You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

A stadium doesnt win you points

Spot on again

Why the fuck do people think we will grow as a club if we have a bigger stadium?!

We won't, we have slipped down, way down. We don't even sell Anfield out all the time anymore.

So if we arent a success on the pitch why is that suddenly going to fill the stadium out for every game? It wont, we will just get bigger crowds for the big games and thats it.

If the team continues the way it has for the last 7-8 years it will only get worse.

The big players that people crave for will not join Liverpool because we have a new stadium and it wont make fans from far and wide flock in either. Success on the pitch will do that, and thats when we can build or redevelop.

So how many examples can you refer to that are relevant, that prove anything to do with your point?

My point wasn't necessarily to build a new stadium - though that is an eminently sensible tack - it was more the money to forge a competitive squad has to come from somewhere.

If you don't agree with increasing revenue streams through building a bigger stadium, where do you think/expect the money will come from?

My point wasn't necessarily to build a new stadium - though that is an eminently sensible tack - it was more the money to forge a competitive squad has to come from somewhere.

If you don't agree with increasing revenue streams through building a bigger stadium, where do you think/expect the money will come from?

We need billions to attract the top players in the world. Huge transfer fee's, big wages and incentives are what the top players in the world would want to join liverpool right now.

We dont have that, so we are buying cheaper potential and hoping Brendan can work his magic, if we start to win things (which i think we will) we will be able to attract all the top youngsters in the game becuase we are a success and our manger proves he gives young players game time.

The snow ball effect would see more established, experienced players, wanting to join. Mainly due to the success, playing style and current state of a big club on the rise again.

We need billions to attract the top players in the world. Huge transfer fee's, big wages and incentives are what the top players in the world would want to join liverpool right now.

We dont have that, so we are buying cheaper potential and hoping Brendan can work his magic, if we start to win things (which i think we will) we will be able to attract all the top youngsters in the game becuase we are a success and our manger proves he gives young players game time.

The snow ball effect would see more established, experienced players, wanting to join. Mainly due to the success, playing style and current state of a big club on the rise again.

Yep, and I personally think that's the right way to do things. But increasing matchday revenue as well is surely a no-brainer?

Money has never really, ever been an issue, signing the right players has been.

You can build 20 stadiums and fill them all, it wont put us on a par with City or Chelseas funds. There will always be someone richer.

You can only field 11 players however, there are many, many teams who dont splurge cash and compete regularly, its about the players and manager mostly with the other staff also important.

We cant have the City or Chelsea model, dont want the Arsenal model sadly we need to reclaim our model back from the mancs of building off the back of our on field success, which is based around the management and players.first.

Maybe when we are at a level, where we have a top to bottom squad full of top players and best youth supplementing it, winning titles regularly and thus dont need to invest massive amounts on our brimming full of ace squad.

We may find ourselves with surplus profits we can siphon off into a stadium fund at our own leisure, Xerxes, the forum Kevin Costner knows the Costner of everything and the value of nothing, seems to think if you build it he will come. Whenever I build I get all kinds coming up saying 'that smells lovely' 'can I try some of that dangerous?' not people with money to blow just bums wanting a 'few sly whiffs behind the misse's back' and thats what the bankers who would fund this PFI not fit for purpose corporate goldfish bowl in which we would float to the top of it after overfeeding and stay there, lifeless with bulging eyes until someone notices and flushes us down the toilet for good? Ive seen excerpts from waterworld and it dont end well, we dont need no mince prince of theivery around here waving his little john and his vagabond bag of IanSaints on a stick over his shoulder. You can only flirt with danger so long and then your performing dances with Wolves, a team full of huff and puffers, running next to more illustrious limos and not giving them protection and licence to roam before their heads get blown off while the mediocre players are powerless to do anything and their wives want to bail. Your left trying to fashion it all into some sort of conspiracy with a magic clause activating bid. Until it haunts you mercilessly and you are thrown into a job looking after a heartless wench who Code has been sending magazine cuttings out to stalking the prestige every result and more running round in the snow trying to stop bad things from appening til someone gets found in the new stadium floodlights about to take the star of the team out with a high powered rifle.

Before you know it your team has plummeted to mediocracy, long forgotten and you yearn for the dances with wolves years, you thought it was a perfect world, its you left holding a tin cup, doing it for the love of the game, cant go back now, cant go back.

Money has never really, ever been an issue, signing the right players has been.

You can build 20 stadiums and fill them all, it wont put us on a par with City or Chelseas funds. There will always be someone richer.

You can only field 11 players however, there are many, many teams who dont splurge cash and compete regularly, its about the players and manager mostly with the other staff also important.

We cant have the City or Chelsea model, dont want the Arsenal model sadly we need to reclaim our model back from the mancs of building off the back of our on field success, which is based around the management and players.first.

Maybe when we are at a level, where we have a top to bottom squad full of top players and best youth supplementing it, winning titles regularly and thus dont need to invest massive amounts on our brimming full of ace squad.

We may find ourselves with surplus profits we can siphon off into a stadium fund at our own leisure, Xerxes, the forum Kevin Costner knows the Costner of everything and the value of nothing, seems to think if you build it he will come. Whenever I build I get all kinds coming up saying 'that smells lovely' 'can I try some of that dangerous?' not people with money to blow just bums wanting a 'few sly whiffs behind the misse's back' and thats what the bankers who would fund this PFI not fit for purpose corporate goldfish bowl in which we would float to the top of it after overfeeding and stay there, lifeless with bulging eyes until someone notices and flushes us down the toilet for good? Ive seen excerpts from waterworld and it dont end well, we dont need no mince prince of theivery around here waving his little john and his vagabond bag of IanSaints on a stick over his shoulder. You can only flirt with danger so long and then your performing dances with Wolves, a team full of huff and puffers, running next to more illustrious limos and not giving them protection and licence to roam before their heads get blown off while the mediocre players are powerless to do anything and their wives want to bail. Your left trying to fashion it all into some sort of conspiracy with a magic clause activating bid. Until it haunts you mercilessly and you are thrown into a job looking after a heartless wench who Code has been sending magazine cuttings out to stalking the prestige every result and more running round in the snow trying to stop bad things from appening til someone gets found in the new stadium floodlights about to take the star of the team out with a high powered rifle.

Before you know it your team has plummeted to mediocracy, long forgotten and you yearn for the dances with wolves years, you thought it was a perfect world, its you left holding a tin cup, doing it for the love of the game, cant go back now, cant go back.

I decided to quote this post in its entirety due to its awesomeness. Wonderful stuff.

like arsenal, laughing all the way to the bank their shareholders are arent they?

Like its some measure of success.

But why would you be so anti increasing revenue? There is no logic in that.

The richest clubs are the most successful. You're pushing shit up hill with no money and the ceiling is not so much glass but titanium with wrought iron spikes.

But why would you be so anti increasing revenue? There is no logic in that.

The richest clubs are the most successful. You're pushing shit up hill with no money and the ceiling is not so much glass but titanium with wrought iron spikes.

Revenue?

Why would I want to increase revenue when it will only go toward paying for the stadium for the next 20 years? That increased revenue plus player money would only be going to the stadium costs.

Transfer funds is not the same as revenue, even with the extra revenue generated, it would still eat into our transfer funds to pay for it.

You really need to think this through, its not a case of put a new stadium in over a few days and sit back and watch the money and titles roll in.

If we were on top, yes, (In principle) if we had a sugar daddy, yes (In principle).

We arent in either of those positions so it dont make sense to build our stadium on quicksand, as I said, Arsenal have more matchday revenue but they have less to spend on players.

Its not black and white like so many of those who think it a good idea think it is. And thats why its a bad idea, because these are the people who dont think it through and plan for the best, in reality, to factor in risk, you need to prepare for the worst and go from there.

We have always been a club that builds on the pitch first and we should not lose sight of that.

In the very long run it would benefit us yes but only if we are in the position to do it, we are not, we can go that way and never come back, its easily done. In the very long run, to see any return is going to take a long, long time, in the meantime hampering our transfer kitty for at the very least several seasons.

Our problem has always been getting the last few players in to make us the team we want to be, most the times we've been close we've then spunked our load on Carrolls Hendo's and Salif Diaos.

Outside of these posters fantasies we dont have the money to fund both on the field recruitment and paying for a new stadium, I'd rather not sell out to some corporate sponsor and name it in their honour and even if we did, it still wouldnt pay for it.

Id rather be penniliess and have our kop and our atmosphere on my side, take my chances against all the oligarchs, sheiks and hedge funders teams but thats just me.

Yep, and I personally think that's the right way to do things. But increasing matchday revenue as well is surely a no-brainer?

It is if we can AND buy the same players we need. If they said "oh we need 35 million towards the stadium so you only have 35 million to spend on players" then for me it would be crazy not to invest 70 million into the team and get that sorted first.

If i was the owner i would pump money into the team and make it as successful as i could for a few years and then on the back of that build a new 80,000 stadium in stanley park.

If we become a success we can ride on that wave, get established stars, draw in the crowds because fans want to see the best players in the world every week. That would pack out the stadium and the revenue would go through the roof. I just dont see how redeveloping Anfield is going to make us a financial force?

I think people are forgetting how boring and unwatchable Arsenal were in the 90's, no way would they have the crowds today if they were still playing that way. Wenger's style is what attracted more fans to them...even though they don't win anything.

Brendans football will do the same, even more so if we are a success and winning trophies.

Almost sad to see how lost the suit on the right was. Still a good video though!

They were all out of their depth. It was a man against children.

Kirsty Gallacher said that Abramovich had helped 'put British(?) football on the map'.

They're all idiots and I claim my five ringgits.

Guest San Don
They were all out of their depth. It was a man against children.

Kirsty Gallacher said that Abramovich had helped 'put British(?) football on the map'.

They're all idiots and I claim my five ringgits.

Kirsty Gallagher? That ugly minger?

Matthew Syed is a bright guy with a political consience. 99% of other journos, pundits are Murdoch, Abramovich toads. End of.

What about the people who take Abramovich's money? Aren't they receiving stolen property?

Loosely related to this thread.

On the subject of sugar daddies

[YOUTUBE]GmCtci6cen8[/YOUTUBE]

Christ. A whole world of wrong in there. Cascarino talking bollocks and Gallagher saying Chelsea put English football on the map. Mentalism!

Guest San Don
Matthew Syed is a bright guy with a political consience. 99% of other journos, pundits are Murdoch, Abramovich toads. End of.

What about the people who take Abramovich's money? Aren't they receiving stolen property?

Didnt we receive commerade abramovic's money for el sul, meireles and benayoun?

Guest San Don

Didnt we receive commerade abramovic's money for el sul, meireles and benayoun?

Didnt we receive commerade abramovic's money for el sul' date=' meireles and benayoun?[/quote']

It was part of the clubs laundering service.They give us £70 for those three and get £15 back and send Sturridge our way.Problem was the club ended up on the receiving end of a similar scam by the bloody Barcodes

Yes, Chelsea are pretty much financed by blood money.

Chelsea put british football on the map fuck me plus he only mentions united what the fuck is anybody outside of liverpool with in british boundaries aware of the fact liverpool are the most successful club from these isles in Europe. Roman should be in jail and Chelsea should be taken apart and sold in bits its a shithouse fake club filled with utter wankers who I hope explode.

we get it right on the pittch thats all that matters, we have never been the richest really and it hasnt stopped us having a force for success, you can say the games moved on but its about what goes on on the pitch and Id rather we spent our money on players,

Sadly 21st century football success requires off the field financial muscle to deliver on the pitch at the highest level. The days when canny transfer dealings alone were enough are gone - Sgt Wilko's Leeds were the last to achieve that.

It is not true that we have "never been (amongst) the richest", the glory days of the 70's and 80's saw us beaten only by Man U in the cash stakes.

FSG cannot match Mansour and Abrahamovic ( few can). However we do have the fanbase to narrow the gap that Man u and Arsenal's stadium advantage gives them ( about £60m a year). To win the title we have to be able to broadly compete with the aforementioned four in the transfer market, currently we cannot. FFP exacerbates this situation, and it has been negligent on the part of the Board to not maximise the support advabntage we do have to narrow that gap.