You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don

He really needs to start scoring a bit more, he has 0 goals and 2 assists this season from I think 11 appearances. That dosnt warrant 50k a week. If he was smashing goals in left, right and center I would condone it. He will get to that level, he has all the tools to do so but at the minute he is not a 50k a week player

We certainly should not be held to ransom by a 17 year old. (Not for 1 minute do I actually think we are, and I think he will sign a new 5 or 6 year deal for considerably less than 50k) but we do need to keep our best players, which he has been one of our better players this season.

He needs to be smart here, He can see we are progressing into a very dangerous, potent attacking team that when it all comes together can beat any team. The 4-3-3 suits him as a player and he has a very, very good coach that can progress him into an absolute top player.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really needs to start scoring a bit more, he has 0 goals and 2 assists this season from I think 11 appearances. That dosnt warrant 50k a week. If he was smashing goals in left, right and center I would condone it. He will get to that level, he has all the tools to do so but at the minute he is not a 50k a week player

Someone should tell the Premier League he didn't score against Reading and give Reading a point.

He really needs to start scoring a bit more, he has 0 goals and 2 assists this season from I think 11 appearances. That dosnt warrant 50k a week. If he was smashing goals in left, right

Reading Football Club disagrees. I also think assists don’t really tell you anything, even for a winger. His movement and creating of space and awareness makes me think there is the possibility of something special. £50k is too much, but £30k in these modern times is probably about enough if we are to stave off interest from elsewhere (and no doubt his mother still in his ear telling him he should move back to London). Sadly because of timing and his age we are only offering him a proper contract now. If we only offering him £15k a week then other clubs will be all over him offering the £30k or more.

Ok 1 goal and 2 assists, hardly shaking the world is it?

If he was "shaking the world" his agent would be knocking on the door for 100k a week. As Johnny said I think he'll be signed for 30k a week and he's worth that especially if he continues his progress.

You either pay players market value or they piss off and get a bigger wage else where. I have no issue with talented players such as Sterling, Suso etc getting a good wage it's the jokes like Downing, Cole that I have issue with.

Ok 1 goal and 2 assists, hardly shaking the world is it?

Compared to Joe Cole it is !

I think some people should cut the kid some slack. He is in the team now on merit , ahead of the likes of Downing , and whether or not he would have got his chance at another premiership club is academic. Be amazed if his contract didn't get sorted out and he didnt stay with us . The goals will come I'm sure.

Compared to Joe Cole it is !

I think some people should cut the kid some slack. He is in the team now on merit , ahead of the likes of Downing , and whether or not he would have got his chance at another premiership club is academic. Be amazed if his contract didn't get sorted out and he didnt stay with us . The goals will come I'm sure.

Read my post above, I completely agree that he is in the team on merit. He should stay there but he should not earn 50k until he is at that level, which until he starts scoring and assisting alot more, as that is his main job - he should earn 25-30k. Joe Cole shouldnt be even at the club now, we shouldnt base what others earn on that window lickers salary

17 year old will earn more in a week than I earn in a year. Jesus

During 2004-2005 season in Spain, at the age of 17, Lionel Messi, scored 1 goal in 9 appearences for Barcelona. He wasn't shaking the world according to standards in this topic.Also, Barcelona should have made a bargain over 10-15k per week. How many years have we been looking for this type of player? I'd say over a decade.

Read my post above, I completely agree that he is in the team on merit. He should stay there but he should not earn 50k until he is at that level, which until he starts scoring and assisting alot more, as that is his main job he should earn 25-30k. Joe Cole shouldnt be even at the club now, we shouldnt base what others earn on that window lickers salary

No one is defending the levels of footballers wages however imagine the outcry if we dug in our heels he left for 50 k pw at Citeh or Spurs for example. I doubt it will come to that and some deal will be agreed where he will get up to that figure on an "escalator".

If Sterling was another clubs player and we had the opportunity to sign him on 50 k per week I doubt many would be saying no.

Cole should be paid up and fucked off .

He goes to City and earns the 50k he asks for and this place will go into meltdown. We'll receive a poultry sum of money with most saying we should have offered what he wanted in the first place.

Would much rather us pay him 50k and tie him to a long contract as it will cost us millions more to replace a player like him.

Read my post above, I completely agree that he is in the team on merit. He should stay there but he should not earn 50k until he is at that level, which until he starts scoring and assisting alot more, as that is his main job - he should earn 25-30k. Joe Cole shouldnt be even at the club now, we shouldnt base what others earn on that window lickers salary

And an arrogant prick of a centre half at Chelsea will earn in a week what I earn in 10 years. Boycott sky, boycott Anfield, lets get some common sense back!!!! Vive la revolution! I'm with ya Fidel! (Can we storm the PFAs office first? They get right on my tits!)