You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Lately Ive been introduced to Gout, today its in top form and the worst its been, I was told to take 1 tablet a day after a 4 day course of others, 1 a day until my demise, doesn't seem to work and neither do Zapain

It must be something I'm eating as I've been off the ale for 7 weeks. 

Is there any victims of Gout here with any tips on what to avoid,? I know there's a few, it's just trying to single out the main culprit. 

When you first start on Allopurinol you'll get an attack, and a nasty one at that. Once it kicks in, though, it'll reduce the frequency and severity of attacks. I started taking it 15 years ago, and my last attack was over 3 years ago.

9 minutes ago, fezzman said:

When you first start on Allopurinol you'll get an attack, and a nasty one at that. Once it kicks in, though, it'll reduce the frequency and severity of attacks. I started taking it 15 years ago, and my last attack was over 3 years ago.

That's something cheers, started just over a week ago though, without anything happening just the pain in different parts of the foot which came and went, so let's hope this is the nasty one, funnily enough it's eased off at the moment. 

26 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

That's something cheers, started just over a week ago though, without anything happening just the pain in different parts of the foot which came and went, so let's hope this is the nasty one, funnily enough it's eased off at the moment. 

If it's been a week, that's probably the last you'll see of it for a while. Fingers crossed for you.

I keep forgetting I’ve got MS. I’m usually on top of it and reasonably aware of how much I should and shouldn’t be doing but I’ve totally fucked myself up twice in the last two weeks getting my garden sorted out. Mowing the grass, lugging stuff around, assembling new furniture and standing in front of the BBQ for hours at a time. 

Today I’d planned to wash my car, clean the inside of it, take the kids for a walk and go and buy some food for a BBQ tomorrow, but I got out of bed this morning and I can’t straighten my back at all. I’m mincing around the house like the fucking Hunchback of Notre Dame. Last week I’d done my legs in so much that every time I needed a piss I had to lie down for a minute when I made it to the top of the stairs.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I keep forgetting I’ve got MS. I’m usually on top of it and reasonably aware of how much I should and shouldn’t be doing but I’ve totally fucked myself up twice in the last two weeks getting my garden sorted out. Mowing the grass, lugging stuff around, assembling new furniture and standing in front of the BBQ for hours at a time. 

Today I’d planned to wash my car, clean the inside of it, take the kids for a walk and go and buy some food for a BBQ tomorrow, but I got out of bed this morning and I can’t straighten my back at all. I’m mincing around the house like the fucking Hunchback of Notre Dame. Last week I’d done my legs in so much that every time I needed a piss I had to lie down for a minute when I made it to the top of the stairs.

Is this muscles fatiguing and then refusing to work?

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not refusing to work, just pure fatigue. Just getting to the top of the stairs last week left my legs feeling like I’d had 10 straight attempts at this...

giphy.gif

So when you overwork them they pay you back by fucking you up a couple of days later?  Wow, that's pure evil.

• Upvote 1

I've got a massive Johnny gile at the minute. Piles, haemorrhoids. Just one bit really hurting my arsehole. 

Not really a sufferer, thankfully. But this has come on the last few days and it's really fucking hurting me. 

I got a prescription about 4 years ago for a steroid ointment for it and still have it. It's out of date but I'm going to have to face the embarrassment tomorrow and ask the chemist to give a new tube of ass ointment. 

13 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Get yerself a piss bottle to reduce the stairs action, then you can wind them up by getting them to lash it down the big for yer. Probably more strenuous on you with having the kids at home, more to do to keep them busy plus every day is a bit more like a weekend.

for the stuff that is flexible, knock up a schedule, so you can see what you have to do, and make it more manageable by spreading over a fortnight or something.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jenson said:

Foods high in nucleic acids (DNA & RNA) are the main risk factors for gout.

It's knowing what to look for, and what it means. I've been told to take plenty of ginger which I am   tea etc nice too. 

Mines easing a bit now, and can't wait to shake a mean shoe on the dance floor,   never again, still hobbling though and a fuckin fly has entered the building so chasing it around with a can of Mr Sheen with a gammy foot, the evasive little cunt knows it too. 

• 2 weeks later...

My fucking right ear has been blocked for nearly two weeks, 'been putting the drops in twice a day every day & tried the Otex home syringe thing tonight, didn't work.

The doctor is refusing to see me, constant sore heads, constant ringing in my ear, constantly being half deaf. I would happily pay someome £100 to syringe it properly but the private places I've tried are all shut as well.

Fuck off.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Mook said:

My fucking right ear has been blocked for nearly two weeks, 'been putting the drops in twice a day every day & tried the Otex home syringe thing tonight, didn't work.

The doctor is refusing to see me, constant sore heads, constant ringing in my ear, constantly being half deaf. I would happily pay someome £100 to syringe it properly but the private places I've tried are all shut as well.

Fuck off.

Can't beat a good syringing. None of that OTC stuff works, get your missus to get the jet wash in there.

• Upvote 1

On 07/05/2020 at 23:15, chrisbonnie said:

I've got a massive Johnny gile at the minute. Piles, haemorrhoids. Just one bit really hurting my arsehole. 

Not really a sufferer, thankfully. But this has come on the last few days and it's really fucking hurting me. 

I got a prescription about 4 years ago for a steroid ointment for it and still have it. It's out of date but I'm going to have to face the embarrassment tomorrow and ask the chemist to give a new tube of ass ointment. 

Hope this wasnt an anal fissure? They can be agony I have heard.

11 hours ago, Mook said:

Fuck off.

Ever had your ears syringed/jet washed? Afterwards you've got super human hearing, like you're one of the X Men or something. 

7 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Ever had your ears syringed/jet washed? Afterwards you've got super human hearing, like you're one of the X Men or something. 

Aye, a few times. Best feeling in the World.

Not so good when they refuse to do it & all the private places are shut though.

11 hours ago, Mook said:

Fuck off.

I had this problem for a few days just as the lockdown situation began,it was painful and a nuisance. With me those blockages usually last just a few hours but this time it was days. Olive Oil drops and it cleared without me even realising it.

Longest walk of lockdown to date yesterday  (circa 10.5 miles).

Please see below a list of things that hurt. 

Left knee.
Lower back.
Right hip.
Right shin.
Left ankle.
Right ankle.
Left foot.
Right foot.
Left big toe.

Please see below a list of things that feel better:

Soul.
Mind.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mook said:

Fuck off.

What was the doctors explanation?

55 minutes ago, Champ said:

What was the doctors explanation?

'Emergency appointments only & try the drops for 2 weeks before phoning back'

I really don't know why I ever bother with the doctor, get absolutely fuck all from them under normal circumstances, never mind just now. No wonder blokes don't bother going & end up dying of cancer that's been there for months unchecked.