You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Giro d'Italia 2013

Anyone else be watching this?

Probably the 3 toughest weeks a sportsman can go through, can't wait!

Main contenders...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEP0kt7CslFNRyVWV-qa2cM_zZpEZNdng4uECU5gULMRLQ6EA6

Fighting for this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9F_gZohUNfOZ44SYUScA-FiOwXg9PVMEW0pvwDdnF2xgC-7M7Ww

And this thing of beauty...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR86x-Bze8x7iZv0hQNOzMOJJ0uOrHNCz9PH9xBVjQkh34Kdvh-Gw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE7X5wqW0kgHKXa0B_F7A60vFvUcOzHcW1sUZb6t_2dXxAfx2efw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY-RN0fxtRRHhY6DoyYwOWlRjjwxb0E-yIYORuijYO2cjY9RbZ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbP5q2voKebYvhnWvBsCQq_8IOTUiyu7eSMc7MxobF1hQKsW49bw

Last years winner Ryder Hejesdal...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB6nKV3SIixE2JJk24xPs23fEw7CqIm17o4y0KoSWbmDlMqKl87w

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS10AHsu9FfMtf5mXpmcfbldG44DKHmDOGP3HKgEBTaAVbaPZ-lDg

Wiggins and Cav have both previously worn the pink jersey/Maglia Rosa, hopefully and the end of the 3 weeks we can see this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVSm4jH9MZPwsya90fLqJiEw43k4ELXy29XHA2FbKhkt_rzQxHZA

Cavendish has a great chance on todays first stage to get himself into the pink again...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcKUZ7EZUdfvGZZWzZA1ERsG4LhuczbfmYMdN2DLRyfsJ4oZKv

Loads of info about the race here...Giro d'Italia news | Cycling Weekly

Anyone fancy an outside each way bet have a look at Santambrogio and Betancur.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen Santambrogio time trial? After the Trentino performance he is obviously in good nick for a stage but he's getting nowhere near the podium.

Cav FTW today and someone from Garmin or Sky to take over the malia rose tomorrow after the Team Time Trial.

Have you seen Santambrogio time trial? After the Trentino performance he is obviously in good nick for a stage but he's getting nowhere near the podium.

Cav FTW today and someone from Garmin or Sky to take over the malia rose tomorrow after the Team Time Trial.

I know hes not great at TTs and i did say outsider, checking his odds now hes come right in from when i last looked to 33/50-1 which isn't great either, Betencur to has come right in, he was 250-1 on PPower a few weeks back and 150-1 a week ago and is now 50-1, it ain't worth it that short.

As you say they should be good for a stage or 2 especially Santa, he looked very good hanging with Froome in the mountains not to long ago which not many have been able to do this year.

Once again Acquarone delivers a fantastic parcours with loads of opportunities for a selection. Week 1 has a Team Time Trial and an 800m climb to the finish in stage 4, week 2 has an an individual time trial and plenty more medium mountains, week 3 has the really high mountains including Galibier, Stelvio, Gavia, Giau and Tre Cime and a mountain TT.

The TdF organisers could learn a lot from the Italians. They've given us the usual boring week 1 for the sprinters, week 2 has 1.5 stages in the Pyrennes and a time trial then everything else lumped into the last week. They've even managed to make the Ventoux stage boring with 200km of flat before the main event. The tour barely makes it over 2000 meters this year.

more reasons why the giro is better than the tour (turn the music off)

[YOUTUBE]volcjr33cKI[/YOUTUBE]

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoG_Z1PT80_B4cCaI4zfeglBKzcqpp0cbFVbdp5djVSEd_2cyF

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdAy96P3ByG0UJvJD4arw8j8da8sO6I8MLcnsTo4QPqF6-_H_V-Q

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHwIRnXz-8igWJtkNTB-O_G_OnbsC5DvGNisE_8zAPAj6Ks65vEA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7CM9GpMczneOMPuBpx-UHwf3Okm6YW4u-Z69Vl1CgbELKUGj_PA

As expected, great win with all that was going on in that last 1k, had to go close a 10 meter gap in the last 500 odd meters and go around the long way and still smoked them, not to forget his customary swearing on live tv (2nd pic).

Edited by DooooodekNo5

TTT odds, Hills.

7/4

Garmin - Sharp

9/4

Orica Greenedge

7/2

Sky Procycling

9/1

BMC Racing Team

12/1

Blanco Pro Cycling Team

16/1

Astana

40/1

Radioshack Leopard

50/1

Movistar

66/1

Omega Pharma - Quickstep

66/1

Team Saxo - Tinkoff

120/1

Team Katusha

150/1

Lampre

200/1

Team Argos - Shimano

300/1

Vini Fantini

400/1

Cannondale

400/1

FDJ

500/1

Androni Giocatelli

600/1

Lotto - Belisol

800/1

Euskaltel

800/1

Vacansoleil - DCM

1000/1

Bardiani Valvole

2000/1

Ag2r La Mondiale

2000/1

Team Columbia - High Road

Movistar at 50-1 and BMC at 9s are good value.

True, but they only ride 3 a year. Astana were 13 seconds down on a 14 km course, I doubt the gap will be more than 20 seconds. Bmc were nearly a minute down but if I remember right they only had a 5 man team so a bit of a false result. Garmin were well down too but ryder hesjedal had already abandoned and millar is back as well today. Should be an interesting race.

480913_183067115182353_370841880_n.jpg

New bars on Wiggins' time trial bike. Interesting to see this 'variation' Also notice the brakes behind the forks under the downtube. It may have been like this before but I can't say I noticed it.

Would of been nice to see Wiggins do a competetive TT this year but it hasn't happened, that 55k tt stage is huge in the context of the race.

Good shout on movistar at 50/1 shame you didn't take them for a place.

I fancy the breakaway to win today, the two little climbs at the end will mean the sprinters teams won't chase, Sky are unlikely to defend the jersey today so they will let some GC no hopers down the road and only look to regain it after the TT or in the big mountains. Look for the Italian teams like androni and vini to get men in the breakaway.

A steep technical descent (12 hairpins in 6kms) is perfect for Nibali to attack and Sky will need to be on their guard. Can't really pick a likely winner until we see who is in the breakaway and if the other teams try to chase but if it comes back together I'll plump for danilo di luca.

Edit TT bikes have had concealed front brakes for a while now.

Good shout on movistar at 50/1 shame you didn't take them for a place.

I fancy the breakaway to win today, the two little climbs at the end will mean the sprinters teams won't chase, Sky are unlikely to defend the jersey today so they will let some GC no hopers down the road and only look to regain it after the TT or in the big mountains. Look for the Italian teams like androni and vini to get men in the breakaway.

A steep technical descent (12 hairpins in 6kms) is perfect for Nibali to attack and Sky will need to be on their guard. Can't really pick a likely winner until we see who is in the breakaway and if the other teams try to chase but if it comes back together I'll plump for danilo di luca.

Edit TT bikes have had concealed front brakes for a while now.

Bouhanni would be my pick, hes favourite with the bookies but not sure that really means anything today, bit of a lottery really, anything could happen.