You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Do you think we might be able to tempt Scott Dann and Roger Johnson to reprise their successful Brum partnership at Anfield when Agger & Skrtel leave for better clubs?

Not sure but it's got to be worth a bid.

People were clamouring for Dann last summer. Lordy.

We might be able to secure his signature to replace one of the aforementioned this time around. Coates clearly isn't fancied, but even if there isn't enough cash to sign Johnson as well, Dann and Carragher would be a formidable partnership.

Dreading our Summer business. Skrtel rumors starting. We apparently want rid of Johnson because he's paid too much. Maxi already gone. Kuyt will follow, which will leave some job replacing the goals they've scored over the last few seasons.

and we're expecting Kenny to sort these problems out? With fuck all to spend?

So this is what mid-table feels like.

Were did you hear about us wanting rid of Johnson?

I'll bloody give up its that true,if it is sounds like another bunch of chances have fit there greasy fingers into the club.

Screams of cost cutting and trying to do things on the cheap.

chris baird is out of contract at fulham i think, could replace the citeh-bound lucas and gary caldwell who had had a great season at wigan would be a good replacement for citeh-bound skrtel

pity we are selling the only two players who performed for us this season though

I really do hope we change this current transfer policy of buying mainly British players. Its no coincidence that we started with this policy around 2007/2008 and since then our transfers have been mostly disastrous. I really hope we start looking at the French and Dutch leagues for players instead of lower premier league clubs.

We also need to get someone on board who actually has a clue about football, because our club has been the blind leading the blind with Comolli telling FSG what they should do when he was seemingly clueless himself. Now I don't even know who's making the decisions regarding Kenny's future and our future transfer policy.

I'd like McCarthy of Wigan, Hoilett and Luke De Jong for a start. All very good players with a very bright future. A really really top winger on top of that lot and I'd be made up. If Skrtel leaves, I'd obviously like a replacement but I would like Coates to have a bigger role next season regardless of whether he stays.

Alot of world class players would still come to us, but I doubt we'll have the cash to get 2-3 of them, hence I think the players mentioned are more realistic with one marqee signing.

We need two wingers, striker, creative midfielder and defensive midfielder prodigy or old timer to cover whilst scouting the next Lucas. We also need a utility player who can cover two or more positions.

Unfortunately this will not happen whilst the faith is kept in Henderson, Spearing and Downing.

It remains to be seen if Gerrard has got past is injuries from this season so my assumption is that he will need to be treated with kid gloves.

Shelvey should make more of a claim for 1st team action.

Sterling should also see more 1st team action next season.

With Lucas back and hopefully quickly back to his best a young prodigy to cover him and gain experience through the cups would be ace.

We need another LW and RW who will be 1st teamers with Sterling, Bellamy and Downing as cover (if we still have Downing).

Up front we need someone who can play with a target man or center forward who doesn't need 5 chances to score a goal.

We need to buy players with confidence, a bit of arrogance and swagger fit enough to be able to handle the pressure to play for our club, they need to have the right mentality and as such needed to be tested through the recruitment strategy. We got 3 players last season who struggled with confidence.

Some of the players we have been linked with seem to fit the bill somewhat i,e

De Jong

Eriksen

Afellay

Gattuso

Johnson

Boudebouz

Javi Martinez

Zaha

Jackson Martinez