You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

People in my age bracket will only have seen Ian Rush score 14 goals in the last 5 years of his career with 6 different clubs. It's a sad and undeserved memory for the greatest striker this club has ever known. I can understand the argument from Rush's point of view or even Fowler's that you're a long time retired. I know Jamie has stated in the past that he wants to play for as long as he possibly can I just hope he's change his mind or goes to play elsewhere.

Even the greatest lose their powers eventually and I'm in no doubt he doesn't have it in him anymore to compete even at the shitty level we're currently competing at, bow out like Shanks with the FA Cup lofted above your head and be proud of a great career.

Would Carra make it into your all time starting 11 for LFC?

Personally yes he would so that makes him one of our greats in my opinion.

To be honest I dont think he would even make it to my best 11 since 00/01, he would make the bench though.

--------------Reina-----------

Finnan - Hyypia - Agger - Riise

------Mascherano-Alonso--------

Gerrard----Suarez---Kewell

----------Torres---------

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think that's a bone of contention for a lot of people. Particulary with the likes of Raheem Sterling. We are/have been strugling with a lack of pace in wide midfield positions for some time. I personally think the past few weeks would have been the ideal opportunity to have given him a couple of starts. Kenny's blooded youngsters before, and I'm sure his reasoning is more to do with introducing the likes of Sterling at the right time for the club and the player. I also thought Jack Robinson was fantastic last season, and we'd have seen more of him this year. Again just my opinion.

Yeah, looking forward to Robinson stepping up. He looks like one of those players that sees the game in slow motion.

But I agree we've wasted an opportunity to develop some players.

To be honest I dont think he would even make it to my best 11 since 00/01, he would make the bench though.

Shit left hand side. I'd rather Bellamy or Maxi than Kewell and Enrique is a better LB than Riise (unless you're factoring in an element of longevity and consistency over a sustained period in which case Carra would get in before Agger).

Shit left hand side. I'd rather Bellamy or Maxi than Kewell and Enrique is a better LB than Riise (unless you're factoring in an element of longevity and consistency over a sustained period in which case Carra would get in before Agger).

I dont think Enrique is a better left back than Riise at all, he offers absolutely nothing going forward and defensively I dont really think he is any better.

The wide left position is the one position where we bever have had a great player, but Kewell when fit is the best of the lot.

The best performance we have seen there could actually be one time Cisse played there against West Ham or something like that.

Garcia was my second option on the left.

That's quite a good team

*sigh*

The only question would be the left, but I suppose it speaks volumes that Kewell could be in with a shout. I suppose if you only counted the first six months of his Liverpool career...

I dont think Enrique is a better left back than Riise at all, he offers absolutely nothing going forward and defensively I dont really think he is any better.

The wide left position is the one position where we bever have had a great player, but Kewell when fit is the best of the lot.

The best performance we have seen there could actually be one time Cisse played there against West Ham or something like that.

Garcia was my second option on the left.

Enrique is a better defender than Riise who couldn't tackle. Riise's best games for us were at LM (before he lost some pace).

If we're going by best performances then Traore (at chelsea) and Arbeloa (against Barca) put in the two best LB performances over the period.

I talked to two Fulham season ticket holders in a pub last friday and they told me they thought Riise had been brilliant for them this season.

I have not really paid much attention to them so I dont know if that is right or wrong.

Enrique is a better defender than Riise who couldn't tackle. Riise's best games for us were at LM (before he lost some pace).

If we're going by best performances then Traore (at chelsea) and Arbeloa (against Barca) put in the two best LB performances over the period.

I was just really mentioning Cisse's performance to illustrate our problems on the left during the last decades.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How can you choose finnan over babbel? Babbel in the treble year was EASILY the best right back in the premiership. Finnan was good but babbel was world class.

Riise was clearly one of the best left backs in the league at his peak but Lars Christopher Vilsvik has the potential to be the best full back of all time and Jonathan Parr is even better. Also, Tore Andre Flo, Erik Husklepp and John Carew are the three best strikers ever. Brede Hangeland is the best defender and Pederson is the best midfielder in the world.

Oh I can't forget Henning Hauger! Norway are clearly the best team of all time, so I'm glad we can all agree on that.

The issue is he's shot to pieces yet has still started 7 of the last 8 games while a quality youngster sits on his arse.

You've got to stop thinking any criticism of Carragher is due to love of Benitez, it's wrong and I'm cringing a bit for you really.

Coates has made just as many mistakes as Carra this season?

I think that's a bone of contention for a lot of people. Particulary with the likes of Raheem Sterling. We are/have been strugling with a lack of pace in wide midfield positions for some time. I personally think the past few weeks would have been the ideal opportunity to have given him a couple of starts. Kenny's blooded youngsters before, and I'm sure his reasoning is more to do with introducing the likes of Sterling at the right time for the club and the player. I also thought Jack Robinson was fantastic last season, and we'd have seen more of him this year. Again just my opinion.

Yeah.

I remember a load of wankers waking over Pacheco/Nemeth not long ago as well and demanding as to why they werent in the team

A poor if not unexpected response. Try tackling the argument on its merits, without recourse to Mr kuyt.

Please refer to my earlier post about the merits of Carragher in terms of his future role in the team. If you are seriously arguing that players should have retrospective salary reviews based on their recent contribution to the team, then you are doolally. Though if you're arguing that if Dalglish feels any player cannot contribute, or brings no value to the squad, he should get rid of them, I agree.

As what is good for the goose is good for the gander, my point re Kuyt is absolutely relevant. There is no way he has put in performances commensurate with his salary over the last few years. So, unless you're being hypocritical, which let's face it is hardly unchartered territory for you, then can't really argue the point.

Of course you are. The problem is though it's not simply about the player. It's not that Carra isn't good enough AT ALL. It's that he's not good enough for the games and situations he's being picked for. It's part of a broader issue that for a team that is supposedly going to reinvent itself through youth KK has been remarkably unimaginative in handling the integration of youth into the team. Layer that on top of the fact that for some reason he thinks breaking up the best central defensive partnership in the premier league is a good idea and you see that bigger questions need to be asked.

To be fair to Kenny,the break up of our best central defensive pair was enforced rather than choice.

I agree that Coates should have been included a lot more as he is a help from an attacking standpoint from set pieces too.

get you. I am not sure what you think my agenda is here. Let me try to spell this out in the simplest terms possible....

* I have the greatest respect for Carragher, but I think his time as first choice player is over.

* If he gets picked instead of Coates in the remaining league games, I'll be disappointed, as it would seem the ideal time to be giving Coates game time.

* I hope Agger and Skrtel are the CB pairing for the final - as long as Enrique as rediscovered how to be a left back.*

I am frustrated that Maxi has not played a lot more, particularly when those selected play as consistently badly as they have. I'll be disappointed to see him go.

* Kenny has made lots of poor decisions this season - I'm hopeful (but not 100% confident) that he can turn things around.

Hope that clears things up for you.

Re the part in bold, would you play the same back 4 as the semi if Enrique is out of form or would you play Kelly RB Johnson LB with Agger & Skrtel CBs? Genuine question.

Riera over Kewell.

Aurelio over Riise, in terms of quality, injuries aside.

Johnson over Finnan.

Hamann over Mascherano. I think.

Where's Lucas? *weeps*