You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don

Guest San Don

They are suggesting Sterling will reject an improved contract offer from the club and that he wants 50k a week.

He supposedly has 18 months left on a contract currently paying 2k a week with appearance bonuses.

Course it could be wail shit or it could be the beginning of some long, hard negotiations.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

As a first teamer, starting regularly, with good prospects for the future, he deserves a decent wage. £50k, however, is a silly amount.

I've got a lot of reservations about players having twitter accounts, but this is one of the occasions when it's a great thing as he was able to just squash this report straight away. In the past he would have had to wait until a journo asked him about it before he could set the record straight.

They are suggesting Sterling will reject an improved contract offer from the club and that he wants 50k a week.

He supposedly has 18 months left on a contract currently paying 2k a week with appearance bonuses.

Its a fucked up world when I'm thinking that its derisory to be paying a 17 year old £2000 a week! But I knew that anyway

20k a week seems reasonable. Not 50k.

Why is 50k not reasonable? Is it because of his age? Because if that's the reason then it's bollocks.

He is first team player. You can't pay him less because he is young. Also football clubs will get sily money from the new TV deal from next summer, it's normal for footballers to ask more money.

Sean Wright Philips esque ... he will be a good squad player when we get some better players. Not buying into his hype at the moment. It's the same as Assaidi getting lauded as a world beater. We have been missing wide players who try to attack with a bit of pace for so many years that when they come along we start a wankathon over them.

Downing earns £60k a week which means Sterling should be on about £500k a week. Fuck it, I should be on £120k a week if that shit twat is on £60k a week.

Fucking Downing... Nope he gets bad Aids because he already has the shithouse variety.

Look what the cunt has done. Nobody winds me up as much as that cunt.

Stirling's agent, may be impatient and want to cash in prematurely.

If that's the case, he should tell him to fuck off.

When people on here were fretting about Suso being linked to Real, I was just thinking that, as talented as the lad is, he'd be a dickhead to do go there as he wouldn't get a sniff of their first team for a good three/ four years.

Same with Sterling if his agent were to try and talk him into a move to any other 'top' club.

Sadly, very, very few footballers have the intelligence to tell their agents to fuck all when they're talking to them with pound signs in their eyes.

If he knows what's good for him, he'll sign a contract.

Maybe his agent rung him up and said "erm yeah, about that story, I am actually asking for 50k a week so you might wanna get rid of that tweet!"

That is probably closer to the truth.

The new TV deal bites when his new contract is due, 30% wage inflation is expected.

Sterling is a player I love to watch. Sadly he is also one who will command the biggest profit if he were sold and will get generous wage terms elsewhere.

Fortunately we have Ian Ayre to handle this for us.