You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

No the "best" player was replaced by someone better in Suarez! The Carrol argument is now like the tories and labour left us in this mess argument...

No it isn't - we definately spent £35m on a player currently playing for West Ham! Ignore it all you want, but we wasted £35m.

Look at what Spurs have done after selling Berbatov and Modric - and look at what have done after selling Torres.

Pointing to Suarez is a stupid argument, if we had of gotten two players of his calibre we wouldn't be in this fucking mess now would we?

So anyway, Wanyama being linked in the paper talk. 10 million.

Lot of money and a gamble but could be a Dembele type player for us. Probably not as silky on the ball as Dembele but a really forceful presence.

At this stage I think we need to shore up that massive gap in the middle of the field almost as top priority.

I agreep. Players such as Wanyama and Capoue (who I rate as a much better player than Sissoko or M'Vila) are just what Liverpool need (and both of them can play in defence as well), alongside at quality defender.

There's been talk of signing 2-3 defenders (and 3-4 in total), but I'd prefer something like Wanyama, Capoue and Dede/Douglas/other (I admit I haven't seen too much of Dede or Douglas, so they are more an indication of the type of player (big, strong, athletic) I'd like than actual suggestions)...

Add a quality winger, and the side would look very strong again.

I'd be amazed if we went near Ben Arfa due to his injury problems exciting player when fit but fitness seems a big problem.

Which is why I can see this 'solution' to a problem! I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, and much rather someone bought Ben Arfur and they spent the money on Caroll.

I'd be amazed if we went near Ben Arfa due to his injury problems exciting player when fit but fitness seems a big problem.

He's had two seasons (10/11 and 12/13) ruined by injury problems. First due to a broken leg, and then due to serious hamstring injury. Two serious injuries, of course, but he got over the first one and it is not a recurring problem. How he'll be affected by the second one is hard to say, but I think he would be worth the risk in a swap for Carroll.

What's the alternative? I don't think there are many potential buyers for Carroll, unless the fee is well below £10 million or so.

So anyway, Wanyama being linked in the paper talk. 10 million.

Lot of money and a gamble but could be a Dembele type player for us. Probably not as silky on the ball as Dembele but a really forceful presence.

At this stage I think we need to shore up that massive gap in the middle of the field almost as top priority.

he is decent on the ball mate, actually quite skillful for a big lad. i really hope we sign him. he is only 21 as well....

him or a player of his mould is an absolute must IMO

You seemed quite happy with Kenny in charge. What did you make of him only being able to attract shite midtable players?

Rodgers last two signings came from Inter Milan and Chelsea and both have had quite good starts. Apart from Suarez, Kenny signed Andy Carroll from Newcastle, Stewart Downing from Villa, Jordan Henderson from Sunderland, Charlie Adam from Blackpool, Seb Coates from Nacional and Jose Enrique from Newcastle and you were absolutely overjoyed with his time as manager. These players have either already been fucked off by the club and are not pulling up any trees where they have gone or are work in progress and unfortunately are all an equal part to Rodgers as to the reason why the club is in its current position.

You are another one of these wankers who likes to move the goal posts to fit your agenda. I have no doubt you will completely ignore everything above because you don't like being pulled on the shite that you write.

Rodgers is not completely responsible for where we are in the table and what we have achieved this season. Just the same as Kenny wasn't completely responsible for what happened to the club under his short stint. At the end of the day Rodgers is by and large picking the best team based on a combination of form and ability nearly every game he and any replacement that any one else wants will only be able to do the same thing.

You get people saying the only reason we are in the position we are is because of Suarez and he isn't down to Rodgers yet the same people ignore the other players who aren't anything to do with Rodgers who have hampered the team and results.

Rodgers is doing the best with what he has got and he isn't doing a bad job. Getting rid of him just starts another cycle which no doubt wankers like you will be whinging to get rid of that manager 6 months down the line after changing the parameters again to fit whatever new agenda you have come up with.

Just like any other manager managing Liverpool he is going to need time, especially because his ideas and style of play is very individual and nothing like the majority of players are used to. We have seen the positives and negatives from what it has to offer and unless you are a fucking stupid blind cunt then you should be able to see that if we can lessen the negatives next season we have a very good chance of breaking the top four and attracting those players that Rodgers and Dalglish couldn't because we weren't and aren't a champions league club.

Spot on. I take my hat off to those who can be bothered to hand Drone72 his arse. Because I sure as hell can't.

We may also have to settle for a swap of Caroll and Ben Arfur, I think Newcastle will want him but won't want to pay, and will want rid of Ben Arfur - but there won't be many takers for him.

I hope we dont bother with Ben Arfa, Harry Kewell mk2, is he even that good consistantly? there has to be better options than him.

We should offer Carroll for Begovic, Carroll is Pulis's wet dream plus they are resigned to losing Begovic so we should at least chance our arm, nothing to lose by asking, pretty fair swap i reckon.

Then the Reina money can get spent elsewhere.

Are you for real. The loss we'd take on Carroll would ruin any credibility we have left. I'd rather we took him back and adapted him to the system.

This raises several questions. The first one is:

Do you think Andy Carroll has what it takes to play for Liverpool?

This raises several questions. The first one is:

Do you think Andy Carroll has what it takes to play for Liverpool?

To be honest I don't know. Was what he showed when with Newcastle just really good form, or proper talent?

What I am sure of is that Rodgers never gave him the chance to adapt to the system. Was it because he didn't like what he saw?

Hardly, the boy was on holiday when he took over and by the time he got back Rodgers had already made up his mind. Was it FSG wanting to be rid of any reminder of such a poor buy? Possibly but they wouldn't know a good buy if it bent them over a snooker table and played Pot Black with their arse hole. Someone's had a word in their ear, but where was this person when the deal was being made? Sorry gone all conspiracy theory now, apologies.

Carroll, I think needs a team set up a certain way to get the best out of him and Rodgers didn't want to play that way and/or didn't think a 21 (at the time) yr old could adapt.

To be honest I don't know. Was what he showed when with Newcastle just really good form, or proper talent?

What I am sure of is that Rodgers never gave him the chance to adapt to the system. Was it because he didn't like what he saw?

Hardly, the boy was on holiday when he took over and by the time he got back Rodgers had already made up his mind. Was it FSG wanting to be rid of any reminder of such a poor buy? Possibly but they wouldn't know a good buy if it bent them over a snooker table and played Pot Black with their arse hole. Someone's had a word in their ear, but where was this person when the deal was being made? Sorry gone all conspiracy theory now, apologies.

Carroll, I think needs a team set up a certain way to get the best out of him and Rodgers didn't want to play that way and/or didn't think a 21 (at the time) yr old could adapt.

Agreed. I think Carroll could be a real beast in a team that's set up to get the best out of him but he could never work in a free flowing, fast paced attack. Hence why Rodgers doesn't want him.

Everyone gets it wrong in the transfer window' date=' his last two additions have proved that he can buy well.[/quote']

The jury is still out on Sturridge. Started with a hiss and a roar, just like Sterling, but lately he's disappointed.

Carroll, I think needs a team set up a certain way to get the best out of him

Agreed. I think Carroll could be a real beast in a team that's set up to get the best out of him

It has never happened - he can be ok in a team that is set up to play around him. Nolan was what made it tick at Newcastle - he outscored Carroll even in Andy's pomp. No one has made it work set up for Carroll.

The jury is still out on Sturridge. Started with a hiss and a roar, just like Sterling, but lately he's disappointed.

He hasn't been great last two games but he admitted himself he wasn't feeling as sharp, probably his thigh is still playing up, the jury is out on him yeah but I think he's done well so far and he will get better once he gets more games under his belt.

Is this Andy Carroll chap any good then? The express saying we're buying him.

Liverpool growing increasingly impatient with Martin Skrtel | Football | Sport | Daily Express

The Liverpool Echo suggests the club may have to shift three defenders in order to facilitate the purchase of Ashley Williams.

They also note that they could use their £20m transfer kitty to buy Andy Carroll.

Skrtel has scored twice in the Premier League this term.

Skrtel really is turning into a bit of a scapegoat.

Agger has been no better than him this season. Both have been just as bad as each other.