You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

How the fuck is what he said sexist?

I haven't seen the clip, I've only read the text. But to me, it was the epitome of equality. He told her that she'd get a smack if she acted the cunt again, even if she is a woman. ie. I'd smack a male journalist, and I'd smack you.

People just can't wait to be offended these days.

• Upvote 1

Well, it's kind of unprofessional to threaten to smack journalists whatever sex they are. Not that he was serious or anything and the bandwagon jumping is embarrassing, dare say Evertonian like. Hopefully he ends up at Celtic and let's Rangers win the league for the first time in years.

Dinosaur, "PC gone mad", "it was just a bit of banter" stuff, some of this.

The message was clear for all to see. Nobody is suggesting he would have actually given her a clip, but he's clearly letting her know her place and how to behave next time.

He's not had to make a chastened public apology about it because people on a forum have picked up on what a snidey thing it was to do.

He's had to do so because it's 2017 and that sort of outmoded bollocks doesn't fly anymore, journalist or not.

• Upvote 3

Yeah the media are overreacting here.

Lets put it like this, if he said that to your girlfriend, wife, mother or daughter would you let him away with it? 

No way he says that to a male journalist either.

With that tone I would. He's clearly joking. Don't like the guy but in text it sounds sinister the tone of it sounds like 2 people joking and I don't see any undercurrent of menace.

The message was clear for all to see. Nobody is suggesting he would have actually given her a clip, but he's clearly letting her know her place and how to behave next time.

He's not had to make a chastened public apology about it because people on a forum have picked up on what a snidey thing it was to do.

He's had to do so because it's 2017 and that sort of outmoded bollocks doesn't fly anymore, journalist or not.

100% correct. 

Well, it's kind of unprofessional to threaten to smack journalists whatever sex they are. Not that he was serious or anything and the bandwagon jumping is embarrassing, dare say Evertonian like. Hopefully he ends up at Celtic and let's Rangers win the league for the first time in years.

Cruising for a bruising you pal

With that tone I would. He's clearly joking. Don't like the guy but in text it sounds sinister the tone of it sounds like 2 people joking and I don't see any undercurrent of menace.

Yep I heard the report and thought 'wtf he can't do that' but I've just seen the clip. It was said in jest and off camera they were both laughing.

Have you actually seen the clip though? He's a twat and I don't like him but in context I really wouldn't have been offended. She didn't make any complaint.

• Upvote 1

I've said much worse to male and female colleagues at work in a light humoured sense.

It also highlights the dumb fucking questions that managers have to put up with after games from interviewers designed in a way to invoke a reaction.

You can understand why they fly off the handle sometimes.

A prime example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LlwzIFhkA

I cringe so much at Geoff Shreeves interviews, he has to be the worse post match interviewer. His first couple of questions there was actually quite sensible. Nowadays they are more of the style of that last one. Always trying to put words in managers mouths. Kenny was having none of it!

He is losing the plot and is a bad bell but he didn't do much wrong there. PC continues to go mad. Like last week when Ofcom received a few hundred complaints about a far willy on comic relief before the watershed. Who gives a fuck? And who gives a fuck enough to actually take the time to complain? Miserable cunts thats who. 

If he had said that to a fella no-one would give two shits. Thats sexism in itself. Same as that Eva bird on the Chelsea bench. Dragging maureen through the courts for pretty much saying the same to her as he did the other fella physio who barely batted an eyelid. 

I had a run in with a bird who got a job managing a sales team alongside me. Walked past her one day giving one of the staff a full on blocking in-front of the whole team. The girl she was shouting at was nearly in tears. I didn't interrupt her but dropped her an email suggesting she does that away from everyone else next time she feels the need to bollock someone. Next thing she storms over to my desk and starts shouting at me telling me not to tell her how to manage her team. I took the discussion into one of the meeting rooms, shut the door and before she started shouting again I said in a slightly raised but still calm voice "Don't ever fucking speak to me like that in-front of my team again" then walked out and left her stood in the room. 

She only put in a full-on complaint to HR the next day and I got dragged into an investigation about it. Nearly lost my job because some jumped up fucker thinks she can throw her considerable weight around and is unable to take the slightest hint of it back. If it had been another fella it just wouldn't have happened like that. People who get offended by the slightest things are fucking cunts. 

• Upvote 2

He is losing the plot and is a bad bell but he didn't do much wrong there. PC continues to go mad. Like last week when Ofcom received a few hundred complaints about a far willy on comic relief before the watershed. Who gives a fuck? And who gives a fuck enough to actually take the time to complain? Miserable cunts thats who. 

If he had said that to a fella no-one would give two shits. Thats sexism in itself. Same as that Eva bird on the Chelsea bench. Dragging maureen through the courts for pretty much saying the same to her as he did the other fella physio who barely batted an eyelid. 

I had a run in with a bird who got a job managing a sales team alongside me. Walked past her one day giving one of the staff a full on blocking in-front of the whole team. The girl she was shouting at was nearly in tears. I didn't interrupt her but dropped her an email suggesting she does that away from everyone else next time she feels the need to bollock someone. Next thing she storms over to my desk and starts shouting at me telling me not to tell her how to manage her team. I took the discussion into one of the meeting rooms, shut the door and before she started shouting again I said in a slightly raised but still calm voice "Don't ever fucking speak to me like that in-front of my team again" then walked out and left her stood in the room. 

She only put in a full-on complaint to HR the next day and I got dragged into an investigation about it. Nearly lost my job because some jumped up fucker thinks she can throw her considerable weight around and is unable to take the slightest hint of it back. If it had been another fella it just wouldn't have happened like that. People who get offended by the slightest things are fucking cunts.

I'm offended.