You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawkins is playing well here. Im starting to believe he might win this.

You're the only one mate. Yea, he's been in front and it could happen again, but there's still a long way to go in this, and Ronnie knows what he needs to do to win. I'm not sure but I assume that since this is the biggest tournament, this is also the longest match Hawkins will have ever played in. But Ronnie's been here 4 times before and never lost.

You're the only one mate. Yea, he's been in front and it could happen again, but there's still a long way to go in this, and Ronnie knows what he needs to do to win. I'm not sure but I assume that since this is the biggest tournament, this is also the longest match Hawkins will have ever played in. But Ronnie's been here 4 times before and never lost.

I dont think he will anymore. Everytime he gets close to O'Sullivan he goes up another gear. Hope he runs him close and we get a late finish. There hasnt been a really good close finish in years.

Wtf was that all about, live coverage of knocking on the players room doors to let them know its time to start?

Where the hell did they get that Rob Walker from?

Anyway Ronnie could win with a session spare?

Could, but I think it's highly unlikely he'll win all 8 frames this afternoon. Can see O'Sullivan taking the session 5-3 to have a 15-10 lead going into tonight.

I maintain this will be a one sided affair. As soon as he got past Trump he'd won it. Hawkins is playing well to keep pace with him, but there is absolutely no chance he'll get past Ronnie and stay there.

Every time Hawkins pulls out snooker that has seen him depose of two favourites this tournament, O'Sullivan responds with some frankly obscene snooker.

He's only operating at 75% in my opinion. Another few gears and he'd be out of sight.

He's only operating at 75% in my opinion.

Don't even think he's been operating that high to be honest.

It was always a cert that Hawkins would fall behind as soon Ronnie got his skates on. That said, Hawkins positional play at times has been piss poor and has gifted some frames to Ronnie.

Can see Ronnie winning the first 3 frames tonight to finish this off.

Edited by 1892-LFCWasBorn

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You've got to give Hawkins his credit here. Battling fucker. Good snooker, too. Really good.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Any other year, any other player, and Hawkins would win this. O'Sullivan is a fucking machine.

He's like the opposite of a machine. He's like an organic system with mercurial brilliance. Something that can't be understood, but he's like the fucking wind.

He's like the opposite of a machine. He's like an organic system with mercurial brilliance. Something that can't be understood' date=' but he's like the fucking wind.[/quote']

That is sublime. I defer to your superior description.

He's just on another world isn't he? Wonderful.

On another note, he's not my (or everybody's) cup of tea, but have to agree with Murphy's rebuttal of the "burnout" excuse. Hawkins is into his 100th-odd game of the season.

The players will have to stop whingeing.