You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So fucking sick of this shite. We'll laugh at you because your team got killed in a plane crash 55 years ago so we'll laugh at you because a load of your fans died in a crush at a game 23 years ago. It's boring, depressing, pathetic and people usi g it to take the moral high ground need to get a life. Surely one of these bell ends has had a family member killed at some point yet they carry on like it's some playground game. Knobheads are ruining football for me.

Good post.

As I say, they have their dick-heads and we have ours.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE] Edited by Tony Manero

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is utterly depressing. There is dickheads supporting every team. I watched the game in the local with a good few proper Mancs and each and every one came up to me saying that we were badly done by the ref and telling me to keep my chin up because we have class young players and a great future. Good people behaving like good people. Just like the vast majority would have behaved in the stadium yesterday.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Jesus how naive are you.

What's the deal with people like you, constantly reminding us that our own fan base is full of cunts, While never really condemning opponents?

I would have thought the answer was fucking obvious. You have no right to critiscise the dickheads that support utd unless you denounce the Munich chanting twats doing aeroplane gestures. Similarly the arseholes on twitter wishing Halseys cancer to return. The prick on here on Saturday that said the same thing needs banning.

I know some lad who went to a sports shop in 1997 and asked for Munich 58 to be printed on the back of his Liverpool shirt. The shop refused obviously, he would always get on his high horse about any anti Hillsborough song, the sun and south Yorkshire police. He told me to fuck off and called me a Manc lover when I pointed his hypocrisy out.

Another lad I work with had a don't buy the sun and justice for the 96 posters on his desk yet refuses to recognise Manchester United by their proper name and refers to them as Munich Scum.

What's the deal with people like you, constantly reminding us that our own fan base is full of cunts, While never really condemning opponents?

Fuck sake. Behave.

let's call United fans out whilst pretending that we don't have our share of pricks. Let's call United fans out whilst burying our heads in the sand, pretending that to this very day we don't have dick-heads who go to old Trafford and sing sick shit. Dick-heads who refer to United as Munich and their fans as Munichs.

Some people on here are talking shite. "I've never heard Munich songs at the match'. There' is evidence on youtube FFS. I've witnessed it. It's the reason I binned Old Trafford away off.

"Never really condemning opponents"

Allegiance is unimportant. United or Liverpool, it doesn't matter. Singing sick songs at the match is unacceptable. Those responsible should take a long hard look at themselves. If they cannot see what they are doing is wrong then there is no hope. They don't deserve to go the game. Singing about Heysel, Hillsborough and Munich should result in a lifetime ban. It's fucking immoral and needs eradicating. Sadly, I doubt it ever will.

Again, all this 'some of our fans are cunts' etc is all largely irrelevent in my view. This isn't really about the individual fans it's about the culture of the clubs. The culture of Liverpool Football Club is not to despise mancs above all things, our songs don't feature notions of putting them on bonfires or them eating rats in a council house, in essence, we're not that arsed about them.

The reverse is true of the mancs. I wasn't at Istanbul unfortunately, but I'd be astounded if any breath was wasted on singing about the mancs in the aftermath, while when the mancs last won it the Liverpool songs were out in force - and it's not rivalry, they're not singing about trophies, they're singing about hate, it's the city and its people who are the target.

Further to the point the legendary Neil G came back on. I think the mancs attracting fans from all over the world predates their huge success, it started with Munich and the PR and media machine the club later became - whether they exploited the goodwill bestowed upon them following Munich is, perhaps, a discussion for another time, but needless to say at some point united became purely a money-making showbusiness operation rather than a sporting entity, and it lost a lot of respect for that - even subliminally in some cases, real fans probably don't even think much about why they can't stand the club, they just can't stand it.

You can tell it's showbiz by the amount of soundbites they employ, 'theatre of dreams' 'biggest club in the world', black and white pictures of Best's flowing locks and Beckham bent over a fence wearing some Police sunglasses.

Over time their showbiz has attracted a particular breed of fan, it's not as simple as simply wanting to win, it's about being a fan of what they're constantly told is 'the biggest and best'. It attracts a special breed of short dick.

It's attracted non-football fans initially through the Munich sympathy vote, but then that fanbase has continued to attract non-football fans due to its success and marketing, that's why you see a lot of united fans in rugby towns where they've got no football roots, it's a market which they've tapped over time.

"Hi Jeff where are you off?" "I'm taking the lad to the theatre of dreams to see Becks and Giggsy and Scholesey, then we're going to shout things at 'the dippers'!" Arf!"

This is why nobody else in world football can stand the cunts. Look at the amount of friendship tours Liverpool fans have. Go to Monchengladbach and try and buy your own beers. When a manc stands there with the fan of another club he's only there to tell them how fucking great he personally is for being a united fan.

What a load of shite ^ .

Nobody is disagreeing with you, in that everybody here will be disgusted with chants about Munich or similar.

Nobody here condones it.

The thing is though, on Sunday, there were no chants about Munich. On sunday we had 3,000 or so mancs singing about Hillsborough. Its that which should be addressed.

My point is, what is your point? Yeah sure, there are videos of a match two years ago in which chants about munich were sung, disgustingly. That doesnt excuse Sunday, in any way shape or form, nor does it invalidate those condemning Sunday's chants.

The next time there is any Munich chants, come back and i'm sure it will be discussed and condemned. Coming on here saying "hey, some of our lot did the same two years ago" is just fucking needless.

Nobody is disagreeing with you, in that everybody here will be disgusted with chants about Munich or similar.

Nobody here condones it.

The thing is though, on Sunday, there were no chants about Munich. On sunday we had 3,000 or so mancs singing about Hillsborough. Its that which should be addressed.

My point is, what is your point? Yeah sure, there are videos of a match two years ago in which chants about munich were sung, disgustingly. That doesnt excuse Sunday, in any way shape or form, nor does it invalidate those condemning Sunday's chants.

The next time there is any Munich chants, come back and i'm sure it will be discussed and condemned. Coming on here saying "hey, some of our lot did the same two years ago" is just fucking needless.

My view?

Singing about Heysel, Hillsborough and Munich should result in a lifetime ban. It's fucking immoral and needs eradicating. Sadly, I doubt it ever will.

Oh, and i'd agree in that - I could never, NEVER, imagine Liverpool fans (and more importantly, senior fucking players) singing about Munich or the Mancs in any form during a CL final.

I think it was Paris 81, "Are you watching Manchester" as Phil Thompson lifted the European Cup. Can't find any footage on youtube, like. Have seen it before though. Munich 58 banners at European Cup finals too.

Agreed, I can't imagine Liverpool players singing about Munich.

Beat me to it Rob (Doctor Troy) and was a similar post to what I was going to make. ''yeah but they did this'' ''yeah but they did that''. it is a total embarrassment. Both sides who try and justify their own actions by excusing it are as bad as each other. We have twats, they have twats, nothing more to be said really.

Brief history lesson to show both sides have twats:

Pre 1989 some of our fans sing Munich, songs about runways and a former LFC captain and genuine footballing legend making noise, have Munich banners on the Kop at home games and other games (notably Heysel), their team had teargas thrown at them in 85 or 86 by some gobshite.

Post 1989 the Munich songs stop, United fans in the early 90s start to goad us with ''Where's your famous Munich song'' as some form of payback for mocking their disaster for a few years prior to 1989 which reaches a horrible nadir when the Tony Bland silence is disrupted back in March 1993 by a few United dickheads.

1994 Sir Matt passes away, we play Man City the week after, a City fan disrupts the silence, our fans boo, then some dickhead on the Kop shouts something a few seconds later and the silence is ruined.

2005 George Best dies, whether you like the man or not and even if you think he pissed his second chance at life up against the wall, simple human decency can't stop a few dickhead fans of ours disrupting the silence when we ironically played Man City but this time it was us and only us who disrupted the silence and we get hammered in the press for it.

Whilst they may have greater numbers singing more offensive songs than we do it really doesn't matter does it in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't justify anything some of our fans do and have done over the years like smashing up the toilets there and the club footing the bill for the damage. Whilst we have dickheads at away games singing Munich/Shipman songs particularly at Old Trafford then we still can't take a moral high ground no matter how much people would like to. It was only a couple of years ago the inoffensive Ben Foster had Munich chanted to him at an away game v Birmingham it was arguably as many who sang it to him as he took place in goal for the second half as the amount of their fans who sang those songs yesterday. Not to mention Phil neville and Tim Howard getting the same treatment at Goodison in recent seasons.

What I despise from them is not even the ''famous Munich song'' really, it is the snidy ''victim'' song however which they play on being open to interpretation to an extent so they can get away with the probable true meaning of it. It is ironic as I genuinely haven't heard them sing that ''Where's your famous Munich song'' for a number of years until yesterday and I have attended every Liverpool v United home game since 1989. It was a favourite of theirs in the early 90s as I touched on earlier.

Until fans take responsibility for their own actions then nothing will change and I almost get the impression some are happy to keep it like that because they always try and pass each clubs own fans failings off by the other doing worse.

Section, I like you as a poster but I think your posting on this thread has been symptomatic of the problems between the two clubs fans if I am honest. The ''see I told you so'' tone to one of your first posts on the thread was exactly the kind of thing I am talking about. You are guilty of tarring all their fans with the same brush so you can't moan about it when people tar all our fanbase with the same brush which we should know better than anybody how that is easily done. I have read lots of genuine respectful articles from decent United fans over the past week or so and I could ask you are the United shirts/scarfs on the memorial/Shankly gates a fake gesture as well as well as the there for the grace of god go we message from the silent majority that a United fan left on the memorial the other day? It isn't all of them acting like cunts and it isn't all of us but the pointscoring on both sides is incredibly tiresome and repetitive and sadly, shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

Take the fans out of the equation for a minute, I don't think Manchester United as a football club could have done more than they did yesterday and people may not like it but fuck it, that includes their manager too. If Kenny Dalglish says Ferguson has always been first class where Hillsborough is concerned then that is good enough for me. Some things like that transcend football.

We just need bouncebrigade to call you an undercover United fan now and the thread will finally be complete.

Tony Manero, your righteous anger seems to be all reserved for our fans. I agree we've been guilty of some nasty shite, but in every match, regardless of opponents, and to the exclusion of singing about our own success? Surely even you can take scale into account.

Listen, I have nothing but contempt for anyone who sings sick songs at the match, be they Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United fans, or whoever.

It grates that people come on here spouting blinkered rubbish.

I ve admitted on here though ashamed that I and MOST of anfield used to sing the runway song but have met so many reds on my travels in recent years who not only claim to have never sung munich or have never heard it sung? Now either we have a load of new fans or we have lots of deaf fans.

Likewise the mancs claiming Only a handful were singing after the game is complete joke and a lie too.

A bit of honesty instead of brushing it under the carpet from both sides would a massive step in the right direction instead of all the point scoring re they sung this and we sung that after etc