You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

U-18 v Tottenham

LFC64

Just put the telly on to watch it but it's not on.

Wish they'd make their fucking minds up about these games.

As you probably already know, it was due to be played and subsequently shown live on Saturday gone, but as the game was postponed due to the weather until this morning, they didn't bother rescheduling the coverage for some bizarre reason...

The lads are at home to Stoke this coming Saturday morning, with the game being shown live on the offal channels, online and TV.

The following Saturday, they travel to Spurs. This game is not currently scheduled for live broadcast according to the offal.

I've heard we have generally fielded a relatively young side since a few of the regulars have been promoted to the U-21's like Dunn Ibe Sinclair Lussey McLaughlin and so on. Likewise the U-16 lads have moved into the U-18's in their place.

Would be interesting to know how many other sides have promoted their promising players in this way and if the current U-18's average age is any younger than their rivals in their league. We lost a lot of games early on in the season but have picked up recently which may have been down to this shuffling of players up through the ranks.

Fucks sake. Where can you get an updated fixture list for the reserves, U-21 and U-18? I checked the offal earlier and it said the game was postponed with no further information being issued.

Was looking forward to this one.

Edit: I see it wasn't broadcast. Still though. Fucks sake.

Trickett-Smith seems to be doing well in that more advanced position.

Cooper sticking with the 15 + 16 year olds then (plus a couple of 14 year olds)

The players are not as young as Steve Hunter says, so I don't think there are any 14 year olds in the team.

Hunter said that Corey Whelan and Harry Wilson are 14, whilst Sam Hart is 15. Whelan and Wilson are both born in 1997, whilst Sam Hart is born in 1996.

Fucks sake. Where can you get an updated fixture list for the reserves, U-21 and U-18? I checked the offal earlier and it said the game was postponed with no further information being issued.

Was looking forward to this one.

Edit: I see it wasn't broadcast. Still though. Fucks sake.

The fixtures on the offal were up to date when I checked this morning around 11:00.

I really should be avoiding this OTT premature sort of shite, but I honestly think if he avoids injuries, keeps his head screwed on and keeps progressing, he'll be playing for the 1st team by the time he is 17.

A tremendous talent and, although I don't mean it to sound like a criticism of them, he has a playing style that is possibly more suited to the English game than the likes of Suso, Teixeira, Nacho and Pacheco.

Difficult to say, he's that rare breed... a midfielder. In the sense that he does a bit of everything and seems to relish passing, tackling, moving to give teammates a good option and getting into the box.

One thing I would say is that he's far from physically developed at this stage, he's got natural balance which helps him get through bigger opponents but you just can't tell how he'll develop at this stage. He could still go all Adam Pepper on us.

Difficult to say, he's that rare breed... a midfielder. In the sense that he does a bit of everything and seems to relish passing, tackling, moving to give teammates a good option and getting into the box.

One thing I would say is that he's far from physically developed at this stage, he's got natural balance which helps him get through bigger opponents but you just can't tell how he'll develop at this stage. He could still go all Adam Pepper on us.

Well you say that, but I reckon it's only a matter of time before Pepper starts tearing up the Conference north with Stalybridge Celtic.

I really should be avoiding this OTT premature sort of shite, but I honestly think if he avoids injuries, keeps his head screwed on and keeps progressing, he'll be playing for the 1st team by the time he is 17.

A tremendous talent and, although I don't mean it to sound like a criticism of them, he has a playing style that is possibly more suited to the English game than the likes of Suso, Teixeira, Nacho and Pacheco.

I've been stung a few times singing the praises of lads who didn't quite make it but and share your precaution with burdening them with the sort of premature expectation that Sterling has had to deal with.

LFCTV live coverage is great for us being able to watch their progress but not so sure if it's to their benefit.

Having said that I do think Rossiter's influence over the midfield is far greater than could be expected of someone his age.

I agree he has the qualities suited to the english whereas the likes of the lads you mentioned above have to adapt to it. I thought there were a few signs that was happening in the last game I watched as it looked like Texeira and Nacho had added a bit of bite to their undoubted technique.