ham going down) and maybe Kačaniklić back.  The rest are really shit.

The only player I'd seriously consider is Ben Davies from Swansea, who I think is a brilliant left back.

EDIT - I forgot that David N'Goals was at Swansea, I'd take him back, because he's on the back of one of my old shirts and I'd like to be able to wear it again.

• Upvote 1

Supposedly it's not his fault this time. Big Sam and Nolan were pressuring him into signing a new deal or switch agents or something and he got annoyed by the constant harassment. Could be true, could be bollocks, no denying his talents though.

For a couple of million I think he'd be worth the risk, I think Rodgers could get his head right, but we do have a lot of players that play in a similar position, with a few in the reserves/academy that aren't trouble so probably best to just steer clear.

West Ham reportedly want £10m.

Horrible list of players. But...

medel - if we end up rotating around the CL games we have to have a strong defensive unit with the right attitude. Medel is cut from the same cloth as luis. Always 100%.

If we decide we want another young CB to replace outgoings Caulker and Okore are both v good places to start.

I like kacaniklic but we have better. Even ince would be better. Mitroglu worth keeping an eye on, but we do have room for a good young striker and berahino has a lot of potential. Really like the look of him.

I really, really, really, really like NZonzi.

I don't mean by starting this thread that we should do all (or even the majority) or our shopping from relegated teams. I just think that there's a couple of cut-price players there who Rodgers could really do something with, that would boost the 'group'.

Re: Morrison (West Ham).

This would be the same Ravel Morrison who was kicked out of the Mancs for numerous off-field indiscretions and is currently about to be loaned (with a view to a permanent deal) to QPR?

No, thanks.

Yep, all the signs are there... 'issues'.

That's not to say Rodgers couldn't master him, but to me it's taking two gambles instead of one...

1) A player who might be better than his team performance shows, but a gamble to find out.

2) A player with proven issues who's going to need extra management.

One of the above might be ok, but both is a risk too far.

I don't think Liverpool need to be looking at this caliber of player now (if ever they did).

If they can't manage to attract the very cream of the crop due to wages / CL / transfer fees etc, I'm damn sure they can look towards the best of the players playing for upper mid table teams who want to better themselves at a bigger club who look to be on the brink of getting back in CL.

If Liverpool get CL this year, then I think the very lowest they can set their sights is cherry picking the best from Tottenham / Newcastle (and theoretically Everton). Plus, nabbing any of the benchwarmers from City / Chelsea / Arsenal who want regular starts.

I can see the appeal of trying to nab a cheap bargain from relegated teams, but it doesn't really send out a message of real intent to players like Suarez, or other bigger players considering joining the club.

Liverpool are on the up, and they need to keep the momentum with upgrades on the weaker elements.

Just my opinion of course!

I don't think Liverpool need to be looking at this caliber of player now (if ever they did).

Agreed. No point in buying players just to stop other clubs buying them, especially if we have no intention of playing them.

What sort of cuntish club dripping in oil would do that to a player?

• Upvote 2

I only like Caulker and Weimann from that list, but surprised there was not mention for Mulumbu. Would have been happy with any of them last summer. Although Behrahino has since looked good and had potential. 

For this summer I'd only take Caulker, who has the potential to be a top CB I think, but otherwise our aims are now higher.

Horrible list of players. But...

medel - if we end up rotating around the CL games we have to have a strong defensive unit with the right attitude. Medel is cut from the same cloth as luis. Always 100%.

If we decide we want another young CB to replace outgoings Caulker and Okore are both v good places to start.

I like kacaniklic but we have better. Even ince would be better. Mitroglu worth keeping an eye on, but we do have room for a good young striker and berahino has a lot of potential. Really like the look of him.

Good shout. I think he us exactly the type of player that Rodgers will look for - good feet, very busy and very very fast.