You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham at home

fowler9

People can say what they want about fulham being poor, the level of dominance we showed in that game was very impressive.Even if it had been against a championship team I would have been impressed, we have made these kind of games too hard for years but this season we are showing the right attitude and giving the performances which should be expected.

The stats suggest otherwise, I'd say Agger had a massive influence just by his presence on the pitch.

Stats don't suggest things code. They just are. You suggest things while ignoring other more compelling correlations like: the opposition, the random defensive setup chosen for this week, whether Gerrard decides to try and clear near post corners, the tactical approach of the opposition, etc.

• Upvote 1

Guest San Don

Against teams like Fulham, we look very good. Compared to the game against arse, it was difficult to name 3 players for MoTM since hardly anyone had a poor game (in fact I dont think anyone did).

We need to step up when we play teams like arse who look like being front runners in the title race. The good thing is, the league looks far more open this year than it has for decades. mourinho isnt the superman people thought in his second coming and they were spawny getting that pen yesterday.

Last year uniteds forwards scored:

Van persie 26
Rooney 12
Hernandez 10
Welbeck 1

49 goals

We had

Suarez 23
Sturridge 12
Borini 1

This year so far we have:

Suarez 8

Sturridge 8

Moses 1

on current form and if they stay clear of injury both sturridge and suarez are on course for over 20 goals. can moses be the one to get 5-10 goals or will we need to buy someone else?

Van persie 26

Rooney 12

Hernandez 10

Welbeck 1

49 goals

We had

Suarez 23

Sturridge 12

Borini 1

Suarez 8

Sturridge 8

Moses 1

on current form and if they stay clear of injury both sturridge and suarez are on course for over 20 goals. can moses be the one to get 5-10 goals or will we need to buy someone else?

Moses probably won't but like Lario says Coutinho hopefully will

Van persie 26

Rooney 12

Hernandez 10

Welbeck 1

49 goals

We had

Suarez 23

Sturridge 12

Borini 1

Suarez 8

Sturridge 8

Moses 1

The 10 goal player will hopefully be bought in Jan. Gerrard will hopefully pitch in with around 10, mainly pens though. Coutinho and Hendo will hopefully get a few more too.

Still have reservations about Gerrard at the highest level.

By that, I mean City, United, spurs, arsenal, city home and away, 10 games. And then there's Swansea, Southampton and Everton operating very well.

We've already dropped 4 points against Swansea and Southampton, so we NEED to get 3 points home and away against the other 12 teams in the division home and away.

I'm buzzed that we polished Fulham off, but it's changed nothing in terms of my reservations about the midfield. That said, maybe 433 will be a different story.

People can say what they want about fulham being poor, the level of dominance we showed in that game was very impressive

Sums it up.

Haven't read all the comments but did anyone else notice Bent and Taraabt laughing it up on the bench when their team was down 4-0? What a disgrace. Fulhan may be shite but they were usually an honest team. Players like that disgrace their club and football in general.

• Upvote 1

Thoroughly enjoyed that game. The end result was never in doubt for me - Fulham were very poor coming to that game and we've had our front 3 all in ascendancy.

I liked our captain's contribution too. I am increasingly finding myself thinking "how the fuck did he see that" - his contribution yesterday was excellent. I am also glad for us reverting to back 4 and putting paid to our 3-at-the-back experiment, but it was one-game-too-late for me - we should have done that earlier when we played the arse.

Didn't like Sturridge's sulking when he got subbed and I am glad Rodgers had a word with him straight away so hopefully he'll nip that in the bud before long.

Next round of games will be very interesting given what happened this weekend: Arse are playing Southampton, who, as we found out, ain't no mugs, Citeh are playing Spurs and the mancs are away to Cardiff who were very unlucky not to win today, while we play the bitters - I'd love a last-gasp Suarez winner in that game, like the one that never was the last time around. Onwards and upwards.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest San Don

Thoroughly enjoyed that game. The end result was never in doubt for me - Fulham were very poor coming to that game and we've had our front 3 all in ascendancy.

I liked our captain's contribution too. I am increasingly finding myself thinking "how the fuck did he see that" - his contribution yesterday was excellent. I am also glad for us reverting to back 4 and putting paid to our 3-at-the-back experiment, but it was one-game-too-late for me - we should have done that earlier when we played the arse.

Didn't like Sturridge's sulking when he got subbed and I am glad Rodgers had a word with him straight away so hopefully he'll nip that in the bud before long.

Next round of games will be very interesting given what happened this weekend: Arse are playing Southampton, who, as we found out, ain't no mugs, Citeh are playing Spurs and the mancs are away to Cardiff who were very unlucky not to win today, while we play the bitters - I'd love a last-gasp Suarez winner in that game, like the one that never was the last time around. Onwards and upwards.

I'd rather sturridge was pissed off at getting subbed than being too willing to come off. Same as last week when he had a grump at Suarez for not squaring the ball to him. He might well of missed if Suarez had of squared it but it shows the lads is hungry to score.

But I agree it is a fine line to tread. Dont see any reason to make a big issue out of it.

Results have gone well for us today so Im happy with that.

I'd rather sturridge was pissed off at getting subbed than being too willing to come off. Same as last week when he had a grump at Suarez for not squaring the ball to him. He might well of missed if Suarez had of squared it but it shows the lads is hungry to score.

There's a difference between getting narky when your team mate doesn't square the ball for you to score (I agree, Sturridge was better placed to do it, no doubt about that) and getting upset when subbed by Rodgers, particularly after he spooned 2 or 3 clear chances.

Rodgers was right to sub him when he did. Sturridge should've kept his opinion to himself and had a quiet word with Brendan afterwards, if needed, not throw his dummy in front of everyone like a little fucking sissy.

That is why, I presume, Brendan stopped him and had a word.

• Downvote 1

When did studge show disrespect? I seen him tell senderos who was trying to rush him off the pitch to fuck off but nothing towards Rodgers.I thought the quick word was Rodgers asking if he was hurt after colliding with stands 1 or 2 mins before he came off.

This is exactly what happened as he was walking off very slowly clapping the fans.  There was no sulking that I could see.

The 10 goal player will hopefully be bought in Jan. Gerrard will hopefully pitch in with around 10, mainly pens though. Coutinho and Hendo will hopefully get a few more too.

Gerrard hendo and coutinho will score the goals we need to better or match uniteds midfield goals. We need a 3rd striker to chip in with 5-10 important goals. These will be the goals that win us points when suarez sturridge gerrard and coutinho sometimes dont do it for us.

We need more goals from defenders too. Evra had 4 last season. Evans had 3. Rafael had 3.

Coutinho will get the guts of 10 goals before he en of the season if some mucker doesn't kick him out of the game!

Can't see him scoring that many to be honest. From what I've seen so far his shooting looks one of the weakest parts of his game. Still a boss player mind.