You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm not a golfer but as I understand,that's the rules.Deal with it.Anyone else would have been DQd

I don't think you ever drop it into where you hit it.

You usually drop it behind the line, which he did.

The problem from what I understand is he was slightly wide and nit directly behind it.

I have watched it on the bbc and it looks very harsh.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with a day left who is going to win it? Also with you getting paid out on 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th who is the best to back at e/w.

Woods 4/1,Day 5/1,Snedecker rose and mcilroy 10/1

Westwood and Scott 12/1,Furyk 16/1,Couples Carbera and Johnson 20/1

Choi and Leishman and Dufner 25/1 Garcia and Donald 33/1

The rest 33/1 and over.

I don't think you ever drop it into where you hit it.

You usually drop it behind the line, which he did.

The problem from what I understand is he was slightly wide and nit directly behind it.

I have watched it on the bbc and it looks very harsh.

By his own admission he dropped it a couple of yards further back to help get the distance on the next shot. Given he knocked the next one stiff he gained an advantage from breaking the rule. He should have been DQ and I bet had it been anyone else that is what would have happened . Faldo said on the golf channel he should have walked despite the generous ruling.

By his own admission he dropped it a couple of yards further back to help get the distance on the next shot. Given he knocked the next one stiff he gained an advantage from breaking the rule. He should have been DQ and I bet had it been anyone else that is what would have happened . Faldo said on the golf channel he should have walked despite the generous ruling.

I thought you were allowed to drop it back behind your line?

The problem was he dropped it to the side as well wasn't it?

So with a day left who is going to win it? Also with you getting paid out on 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th who is the best to back at e/w.

Woods 4/1,Day 5/1,Snedecker rose and mcilroy 10/1

Westwood and Scott 12/1,Furyk 16/1,Couples Carbera and Johnson 20/1

Choi and Leishman and Dufner 25/1 Garcia and Donald 33/1

The rest 33/1 and over.

Dunno but I'd definitely fuck Tiger off.

Tiger should have been dq'd for signing for the wrong score but he was also supposed to drop the ball on a line between tee and green but he didnt,he dropped it on the line of the shot when it spun back from the flag. This is wrong too.

But dq is at the discretion of the committee which means anybody else would be kicked out but Tiger wasnt.

Last day should be quality.

All of my bets still have a chance.

Got £10 on Snedeker to win at 25/1

Westwood £10 e/w at 30/1

Furyk £5 e/w at 20/1

All of this obviously means Snedeker will finish 2nd and Westwood and Furyk will finish 6th at best. Obviously. My luck lately has been disgraceful. I see no reason for it to end today. Fuck off life

I put a few E/W bets on before it started

Jason Day @ 55-1

Snedeker @ 35-1

I also had Dustin Johnson & he was flying at -7 until the last 4 holes of the 2nd round, the twat.

Half way thru the 1st round I got Scott & Kuchar @16-1. Never really won on a golf bet before but doing great in this so far. I bet Tiger fuckin wins it now.

You can drop the ball as far back as you want to if it goes in the water.

And this stuff about him signing the incorrect scorecard is bollocks, he signed the correct scorecard as he did not know he would get a penalty later on.

And this stuff about him signing the incorrect scorecard is bollocks, he signed the correct scorecard as he did not know he would get a penalty later on.

Exactly.

I think Woods made a genuine mistake. He assumed after taking the drop he could take the drop and improve his lie as opposed to dropping it near the spot he originally hit from.

After a viewer phoned in they had a look at it and obviously though he had dropped it it 'close enough', it wasn't till he admitted improving his lie (moving it two yards further away) that they reversed the decision. Apparently there is a local Augusta rule that allows them some leeway in such an instance, hence the fact he wasn't DQ'd for signing an incorrect scorecard. That and the fact they had already looked at it before he signed the card.

Correct decision in my eyes, a genuine mistake punished by two shots but still in the tournament. The fact it was Tiger def had some bearing on the committees decision, not his fault though.

I think Woods made a genuine mistake. He assumed after taking the drop he could take the drop and improve his lie as opposed to dropping it near the spot he originally hit from.

After a viewer phoned in they had a look at it and obviously though he had dropped it it 'close enough', it wasn't till he admitted improving his lie (moving it two yards further away) that they reversed the decision. Apparently there is a local Augusta rule that allows them some leeway in such an instance, hence the fact he wasn't DQ'd for signing an incorrect scorecard. That and the fact they had already looked at it before he signed the card.

Correct decision in my eyes, a genuine mistake punished by two shots but still in the tournament. The fact it was Tiger def had some bearing on the committees decision, not his fault though.

Pretty much my view

And this stuff about him signing the incorrect scorecard is bollocks' date=' he signed the correct scorecard as he did not know he would get a penalty later on.[/quote']

So thats signing an incorrect scorecard.

He signed for one less than he scored, incorrect so a disqualification.

Mark Roe and maybe Parnevik did it in the Open in the early 2000s and were disqualified.

You can drop the ball back as far as you want as long as its on a straight line between the tee and flag.

If he did this then that was fine but an incorrect scorecard is a dq and it doesnt matter if you dont know the rules, ignorance is no defence.