You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you think Suarez might leaving in January?

WhiskeyJar

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Suarez might leaving in January?

It isn't a title challenge just yet imo. They don't happen in October.

By the time everyone gets back off the international break and the next game is played, it'll be near enough December, not October.

Don't kid yourself, Arsenal will be excellent this season, Flamini or Arteta holding (both class), and then four attackers behind Giroud. It's excellent to watch.

I don't think he will go anywhere else but Real Madrid in January and even then only if they pay us £60m in cash or in part-ex.

Watching them play Juventus, Suarez would be ideal for them as the lone striker with Bale & Ronaldo either side, he's streets better than Benzema.

They might think that Luis could bring them the Champions League for the first time in yonks and he is not cup-tied so could fetch a premium.

We would not want to sell but if he wants to go and Madrid will pay I can see it happen unfortunately.

The next debate could be who would you want (or is realistically going to join us) from their ranks in a part-ex because RM would have to sell to buy?

if that welsh minger is worth 80 million, luis is worth 120 million....

I really don't care, he's a phenomenal player but I won't lose sleep over what schemes he has planned to get out of here. I think the players underestimate just how much adulation they get at Liverpool and how much it can affect their game when it's no longer there to get them through lean times.

Yep, Lucas and Henderson get hard ons from the support they receive.

By the time everyone gets back off the international break and the next game is played, it'll be near enough December, not October.

Don't kid yourself, Arsenal will be excellent this season, Flamini or Arteta holding (both class), and then four attackers behind Giroud. It's excellent to watch.

It's still not a title challenge. 

Time will tell if it will be.

Look at this Arsenal side, who saw that coming? Last season you'd have laughed at the suggestion of Giroud, Ramsey, Mertesacker and Rosicky being integral to an Arsenal title challenge.

Me - I had a cheeky bet with Paul and Stu Monty that Arsenal would finish third or higher.  I rate Mertesacker, too.  I think I'm the only person in world football who does, except for him mum and Wenger. 

Guest San Don

It all depends on whether or not he has signed a new contract (as was supposedly agreed during the summer) and whether or not someone outside the PL comes in with an offer that comes close to our valuation.

I would assume that the new contract will include a buy out clause that the player can enforce. (rather than one that the club is only obliged to consider).

Good as he is I am sure there will be elements inside the club that will heave a sigh of relief if we offloaded him and banked £60m.

I have no real reason for believing that he will go in January. Equally I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I just hope that if he is going we already have a replacement lined up.

Supposedly agreed new contract!?

Just how gullible are some people? Like the club would weaken its position by giving him a new contract that makes it easier for him to leave?

Hate to break it to you but there was no contract agreed, supposedly or otherwise.

As to whether he goes in Jan or summer, I can see Madrid making a bid of about £40m and hoping he agitates for a move.

I want to keep Suarez, dur, but at the same time I'm quite whimsical about him going.

I'm perversely interested to see how well he'd do in Spain, quite honestly, I love his smile and I like seeing him happy.

But it's also interesting to note that success and failure is always around the corner, and no matter how well built your team is it doesn't guarantee you success or protect you from failure.

Look at this Arsenal side, who saw that coming? Last season you'd have laughed at the suggestion of Giroud, Ramsey, Mertesacker and Rosicky being integral to an Arsenal title challenge.

Equally, you'd have ridiculed the notion that City could purchase Fernandinho, Negredo and Navas and be labouring in mid-table, or that Chelsea could buy Schurlle, Willian and Etoo and bring Mourinho back and still be below Southampton in December.

It's easy to break something that works, but it's not impossible to put it together again and be just as good as last time, if not better. Look how quickly that clubs like Southampton, Swansea, Spurs, have all got their act together and changed. Further afield, look at how Dortmund have swooped in without a massive budget, or Atletico Madrid have grown, or Roma have rebuilt.

How does this relate to Suarez? Well, for me his future does not define our future. As long as we have a progressive manager who can get players to play for him, then our journey won't end just because we sell a player, even our best player.

I agree with alot of that apart from the last part. In a way it might define our future as your talking a 20 to 30 goals a season player. We touched lucky with Torres and failed with Carroll. We touched lucky with Suarez but the chances of firstly finding a player to score that amount and then blagging him here isnt easy at all.

We still have Dan I know but surely this is the best chance of getting a top 4 place we might have for quite a while. Suarez is the key to that as he has genius in him. If he goes its fine having a load of cash but it will end up another rebuild pushing us back. It s so important for us to keep Suarez as long as we can.

Nah, he's nowhere near as good as Messi. Neither is Ronaldo.

This season up to now I would put Ronaldo over Messi as Messi hasnt been the same since he cameback from his injury. Dont get me wrong he is scoring still but apart from a few flashes of genius he hasnt been close to his best.

Maybe he rushed back and it is that imo what has happend. He hasnt been fully 100% as he has looked a pale reflection on the Messi we know. Like you said though one persons opinion and another would disagree.

Messi's unfit. Ronaldo could score 100 goals a game and I still wouldn't give two fucks. Robot motherfucker.

Hence, Suarez is the best player in the world at the moment

Yep. The ultimate athlete. Probably the most complete the game has ever seen. Technically exceptional, great striker of a football, and with both feet. The greatest impact player in the world. Probably the most effective attacking player in the world at the moment.

But...doesn't have the brain of a footballing genius, and never will.

• Upvote 1

Messi's unfit. Ronaldo could score 100 goals a game and I still wouldn't give two fucks. Robot motherfucker.

Hence, Suarez is the best player in the world at the moment

Agree with that, though in some ways it's testament to how good that Ronaldo is that scoring tons of goals just seems to effortless to him, it's just a by-product or something, he secretes goals.

I can't remember too many Ronaldo goals though, they're all a bit 'hoofy' or headery. Suarez is an artist whereas Ronaldo is a scientist.

I would buy a ticket to watch Suarez play football, I wouldn't do the same for Ronaldo.

• Upvote 1

I think the only chance he leaves in January is if Madrid are in for him, and we'll only let him go if it's a HUGE fee.  Say, north of £65 million.

Ergo, I don't think it will happen.  We might get a big offer from Malaga if they've just sold Falcao to Chelsea or something, but I honestly can't see him so desperate to leave us for them that he'd demand a move.  After the slapdown in the summer, I don't think he'll make too big a push to get out unless it's Bayern, Barca, or Madrid coming in for him, and since I doubt that any of those three will even consider it in January then I vote no.

Too bad we can't do 3-way trades like they do on rare occasions in the NFL.  Chelsea get Falcao, we get Mata and £35 million, and Malaga get Suarez.  I'd think long and hard about something like that if it were offered, but it's a complete fantasy because it would obviously never happen.  In the real world, Suarez will stay until the summer, and if we actually do manage to scrape a CL spot then the summer window is going to be fascinating to see what we do with the money.

Will Suarez be back in time for the Everton match?

Uruguay have got to play a second leg next Wednesday. 

Yes he will and normally it dosent have any effect on his performance either. It is a worrying distance to travel though and more worrying will be getting him out of the country when they qualify.