You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yevhen Konoplyanka

WhiskeyJar

Yevhen's excited......no seriously:

Yevhen-Konoplyanka-Dnipro_3074451.jpg?20

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9142627/transfer-news-yevhen-konoplyanka-excited-by-liverpools-interest

Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka has claimed he is 'excited' by the possibility of joining Liverpool before the close of the January transfer window.

Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre flew out to Ukraine earlier this week to hold discussions regarding a deal for Konoplyanka.

Tottenham Hotspur are also understood to have shown an interest in Konoplyanka, but Liverpool are in pole position to secure his signature.

Reports have claimed that Liverpool have upped their offer to £16million for the 24-year-old Ukraine international as manager Brendan Rodgers tries to finalise a 'major signing' before Friday's deadline.

Konoplyanka, who scored against England in a 2014 World Cup qualifier at Wembley in September 2012, is surprised at how strong Liverpool's interest has become.

"I'm excited about it and soon everyone will know where I will play," Konoplyanka is quoted in the Daily Star.

"Is it very serious with Liverpool? I am shocked myself at how serious it is. I think in the near future everything will become clear."

Liverpool missed out on the signing of Mohamed Salah earlier this month after the Egypt international winger opted to join Chelsea from Basel.

His name was Kono, Kono-PLy-anka to the tune of Copacabana by Barry Manilow.

Were Manilow says "music and passion were always the fashion at the COPA----they fell in love"

You could say "it's you he is chasin, the kop are embracing our Kono----we fell in love"

Then do the "do-do-do---do-do-de-do" bit similar to the Maxi song were the do's are the rhythm.

Every time i read his name i have 'Cheek to Cheek by Fred Astaire in my head but god knows what lyrics

Heaven, I'm in Heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak;
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing, cheek to cheek

Heres a wee song i've been working on since our interest was first made public. Go easy, I've put my heart and soul into this one:

His name is hard to say,

He comes from over there *point in an easterly direction*

He's quite good but not world class,

But we like him anyway, for now

To the tune of abra cadabra.