You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sony Xperia Z Tablet

Sugar Ape

I bought one. Never read graph....comics on it. But I'm mightily impressed with it.

Really fast, processor is superb. It has a full hd screen. Pretty flawless for what I need to use it for.

Only downside is I expected the battery life to be better for the price and it is slow to charge too.

• Upvote 1

I have used it in the bath for Spotify, but I wouldn't have the balls to submerge it underwater.

It's great for browsing, music, watching movies from an sd card or usb stick. It's really light for it's size and the full hd screen is great. There is also a way of putting flash player on it manually, but I haven't got round to it yet.

I got a great cover/stand from eBay for 15euro. I also got a HDMI and an on the go adapter for a few euro each. You can connect a ps3 controller to it as well.

• Upvote 1

I haven't ordered mine yet, but after extensive research it looks the best bet for me by far. The Nexus 10 has slightly better specs, but it doesn't have an option to fit a memory card, which is a deal breaker for me.

To be fair, I'm only going to be browsing the net, watching XBMC and Netflix and reading some comics on it. I like the fact it's waterproof as well.

Sony are pulling out of PC and laptop production, hopefully to concentrate on the stuff they used to be really good at - sound and vision. Incidentally, there's a 21 inch android tablet from hp - don't know whether it's any good, but people I know use it. With a Bluetooth keyboard and Microsoft office over the cloud (can't remember what that's called) it becomes a decent cheap PC

What about word processing and using powerpoint etc on it

I don't know mate as that's something I wouldn't use it for. I'd imagine it's fine for it but some research in Google should tell you.

Yeah Stringy, I read they've sold their PC making section off and they're restructuring the TV division. This tablet is meant to he great, as is the phone version, and obviously the PS4, should be the markets they're focusing on.

Not yet, just haven't got round to ordering it but I will do soon.

Incidentally, the price seems to have gone up on amazon and most places are £380 for it. I'm ordering mine from very.co.uk which has the 16gb version for £350 or the 32gb version at £399. You can also buy now pay later, up to a year, with them at no extra charge if you sign up for an account or pay it in 3 monthly instalments.

Not yet, just haven't got round to ordering it but I will do soon.

Incidentally, the price seems to have gone up on amazon and most places are £380 for it. I'm ordering mine from very.co.uk which has the 16gb version for £350 or the 32gb version at £399. You can also buy now pay later, up to a year, with them at no extra charge if you sign up for an account or pay it in 3 monthly instalments.

I may just do that. Was going get it with littlewoods over the course of a year so Very sounds much easier and cheaper!

Very and Littlewoods are the same company I think, but Very is cheaper on loads of stuff. I signed up for an account on the internet and without phoning me or anything they gave me an account limit of £3,600!

There is normally a £4-5 charge for delivery but everything I've had off them so far has been sound.