You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

We should not even contemplate selling to another English club. We are too far behind Arsenal & Chelsea as it is without giving them our best player.

Whilst Chamberlain/Walcott are good players, Suarez turns it on every game and not just 1 in 3. Sell him if we have to, but only abroad. If Torres was worth 50, Suarez is worth more.

All those who believe LFC hold all the cards are deluded, players usually get their move, the only thing we can do is chooses who to sell him to.

If LFC were in complete control of this, then why have we gone from " he is not for sale" to " we don't want to sell him"

FSG are not interested in the next level, if we get there, great, if not they make enough money as it is and will eventually sell for a profit anyway.

As long as they have 1 player that they can aggressively market ( coutinho at present ) then that is good enough for them.

Yea they are still bad but he tried to talk positively about lfc to make himself look good.

I wouldn't be devastated if he went to prem club but would prefer he went abroad.

We lost Torres to a prem club when he was more crucial to our team then Suarez is now and we got on with it.

For me Suarez finishing is very iffy and I'll be interested to see how he does in a team where he is not the key player who plays every minute of every game.

Consistently the best player I ve ever seen in the flesh but if he goes he goes as long as we replace his goals.

Consistently the best player I ve ever seen in the flesh but if he goes he goes as long as we replace his goals.

his goals, his assists, his magic etc....

Care to list a few players that could be adequate replacements?

IMO there is no one out there. We'd need to sign two or three players to get what Suarez offers on the pitch. Higuain and Mkhitaryan could have been a good combination but the owners are not prepared to invest seriously.

There is no ambition in the club at the moment.

We should not even contemplate selling to another English club. We are too far behind Arsenal & Chelsea as it is without giving them our best player.

Tell that to FSG. They've done it already by selling Torres to Chelsea.

all well and good apart from once again the headline is completely different to what the interview actually says as at no point does it say he will consider anyone in the Champions League and no hints whatsoever about a move to another premier league club

Skysports news reporting that he will go anywhere if its playing at a higher level than us but then it quotes him as saying he is misunderstood by the press here and he would have been player of the year had ivanovic not put his arm in his mouth.

You can say these interviews are misinterpreted but not once has he expressed a desire to stay. I think its moved from I d stay but the press persecute me to id stay if we were in cl. What next? I d stay but that accent drives me mad?

Its sky trying to kickstart the story back up as there is no new news about it. It s what they do , there report has no mention of another interview and no media source has any refferance to another interview being made.

IMO there is no one out there. We'd need to sign two or three players to get what Suarez offers on the pitch. Higuain and Mkhitaryan could have been a good combination but the owners are not prepared to invest seriously.

Its business to FSG. They don't give a fuck about the football side. We have been losing our better players for years cos we haven't been constantly competitive in the league, it will go on as long as we are not at least top 4

I don't read the rag but someone who knows I'm Liverpool fan showed me it when I was on way to shop, it says he done interview last night.

He basically said he left Ajax to improve and wants to leave Liverpool to improve.Also that it hurts looking at prem table and that he is desperate for champs league.

Its business to FSG. They don't give a fuck about the football side. We have been losing our better players for years cos we haven't been constantly competitive in the league, it will go on as long as we are not at least top 4

If they are selling our top players like Torres to make money why did they invest all money back in team?

Suarez is forcing a move its nothing to do with owners or manager.

Why is he still giving interviews?

Rodgers is in daily contact, surely he must have told him to shut up.

He's meant to be on his holiday and he is just touting himself around.

Luis Suarez says ambition driving Liverpool exit plans

Luis Suarez says he will consider all offers to leave Liverpool as he wants to compete at the highest possible level.

The Uruguay international has expressed a desire to leave Anfield after becoming disillusioned with life in England.

He has been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea, but Spanish giants Real Madrid are considered to the frontrunners in the race for his signature.

"This club needs to fight to enter the Champions League and, when it doesn't happen, it damages the morale of any player. So I've suffered."

Luis Suarez

Liverpool are reluctant to let the unsettled striker leave, with boss Brendan Rodgers in 'constant communication' with the South American, but Suarez has reiterated that he will push for a move if he can further his career elsewhere.

He said: "If I receive an important offer to progress my career, I will study it. Some clubs have asked about me but I hand questions over to my agent. I am no stranger to rumours.

"I always want to improve. That's why I left Ajax for Liverpool.

"But this club needs to fight to enter the Champions League and, when it doesn't happen, it damages the morale of any player. So I've suffered.

"It is hard to view the Premier League every week with never a chance of winning it.

"On top of that, the English media do not understand me. The controversies with (Patrice) Evra and (Branislav) Ivanovic were decisive. There are always extra questions when people analyse me.

"After the Evra incident, it was very difficult to convince people about the 'real' Luis Suarez. Things had improved but then the incident involving Ivanovic was another blow.

"Had that not happened, perhaps I would have been regarded as the best Premier League player last season."

Transfer news: Luis Suarez says ambition driving Liverpool exit plans | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Why is he still giving interviews?

Rodgers is in daily contact, surely he must have told him to shut up.

He's meant to be on his holiday and he is just touting himself around.

Why shouldn't he talk to the press in Uruguay? They love him and they aren't just asking him about us or another club. They do massive long interviews and the papers here pick a quote to make him look as bad as they can.

Why shouldn't he talk to the press in Uruguay? They love him and they aren't just asking him about us or another club. They do massive long interviews and the papers here pick a quote to make him look as bad as they can.

He shouldn't talk to them every other day touting himself out for a move.

He should show some respect to the club and fans who have backed him to the full, at times when he hasn't deserved backing!

Hes irreplaceable in terms of the magic he creates even when hes not playing well but there are players out there who can score 30 goals a season.

Read an interview with david johnson yesterday. People thought we wouldnt replace keegan and that worked out for us.

Apparently the new quotes started in the rag we don't buy.

Why do our fans believe everything reported in English press about Suarez when he is Uruguay.

Check LB Celeste on twitter for full interview translations.

I don't understand it either. Perhaps those people who want him sold are quicker to believe the stuff being printed in England, even when it's coming from Sky and the rag.

But at the same time, I would be a frustrated fan if a talented player wanted to leave the club and said it so publicly.

No fucking harm, but I can't believe he's saying the Ivanovic incident was 'decisive'. He fucking bit him. That's where it begins and ends.

The fact that he lumps that in with the Evra incident actually makes me begin to doubt his version of events in that quite frankly, and I'm fucking disgusted at that. I stood behind him unequivocally on that as I thought he was stitched up, but to put it on equal par to regards being wronged as the same as biting someone unprovoked?

Completely undermines his credibility that.