You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

hahaha right. Nike know exactly nothing.

He isn't going anywhere in January.

In January, he's going nowhere.

Nowhere he goes, in January.

Cometh January, he goes noweth where.

In Winter, at LFC he stays.

How else can I write it?

Seriously - we have no plans to sell. There are no secret talks. Obviously if Barca offer 150 million with no shit conditions then he'll be off, possibly. But that isn't going to happen.

And reading into a Nike website? C'mon. Be real.

How do you know this? Ah hang on does the M B stand for Marc Bartra??

There's an article in the Sydney Morning Herald on it.

https://twitter.com/smh/status/947346673004630016

OR

www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/has-nike-leaked-philippe-coutinhos-move-from-liverpool-to-barcelona-20171231-h0bq1i.html

Fuck Barca and Fuck Nike too.

The entitled cunts.

We shouldn't sell.

But if we've decided to sell, then we should wait till after the World Cup. His price will surely go up.

Liverpool are understood to be less than impressed after kit manufacturer Nike advertised Philippe Coutinho as a Barcelona player on their website.

Nike’s website updated overnight with a heading of “Where the magic happens” alongside text claiming “Philippe Coutinho is ready to light up Camp Nou” and a link to “Shop Coutinho’s look.”

The page appeared on multiple different language versions of their website, including English, German, Spanish and Portuguese.

However, clicking on the link reverted to a dead link, while the article was very quickly removed.

The copy, while very clearly a mistake, will not go down well at Liverpool, with the club having rejected three bids from Barcelona for the player over the summer.

Sunday’s newspapers suggest Barcelona will launch a fresh £130million offer for the player when the transfer window opens this coming week, amid claims the Brazilian still wants to make the switch to the Nou Camp.

But Liverpool have made their intentions over Coutinho clear on several occasions and this latest incident is sure to further their resolve to keep hold of their playmaker.

Not sure PSG could afford him

They have to pay Monaco for Mbappe in the summer. He is only on loan at the moment and they have to pay 145ml euros for him this summer and need to sell to do that. Not sure how they can afford another 120ml plus on one player. Unless we got players back in some deal

Just like in the summer, there seems a degree of over confidence from this Barca board, and that's being taken as evidence it's imminent from their end. Remember when the buzz was that Coutinho was going to be announced? Something's definitely happening. Then... nothing.

I'm normally more cynical, but in this instance I think Nike are just getting their ducks in a row; like when someone makes a TV programme about an elderly celebrity who may be on their last legs, just in case they snuff it sharpish, but in this case the YTS boy working over Chrimbo hit publish.

Agree. I think it is all part of the pressure Barcelona want to create to force us to do business. Remember the claim that they were in for van Dijk just to frustrate us. They can sling their hook. Liverpool need to start complaining to UEFA & FIFA about this as it is really silly now. I am convinced he will go in the summer and I hope we rinse them on the fee if he does.

Need coutinho to come out and say that then.

Post match interview, looks straight into the camera and completely deadpan says, "I'm not going anywhere in January, I'm assessing my options in the summer"

Otherwise this shit is getting dragged out to death, rumours, speculation, click bait, he said, she said, random mistranslated quotes from Phils grandad saying it's a done deal.

Can't be arsed with any of it.

It's not for the player to say anything because it's not his decision. He wants to go and will go as soon as Barcelona have an offer accepted whenever that might be. In the meantime his agent will use the media to stir the pot and clickbait media will fuel the fire.

Barcelona are working with his agent to get him on the cheap by making offers with ridiculous conditions that will never be met. I fully expect another series of bids in January that they know won't be accepted particularly as they are hoping to aquire Griezmann in the same window, but they do need to placate their fans. Coutinho's back problem might well return too, but hopefully he'll sit tight and wait for the summer.

We don't need to sell nor are we in a mood for selling (now). It makes no sense to sell in January unless we receive an offer we can't refuse, but we won't because Barcelona are being cunts. Until they do get serious then he'll remain a Liverpool player and we'll have to ride the fake news wave.

My guess is that he will leave in the summer for 130 million+. Knowing Barcelona that will be on deadline day unless PSG get involved.

What annoys me is we haven't reported them, but I guess you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Liverpool are understood to be less than impressed after kit manufacturer Nike advertised Philippe Coutinho as a Barcelona player on their website.

Nike’s website updated overnight with a heading of “Where the magic happens” alongside text claiming “Philippe Coutinho is ready to light up Camp Nou” and a link to “Shop Coutinho’s look.”

The page appeared on multiple different language versions of their website, including English, German, Spanish and Portuguese.

However, clicking on the link reverted to a dead link, while the article was very quickly removed.

The copy, while very clearly a mistake, will not go down well at Liverpool, with the club having rejected three bids from Barcelona for the player over the summer.

Sunday’s newspapers suggest Barcelona will launch a fresh £130million offer for the player when the transfer window opens this coming week, amid claims the Brazilian still wants to make the switch to the Nou Camp.

But Liverpool have made their intentions over Coutinho clear on several occasions and this latest incident is sure to further their resolve to keep hold of their playmaker.

Here’s the ad.

Pretty poor from them.

29173fa5-5077-4e3b-ab7otx.jpeg

Isn’t this the same kind of situation as when we announced Clint Dempsey on our website? I’m looking forward to Barcelona’s letter of apology.

We didn't put it on our website. FSG's sports news network NESN posted a story on their website before retracting it. Still it was idiotic, not least because the player was far from suited to how we play.

its about time we either report them or refuse to deal with the current board of Barcelona if we went after 1 of there players in this manner you can bet your arse that  we would be up infront of FIFA/UEFA  by now with a ban slapped on us !! 

Id tell Coutinho suck it up buttercup we are not selling you to Barcelona until such time they stop the blatant fucking tapping up and again remind him of his contract obligations 

• Upvote 2

£170m in the summer please you arrogant bastards.

round it up to 200m no addons and all up front when they bitch about the price  inform them it was 130m but we have added  10m for everytime 1 of there players/sponsors have mentioned him in the last 2 weeks !! 

• Upvote 1