You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Skrtel is under contract id make him stay another year whether he's pining for the big bucks or instant success or not. Fucking footballers.

Seeing as he was our best player last year (along with Luis), and has been pretty decent since arriving here - I'd think giving him a new contract on better terms is quite reasonable.

Seeing as he was our best player last year (along with Luis), and has been pretty decent since arriving here - I'd think giving him a new contract on better terms is quite reasonable.

Why though, he's under contract already we payed him handsomely to perform to his best level now he achieves it he can demand more money. Fine if his contract says we will give you a raise every year if your performances are top notch. If its just two years left on his contract then fine let's talk if it's more than that fuck him.

Rodgers confusion regarding some of our dealing (or non-dealing) in the transfer market strike me as a bit "director of footballish".

Doesnt strike me as the total control he was stating in his opening gambits.

Hope Im wrong or we could be heading for a bit of a mess. Again.

First Carroll can go on loan, then he cant. You can buy Demspsey shirts in the states and our owners are telling the world we've got him the we get a firm denial by Fulham.

It strikes me that almost all the deals are hingeing on Carroll shifting his once considerable arse back to Geordie land.

Rodgers confusion regarding some of our dealing (or non-dealing) in the transfer market strike me as a bit "director of footballish".

Doesnt strike me as the total control he was stating in his opening gambits.

Hope Im wrong or we could be heading for a bit of a mess. Again.

First Carroll can go on loan, then he cant. You can buy Demspsey shirts in the states and our owners are telling the world we've got him the we get a firm denial by Fulham.

It strikes me that almost all the deals are hingeing on Carroll shifting his once considerable arse back to Geordie land.

On reflection, it would strike me as an over use of the term "strike me"

Thought Id get in there first.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed his interest in Swansea midfielder Joe Allen but claims no negotiations are taking place.

Sky Sports | Football News

A bit of a strange thing to say in the circumstances.

Maybe his words have been twisted or taken out of context but, for a manager who doesn't talk about other team's players, he sure talks a lot about other team's players.

Yes. Good prospect but little more than that at this stage. Certainly wouldn't want to start the season with him as one of the first two choices. It's not even ideal having him as 3rd.

Why not? If he's good enough for the Uruguayan national team then he should be more than good enough for the Prem.

Valencia are going after Real Madrid's Fernando Gago, who was on loan to Roma last season. Just speculation, but is it with a view to replacing Ever Banega? Banega spent a fair while out injured last year, and either needs a bit more time to get back to full fitness (in which case they want a replacement), or Valencia are looking to cash in (in which case they want a replacement). I bet this is how all those bollocks Twitter rumours start.

Why not? If he's good enough for the Uruguayan national team then he should be more than good enough for the Prem.

He's made less than ten appearances for Uruguay and even less premiership ones. He showed last season that there's mistakes in him, at least until he gets to grips with the league.

You don't depend on young centre backs like that unless you've got no ambition and can afford to drop points from their inevitable mistakes.

In an ideal world he'd be loaned to another premiership team for a year, where he can learn the league in a less pressured situation.

Yes. Good prospect but little more than that at this stage. Certainly wouldn't want to start the season with him as one of the first two choices. It's not even ideal having him as 3rd.

a regular in Uruguay's Copa America winning team is not ideal for our 3rd choice? it was a joke that he didn't get more of a chance last season when Carra was playing piss poor

That may be so, but United were firmly in the CL places! That's the crux of it all in the short term, get into the CL again. Fuck me we miss that money.

Obviously, the more money and 'pull' you have, the more you can upgrade your fringe players. We have Charlie Adam in the squad, whereas City have James Milner. We had Kuyt whereas City had Johnson. We had Bellamy whereas City had Dzeko.

But that's not the only way to do it, City got it wrong, they paid too much!

Dzeko for £30m or Papis Cisse for £8m?

Milner for £24m or Oxlade Chamberlain for £12m?

Johnson for £8m or Ben Arfa for £5m?

You could match Man City for a fraction of the price if you got your transfers right. This is why I'd pay a top scout the same as I'd pay a top striker, you have to, the scouts are what will make and break a manager.

I bet there are no scouts who get paid in a year what some top players get in a week.