You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Spot on. I take my hat off to those who can be bothered to hand Drone72 his arse. Because I sure as hell can't.

I like to highlight his hypocrisies because it winds him up.

I know what you mean though. 90% of the time I think like you. If everyone just ignored him he would fuck off but there is always one person giving him the time of day. I'm no different!

Skrtel really is turning into a bit of a scapegoat.

Agger has been no better than him this season. Both have been just as bad as each other.

Both should be sold though if the calibre of replacement we're after is Williams or similar we may as well keep them. There's is no point downgrading and paying for the privilege.

The jury is still out on Sturridge. Started with a hiss and a roar, just like Sterling, but lately he's disappointed.

He's had two poor games after coming back from an injury, the second of which was arguably the worst team performance of the season. The jury is still out to some extent but it's harsh to say he's "disappointed lately"

You seemed quite happy with Kenny in charge. What did you make of him only being able to attract shite midtable players?

Rodgers last two signings came from Inter Milan and Chelsea and both have had quite good starts. Apart from Suarez, Kenny signed Andy Carroll from Newcastle, Stewart Downing from Villa, Jordan Henderson from Sunderland, Charlie Adam from Blackpool, Seb Coates from Nacional and Jose Enrique from Newcastle and you were absolutely overjoyed with his time as manager. These players have either already been fucked off by the club and are not pulling up any trees where they have gone or are work in progress and unfortunately are all an equal part to Rodgers as to the reason why the club is in its current position.

You are another one of these wankers who likes to move the goal posts to fit your agenda. I have no doubt you will completely ignore everything above because you don't like being pulled on the shite that you write.

Rodgers is not completely responsible for where we are in the table and what we have achieved this season. Just the same as Kenny wasn't completely responsible for what happened to the club under his short stint. At the end of the day Rodgers is by and large picking the best team based on a combination of form and ability nearly every game he and any replacement that any one else wants will only be able to do the same thing.

You get people saying the only reason we are in the position we are is because of Suarez and he isn't down to Rodgers yet the same people ignore the other players who aren't anything to do with Rodgers who have hampered the team and results.

Rodgers is doing the best with what he has got and he isn't doing a bad job. Getting rid of him just starts another cycle which no doubt wankers like you will be whinging to get rid of that manager 6 months down the line after changing the parameters again to fit whatever new agenda you have come up with.

Just like any other manager managing Liverpool he is going to need time, especially because his ideas and style of play is very individual and nothing like the majority of players are used to. We have seen the positives and negatives from what it has to offer and unless you are a fucking stupid blind cunt then you should be able to see that if we can lessen the negatives next season we have a very good chance of breaking the top four and attracting those players that Rodgers and Dalglish couldn't because we weren't and aren't a champions league club.

Good post, Guest, though I think much of what you've written will be lost on large sections of a fanbase who think a mediocre team can be automatically improved by Rodgers or whoever else in charge pressing F5 a few times on his Melwood computer.

I like to highlight his hypocrisies because it winds him up.

I know what you mean though. 90% of the time I think like you. If everyone just ignored him he would fuck off but there is always one person giving him the time of day. I'm no different!

You are excused guest, I almost feel sorry being a bit harsh on you know I found your picture on facebook.

stupid%20clown%202-thumb.jpg

Martin Skrtel will go for £10-15m - he is an international player and still highly rated - I hate the way everyone we sell is valued for a pittance, and everyone we are buying is overpriced - and this is from our own fans half the time!

Chris Samba went for £14m! Circumstances may have dictated the fee, but he would have gone for £10m regardless of QPR's desperation.

Good post, Guest, though I think much of what you've written will be lost on large sections of a fanbase who think a mediocre team can be automatically improved by Rodgers or whoever else in charge pressing F5 a few times on his Melwood computer.

We do live in the age of the quick fix. Regardless of what other fans may say about us now, we were different a while back. We did give managers time and not just by not booing the team etc. The large portion of the fanbase you spoke to would all be in a vague agreement that a manager cannot just come in and suddenly fix everything long term over night. They would need to sign their own style of players and coach the current players in the new manner they bring to the club.

Defensively we were a mess in the 90's. Ged came in and sorted that out. Again it wasn't overnight but over time he made us hard to beat because it was so hard to score against us. It mean that we became less of a threat going forward and in the end we became so blunt we couldn't win enough games. Rafa followed and had a similar outlook to Ged but just signed better players. He had a bit more balls then Ged and would at least not play 4 centre halves and 4 centre mids every game. It still led to the same problem though.

The process we are going through now is similar to 90s, except that it's the opposite. We are going from a defensive side to an attacking one rather than the other way around. We have done it over the course of 3 new managers with various players signed by different managers and somehow people are shocked by the inconsistency of the team.

If we aren't consistent off the field how can we expect to be consistent on it?

I'm not saying it is always the answer to stick with the manager for a certain period of time but we have now had 3 managers in a very short space of time. Even if Rodgers was doing worse than he is now results wise I would still have the opinion he needs another season and maybe longer. The reason for that I thought should be obvious to everyone. He quite clearly has an idea and an approach. Regardless of all the shit that has gone on. The poor players signed, the lack of money to spend, the negative ingrained tactics in the long standing players, the poor form of our goalie, the return from long term injury of our legend and the lack of centre forwards.

He has got the team on the same page. He has a plan. We have been attempting take the game to every single side we come up against. We haven't sat back and played on luck. Due to this being a new thing for the players and the club you might expect a lot of terrible performances against the big boys. More often than not though performance wise we have come out on top. For me this means that Rodgers isn't the problem, he's part of the solution.

You are excused guest, I almost feel sorry being a bit harsh on you know I found your picture on facebook.

stupid%20clown%202-thumb.jpg

You are so unfunny it's painful. Do you honestly think this even raised a smirk from anyone on here? Is this the standard of humour in Norway?

Is there nothing in any of my posts you could have made a witty response to?

You make things so easy sometimes. You post a picture trying to be funny, leaving yourself open for absolute classics like this to get reposted

Konfirmasjon.jpg

You see that isn't really a picture of me but this really is a picture of you. When you say in PM's I would be terrified to say any of this to you in real life I honestly don't think I would. You look like an absolute gimp, even in your early years.

The process we are going through now is similar to 90s, except that it's the opposite. We are going from a defensive side to an attacking one rather than the other way around. We have done it over the course of 3 new managers with various players signed by different managers and somehow people are shocked by the inconsistency of the team.

The encouraging thing for me at the moment is that we look like we can score against any side. Of course, the problem is that any side in the top few divisions would probably fancy their chances of scoring against us too.

I think we'll always concede more goals under Rodgers than we did under Houllier and Benitez, but that need not necessarily be too damning if we cut out the inexcusable defensive lapses and continue improving at the other end. Three points is three points, clean sheet or not. In monetary terms, the defensive side can be addressed a lot more cheaply than the attacking side, with the huge assumption that the right players are brought in.

Same as yourself, I see a plan there and have faith that we'll improve further again next season.

Konfirmasjon.jpg

You see that isn't really a picture of me but this really is a picture of you. When you say in PM's I would be terrified to say any of this to you in real life I honestly don't think I would. You look like an absolute gimp, even in your early years.

So Code is actually David Cassidy?

david_cassidy.jpg

i personally hope skrtel and agger stay and we sign just a replacement for carra. De Vriej although apprently we have backed off... fuck knows why - he is boss.

a defensive midfielder is needed as a foil for lucas

fuck downing off and replace him

and another striker.

if we are shrew with them 4 we could seriously mount a challenge for honours next season as we have some fucking boss players who will be better next season.

You are so unfunny it's painful. Do you honestly think this even raised a smirk from anyone on here? Is this the standard of humour in Norway?

Is there nothing in any of my posts you could have made a witty response to?

You make things so easy sometimes. You post a picture trying to be funny, leaving yourself open for absolute classics like this to get reposted

Konfirmasjon.jpg

He looks like a cunt, acts like a cunt and is basically a cunt, the cunt.