You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Effects pedals

Redder Lurtz

Do not buy Behringer , they are shit.

Buy Boss pedals, they are the best, and most reasonably priced.

I got one of these

top_M.jpg

All youll ever need really.

Oh and get a Jim Dunlop Wah Wah.

By the by lads, Like my facebook page for a project im doing in uni would yer.

Cheers. Oh and follow it on Twitter if yer like.

@FuzzyKicks

Fuzzy Kicks | Facebook

I think it completely depends on what sort of music you're playing, what sort of guitarist you want to be, and what sort of guitarists' 'sounds' you like.

I started off by buying a fairly cheap behringer multi-fx pedal and it was clear early on how shite it was. The trouble is if you want a decent set up you'll have to spend a decent amount of money - whether going for single FX or multi. The decent Multi-FX pedals, like the Pod XT Pro or the Boss GT6 are a decent wedge of cash.

I went down the single pedal route and it's taken me about three years to get all the pedals I wanted - and I've still had to scrimp on a couple cos I couldn't afford the decent stuff.

If you want to go down the single route you'll definitely need an Overdrive, and I'd also recommend a reverb pedal of some sort (EHX Holy Grail is probably the best new pedal out there for Reverb, but if you can afford a second hand Boss RV-3, more's the better). There are tonnes of Overdrive pedals - I went for a Boss SD-1 which is very cheap, but very good. It would probably do you to start with. Other than this - a tuner pedal (such as the Boss TU-2 or Korg Pitchblack) is a must - I'd just spend some time getting familiar with the different effects on you tube, and see what other guitarists you like use. The effects to looks up are (I've put in brackets which pedals I have for each of these):

Phaser (EHX Small Stone)

Tremolo (Danelectro Cool Cat (not the one I really wanted))

Envelope Filter/Auto-Wah (Dod 440)

Pitch Shifter (Digitech Whammy 4)

Overdrive (Boss SD-1 and ProCo Turbo Rat)

Compressor/Sustainer (Boss CS-3)

Reverb (Line 6 Verbzilla)

Delay (Boss RE-20) - if I had to recommend any single pedal, it would be this

Volume Pedal (Boss FV50L)

You might also want to look up a Wah Pedal (the Dunlop Cry Baby is generally seen as the best).

I've also got a EHX POG and an Akai HeadRush E2 - the latter is a loop pedal which is really good for working out guitar parts.