You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think people are taking the 'unacceptable' comment a little seriously. Like this forum - and many others - it's just a bunch of blokes sitting round talking about the game. It could be you and your mates at the pub. Ludicrous statements are the order of the day.

I don't really agree with that. It's a different form of discussion: in recording and proliferating the debate, you're making a statement that the views expressed are important and valuable. Why else would anyone listen to it?

I think that means a higher standard is expected. And since it's a form all about opinions, the views expressed are there to be shot at.

Don't get me wrong, I think that's a good thing. But I think placing it on the same level as a pub debate with friends is a bit simplistic and inaccurate.

I usually enjoy their podcast but the last one, the transfer committee one, was poor and seemed to display a lack of European Football knowledge.

Also, everybody seems to to like saying 'boss.'

Pretty much agree with this, I usual listen to them along with every other football podcast when I'm going for a run or in the truck and there usually quite decent, the transfer window one was very odd, they seemed to be just having a laugh as you would messing with your mates discussing targets etc, it was very poor slow week for news maybe :)

The lad who hosts it Harrington seems to know his stuff and is a decent host to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard this bandied about. If it were even remotely true then Rodgers would deserve the immediate sack. We had a chance to get something out of that game when he brought Smith on. If he felt that Smith was the player to bring on, fair enough. If he did it for any other reason than he put the team's prospects at stake to make a point - that would truly be unacceptable.

Has anybody you've heard throw it around, offered any evidence to back it up?

Some sound points on squad management in the last podcast/City talk. I've been saying that for weeks and it turned out just like I predicted it would. Players are knackered and we've picked up far more injuries than we had to. Some of them are knocks of course and those wouldn't have been avoided, but the fact that Rodgers doesn't use all substitutions when we're up by two or three goals is just poor planning ahead of the busy schedule and he should know better.

Some sound points on squad management in the last podcast/City talk. I've been saying that for weeks and it turned out just like I predicted it would. Players are knackered and we've picked up far more injuries than we had to. Some of them are knocks of course and those wouldn't have been avoided, but the fact that Rodgers doesn't use all substitutions when we're up by two or three goals is just poor planning ahead of the busy schedule and he should know better.

Flanagan and Allen haven't played many games, Gerrard wants to play every game, Sturridge wanted to play for England, Sakho played just one game in November, Enrique's been out since October - fatigue?

Has anybody you've heard throw it around, offered any evidence to back it up?

It's all based on the fact Rafa did it vs Hull with Robbo and in Bren's interview he made comments about dealing with what we've got . It's bullshit obviously and given that every second sound bite that comes out of our managers mouth mentions young boys running through barbed wire fences it's most likely the case he thought it would inject a bit of passion and energy.

It's a tall order to fill 90 minutes of a LFC podcast very week and not start spouting bollocks or going over old ground.

I think that the genus if the show, other than yo give a platform to some of them, was to have a show where football was discussed without the usual sensationalist bollocks and overly dramatic hyperbole. However, they're straying close to it now with some of the contributors and the need to resell the same debates each week.

I think they should branch out, get more interviews with old players.

• Upvote 1

It's a tall order to fill 90 minutes of a LFC podcast very week and not start spouting bollocks or going over old ground.

I think that the genus if the show, other than yo give a platform to some of them, was to have a show where football was discussed without the usual sensationalist bollocks and overly dramatic hyperbole. However, they're straying close to it now with some of the contributors and the need to resell the same debates each week.

I think they should branch out, get more interviews with old players.

They did a very good show a while back on schools football, very interesting it was, as I said good to listen to when running as keeps mind occupied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flanagan and Allen haven't played many games, Gerrard wants to play every game, Sturridge wanted to play for England, Sakho played just one game in November, Enrique's been out since October - fatigue?

No, letting players who has played more than those mentiond rest before a tougher period of the season with shorter recovery periods. It's not about the amount of games in total it's how each player cope with playing two or even three games a week. 

No, letting players who has played more than those mentiond rest before a tougher period of the season with shorter recovery periods. It's not about the amount of games in total it's how each player cope with playing two or even three games a week. 

Which players? What are you talking about?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I really enjoy it; it's generally quite balanced and funny and doesn't take itself too seriously. It's only really one or two of the lads that get on my nerves, particularly Gutman, but I usually end up turning it off if Jay McKenna is on.

*Downloads latest podcast*

*Deletes latest podcast*

Feel exactly the same.

Which players? What are you talking about?

Players like Henderson and Lucas. Also, I forgot to add, letting players who has barely played  have a some playing time more than five or ten minutes in games we lead comfortably. We don't have the biggest squad so it should be possible but far too often Rodgers doesn't use all substitutions at the right time.

Players like Henderson and Lucas. Also, I forgot to add, letting players who has barely played  have a some playing time more than five or ten minutes in games we lead comfortably. We don't have the biggest squad so it should be possible but far too often Rodgers doesn't use all substitutions at the right time.

I still don't understand what you're talking about. To me you're making criticisms that simply don't stand up to any sort of scrutiny. You mention Henderson - the only injury he's suffered was from a bad challenge that led to the player being sent off. Has Lucas been injured this season?

One of the biggest complaints early on this season was how we seemed to tire in the second half. Clearly that is something we have improved upon and is a good indication as to how well Rodgers is managing the squad. Long term injuries to Enrique, Flanagan, Sakho and Allen cannot be put down to fatigue.

I still don't understand what you're talking about. To me you're making criticisms that simply don't stand up to any sort of scrutiny. You mention Henderson - the only injury he's suffered was from a bad challenge that led to the player being sent off. Has Lucas been injured this season?

One of the biggest complaints early on this season was how we seemed to tire in the second half. Clearly that is something we have improved upon and is a good indication as to how well Rodgers is managing the squad. Long term injuries to Enrique, Flanagan, Sakho and Allen cannot be put down to fatigue.

It has nothing to do with what injuries players have had or fatigue. It's about preventing injuries, mostly muscular injuries from happening caused by playing too often over a short period of time. Yes, Lucas and Henderson haven't been injured this season, but if they play 2-3 games a week who knows what might happen and as the squad is seemingly unprepared should an injury crisis hit us wouldn't it be nice if the players who could eventually replace them actually have some experience from playing in the league they are newly arrived to, like Aspas and Luis Alberto.

• 1 year later...