You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United (h) Sat 14 Oct 12.30pm - Esse Quam Videri

Gym Beglin

We could get bummed dead hard by these horrible gets.

They look like absolute kryptonite for us and our weaknesses - their style of play, make up of their team, their strengths.

The cold light of day look at this has me dreading it totally - the fact it is those rats and all that means though has me right up for albeit fearing the worst.

Timing of it with our two Brazilian lads likely to be fucked is lousy as well - the scheduling is all wrong when you have players landing from 12 hour flights less than 48 hrs before a game.

And before that the game at Anfield when Sturridge scored early. Performances v them under Klopp have been ok but he badly needs a win on Saturday.

We need a win badly - what is it 1 in the last 7 right now in all comps?

10 points behind them if we lose - even this early that is a huge gap and with Spurs away to follow it.

First off, repped for a bit of Latin. I have a Latin O Level and it’s not often I get to wheel that out, especially since I live in a country where speaking English is an achievement for the natives! (Ba-dum, tish).

Any game against Man Utd has filled me with a combination of fear and excitement for as long as I can remember. Depending on how we are doing, and who plays for each team, the slider can move one way or the other.

At the moment it is heavily towards fear. I am dreading this one. Mourinho hates us and whatever you say about the fella, he knows how to set a team up. On their side they look solid, and then in addition to that they have pace and power and goals coming at you. De Gea is the best goalkeeper in the world too, which fills them with confidence from the back.

The opening post was spot on. A win resets expectations for both teams. If we can somehow do it, we can start looking up again and hopefully build on it. If we lose, and worse, lose by more than a couple, the despair and rage on here will be frightening.

Come on Liverpool. Do it. Somehow.

1-0 to us. Definitely more in hope than expectation.

• Upvote 6

Being the dick that I am, just bet my mate £50 we’ll do them. It was more of a pride thing because he was laughing saying they’ll destroy us.

He’s right of course, I think they will batter us. They’re set up exactly the way we hate playing against, they are literally like Burnley/West Brom/Palace on steroids with a shit load better quality in attack. They’ll soak up any pressure we put on them and hit us on the break, any crosses or set pieces they’ll score. I reckon we’ll get beat 4-1. Would love to be totally wrong!

Stoke drew with them and Southampton should have too. The bitters created a good few chances against them at the toilet. In saying that however, creating chances is not our problem. It's taking them and preventing our opponents from being gifted goals from nothing situations.

Twelvety nil to the Manc nonces

Can we still call this a derby match, or will someone go apeshit because Liverpool and Manchester aren't in the same county any more?

Can we not call it a cunt fest instead ?  

I know where I am when it's their 11 cunts against our cunts in defence with an extra massive Portugese cunt mincing up and down the touchline. 

We couldn't have asked for a better game after the international break.

The Mancs, at Anfield.

Form goes out of the window, this is all about gunslingers and heroic bravery.

Martin Atkinson reffing. 

The official last refereed a Liverpool-United fixture in March 2015, when he sent off Steven Gerrard just 38 seconds after coming on as a half-time substitute in a 2-1 defeat for Brendan Rodgers' side.

In total, Atkinson has officiated three fixtures between the two sides, with United winning all of them.

He has not been in charge of a Liverpool game this season, but did referee United's 4-0 win over West Ham United on the opening weekend of the Premier League.

I'd choose Karius to start, because I think he's shown an ability to deal with crosses and corners much better than Mignolet. 

--------------------------Karius------------------------

Trent-------Klavan-------------Matip--------Robertson

Milner-----------------Henderson----------------Can

Coutinho---------------Mane-------------------Salah

Think Milner would be a good help on the field, his voice is being missed at present, would be able to talk Trent through the game better. 

Much like Can helping Robertson, Can having played there for Germany a couple of times.

Would like to see Coutinho wide right for a change, would stop him from stepping inside and blamming 15 shots over the bar.  Would rather he was using that right peg to whip balls in for Mane to get onto, or for Salah to arrive at the far post. 

Henderson is shit and stands in the middle like a scarecrow just to remind ourselves where the centre circle is.