You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Downing reborn?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Downing reborn?

• Yes, he has improve and we need to keep him.
    • No, he is still an average player and we can find better.
    • We need to evaluate him at the end of the season and take it from there.

Too little, too late for me.

Producing a good cross once every 3 games isn't sufficient enough. He was tripe against West Brom when we needed a senior player to do something a week ago, suddenly a decent cross against Swansea's reserves and all is forgiven. Not on my watch.

Sorry, it might sound harsh but i've watched 18 months of wretched performances. My opinion was made up a long time ago.

Get rid now, if not sooner.

I don't really put him in any of the categories in the poll, he has improved a lot (or not really improved as he has always been a reasonably talented player but grown a pair of bollocks and will attempt to be productive now) recently but we can still do much better but if he carries on like he has recently I don't mind keeping him as a squad plaer

He's fucking shit, a shit house of the worst order. How he had the gall to be interviewed after the game on Sunday is beyond me.

In the last few weeks he's been marginally less wank that usual.

Can't wait for The Bitch to see this, ask him his thoughts on Ravi Bopara for the full effect.

Guest San Don

He's fucking poor. He still wont take a man on despite this 'new found' form and he doesnt score any either.

He;s got fucking tons to do before he'll be a Liverpool player.

He was tripe against West Brom when we needed a senior player to do something a week ago' date=' suddenly a decent cross against Swansea's reserves and all is forgiven. Not on my watch.[/quote']

He was our best player against West Brom. However, I don't really care if we sell him. I don't hate him as he is showing a good form, but I prefer my wingers to be lightning.

I want to be positive about him. I really do. But he's made me so angry over the course of his career here so far, that the damage is irreparable.

When the goin' get's tough, the cowards go hidin'.

Your last line there says it all for me.

If Downing would restructure his contract so it reflects the fact that he only shows up to play against teams he perceives as "lesser" whilst he goes hiding against the "bigger" teams and really any team capable of putting up a fight then I'd be up for keeping him around.

He won't though, so I voted to get rid.

He was our best player against West Brom. However, I don't really care if we sell him. I don't hate him as he is showing a good form, but I prefer my wingers to be lightning.

He was our best player when we didn't score and we lost at home to shite?

Excellent.

Exactly the type of attacker we need.

Suarez and Gerrard were allowed to have a bad day considering the way they've been playing recently. We needed another player to step up - and this was his chance. Yet he blew it. Still he was our best player i suppose.

Though if had started his Liverpool career the way he has been playing now people would have been more than pleased with him.

He did start his Liverpool career like that though. Go and dig out the old Downing thread, people were well pleased with him in the beginning. It was later on, when he and the team were playing badly, that the hate campaign really built up against him.

He's Evans-era style average. He'll occasionally look good when he plays to his maximum but he won't be able to keep it up and will then stink the place out. That's the problem when you have too many players like that in your squad, you can't build consistency because average players can't be consistent.

Lets see how the fans see his performances shall we?

He's our 13th best player this season. Which i reckon is probably about right. Seeing as he is an attacker, and he contributes virtually fuck all to the attack.

1. Suarez.......................8 MOM........3 2nd.......3 3rd...........52

2. Enrique......................3 MOM........3 2nd........1 3rd...........25

3. Sterling......................3 MOM.......3 2nd........1 3rd...........25

4. Gerrard......................2 MOM.......4 2nd.........3 3rd...........25

5. Johnson.....................2 MOM.......4 2nd.........1 3rd...........23

6. Allen..........................3 MOM.......1 2nd........4 3rd...........22

7. Shelvey.....................1 MOM.......3 2nd.........3 3rd...........17

8. Skrtel.........................1 MOM.......3 2nd..........2 3rd..........16

9. Jones.........................2 MOM........2 3rd.........4 CS...........14

10.Agger........................1 MOM........1 2nd........4 3rd............12

11.Reina........................1 MOM........2 3rd.........10 CS...........12

12.Henderson.................3 2nd.........2 3rd.............................11

13.Downing.....................2 MOM.......1 3rd.............................11

14.Lucas........................1 MOM........1 2nd.......1 3rd.............9

15.Sturridge....................1 MOM........1 2nd.........................8

This should put an end to this perceived 'witch hunt' which some people think is in operation against Mr Downing. This man of the match game is voted for by supporters of LFC across numerous fan sites.