You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skrtel injured

Dracco

‘We have (spoken) but it is not ideal,’ Skrtel told Denik Sport, when asked if he had received an explanation for being out of the team. ‘He (Rodgers) told me something on this, gave me some explanation, but it’s hard to tell if it was the true reason he gave me.

‘I don’t think it was and think there is something else behind it. Anyway, I’m not the type of player who would be chasing the coach and be in his office all the time, asking for explanations why I’m not playing. I have never done this, I’m not doing it now and I never will be. I would rather make a cold-blooded decision to discuss this with the media and cause a minor shitstorm at the office, while at the same time issuing what I believe is called a 'come and get me' plea to other clubs across Europe, who will now know they can get me for a few million less than they may have thought'.

is this the English translation?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defence has generally prospered when we've asked our defenders to focus primarily on defending and keeping things simple in open play. We currently put far too much emphasis on playing out and around at the back.

This may actually come from not really having a direct option and why i'd be keen on a Michu/Dzeko/Klose type of player to be signed.

For me Rodgers weakness is asking more of players than they are actually capable of and being far too keen on only one way of playing.

This is brilliant when it works but its responsible for a lot of our inconsistency too.

Why are we so quick to forget just how good Skrtel can be. He was immense last season in both boxes and he's been decent this year too adapting to a new style, would be very sorry to see him leave and don't think there's many CBs around better who we could get for a reasonable price. Think how much Chelsea paid for Cahill man city for boateng l, lescott and K. Toure.

Why are we so quick to forget just how good Skrtel can be. He was immense last season in both boxes and he's been decent this year too adapting to a new style, would be very sorry to see him leave and don't think there's many CBs around better who we could get for a reasonable price. Think how much Chelsea paid for Cahill man city for boateng l, lescott and K. Toure.

He's maddeningly inconsistent though. I think we need someone who performs week in, week out without the constant worry that he's going to do something crazy which costs us the game.

He's maddeningly inconsistent though. I think we need someone who performs week in, week out without the constant worry that he's going to do something crazy which costs us the game.

I don't think you're bring fair to him. He was consistently boss last season and prior his knee injury in 08. He's no more inconsistent that agger. He had that howler vs city at anfield, west ham away and Oldham in the cup where I think you could say he was poor.