You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

2 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Firestick or will any box

I haven't had an android box for years , my 4k firestick runs Kodi and *ptv just fine . My brother though has a formula 7 box that can record said *ptv , and loves it . Since the old man above and his pals turned me on to real debrid and Kodi , streaming has been a dream

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Cheers, just checked and my box is 7 years old. I've just ordered a fire TV cube and will asking lots of questions. 

Pretend I'm an idiot who knows nothing and it should work out ok. 

Just moved house, so cancelled everything and decided to start new. 

I use a Fire Cube for my 'services'. It's been faultless. 

7 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Cheers, just checked and my box is 7 years old. I've just ordered a fire TV cube and will asking lots of questions. 

The first time you do a proper install you'll be cursing us all...but it's so worth it. You'll save a fortune mate and wonder why you didn't do it years ago.

As Tuds said, Kodi and IPTV are entirely different beasts, not to be confused with one another, but for a meagre outlay you'll have the televisual world at your fingertips.

A couple of bits of advice I'd give though: don't bother with builds and tell anyone who recommends a build to fuck off cos they're probably a bullshitting nay nowt nonce, and the other would be to install Nodi instead of Kodi.

It's lighter, quicker and optimised for Android devices. Far better imho.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The first time you do a proper install you'll be cursing us all...but it's so worth it. You'll save a fortune mate and wonder why you didn't do it years ago.

As Tuds said, Kodi and IPTV are entirely different beasts, not to be confused with one another, but for a meagre outlay you'll have the televisual world at your fingertips.

A couple of bits of advice I'd give though: don't bother with builds and tell anyone who recommends a build to fuck off cos they're probably a bullshitting nay nowt nonce, and the other would be to install Nodi instead of Kodi.

It's lighter, quicker and optimised for Android devices. Far better imho.

How have I missed this little nugget ??

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/10/2023 at 12:16, Scooby Dudek said:

Hello everyone.

Finally cleared the living room enough to set up my Cube. 

Got the usual apps installed, so what/how do I download what I need for Nodi etc ?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Thanks for the PM. Helped a lot 

What VPN do people use, or is it not necessary? 

Troypoint try the hard sell with one as do Firesticktricks but that's probably how they're funded.

A popular IPTV supplier favoured on here says not to use one as it slows things down with their service so I don't think many on here do.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Thanks for the PM. Helped a lot 

What VPN do people use, or is it not necessary? 

Real Debrid is necessary these days and works better without a VPN. 

If anyone wants a cheap VPN that works I can recommend Surfshark but I don't use it with Kodi. 

14 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Iv'e now installed Kodi and addon, also Real Debrid. 

How do I now link it to sporting events and make it look like a normal tv guide, is it downloading/finding a skin for Kodi ?

Thanks again

Kodi for TV and movies. 

IPTV for live TV and sport. 

You'll need a paid IPTV sub and then use whatever player they provide or go for something like Tivimate which is paid but well worth it. Probably be a few quid off Tivimate for Black Friday. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Iv'e now installed Kodi and addon, also Real Debrid. 

How do I now link it to sporting events and make it look like a normal tv guide, is it downloading/finding a skin for Kodi ?

Thanks again

I told you all I was very good at coming across as an idiot. 

I've downloaded a skin, it's all not coming back from doing this years ago. 

I've gone for Aspire. See how it plays. 

I'm back away to work tomorrow, so won't use the cube for a couple of months, but hopefully I be able to sort this on my own on my pc for then. 

There are loads of "idiot guides" and step by step installation guides for Kodi (and Debrid). I use surfshark when streaming live sport (through kodi on the firestick) and rarely get any issues, so much so i highly doubt i will subscribe to IPTV again now. Certainly not in the near future anyway.

13 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Asgard is also good for live sports and sports replays like boxing and UFC the next morning. 

As is Fights on Demand.

I can't recommend Stremio enough for anyone who fancies a change or an alternative. I rarely use Kodi now.

• 3 weeks later...