You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I've no choice but to stand back and watch as he makes a cock up of this season, everyone starts calling for his head and he finally gets the boot. Unfortunately this cycle will just be repeqted under this board. A board living off the fact they're not hicks and Gillette.

Or if by give him a chance, you mean pretend he's not out of his depth, that Dempsey and the other shite he wants to buy is good enough, then no.

Can't wait for 2013/14 season. By then those cunts might have just stumbled on a decent manager. Doubtful though, since they want decent budgets to work with.

Do you have dementia?

I went back and watched.a lot of swanseas games to get a view on how they actually played.

I wasn't happy with going with whatever the media wrote about him, like some seem so content to do. Fucking sheep that they are.

Your one extremely sad mother or your just a big billy bullshitter!

Either way some of your ridiculous naive posting has got me to make an effort and post myself for the first time in a long time. Your hoarseshit is giving me eye aids!

I should know better and ignore 12 year olds, however my 6 year son has more common sense than you.

He deserves the same support the last mid table manager that was appointed by a board that knew fuck all about football got.

It's a shame that just like Hodgson, who btw has done a fucking hell of a lot more in the game than this fool, he's going to wast large sums on unflushable shite.

Fuck me! What do You eat for breakfast?

That group of distinctly 'normal' city players cost them close to £100m but I do understand your overall point. The thing is Utd might have ran them close last season but I'm not sure they'll do it again this season and I also think with a better manager City would and should have been streets ahead given the talent they have on hand.

That may be so, but United were firmly in the CL places! That's the crux of it all in the short term, get into the CL again. Fuck me we miss that money.

Obviously, the more money and 'pull' you have, the more you can upgrade your fringe players. We have Charlie Adam in the squad, whereas City have James Milner. We had Kuyt whereas City had Johnson. We had Bellamy whereas City had Dzeko.

But that's not the only way to do it, City got it wrong, they paid too much!

Dzeko for £30m or Papis Cisse for £8m?

Milner for £24m or Oxlade Chamberlain for £12m?

Johnson for £8m or Ben Arfa for £5m?

You could match Man City for a fraction of the price if you got your transfers right. This is why I'd pay a top scout the same as I'd pay a top striker, you have to, the scouts are what will make and break a manager.

Guest ShoePiss
I've no choice but to stand back and watch as he makes a cock up of this season, everyone starts calling for his head and he finally gets the boot. Unfortunately this cycle will just be repeqted under this board. A board living off the fact they're not hicks and Gillette.

Or if by give him a chance, you mean pretend he's not out of his depth, that Dempsey and the other shite he wants to buy is good enough, then no.

Can't wait for 2013/14 season. By then those cunts might have just stumbled on a decent manager. Doubtful though, since they want decent budgets to work with.

How can you say he's out of his depth before you've even seen any of his work with our team? It's not like he's been at a big club before and failed like turkeyneck.

He's an unknown quantity really, he wasn't my first choice but I still can't wait for the season to start. I'm looking forward to seeing how he has us playing, hopeful he can get the best out of the players we have and that the new signings are successful ones. There's a bit of blind faith involved but fuck it, it's surely better than where you are right now.

So FSG gauge the mood of the crowd and make their decisions based on that. Is that what you are saying, Coro?

And are you assuming 'fans like me' wanted Kenny sacked?

The supporters wanted Hodgson sacked and Dalglish appointed. The owners duly obliged and everyone went 'ahhh, look, they're such wonderful owners. Did you know they won the world series with Boston in their first year at the club? Incredible!'

Then Torres handed in a transfer request. 50m bought FSG even more time. 'Wow, these guys are loaded.'

Imagine the culture being a little different in this country and the manager isn't the primary focus when things aren't going well. Imagine if the media in this country asked just as many questions about those running the club.

But why go into such depth though when the easy story is with the manager, the character we all know and can in some way identify with. That's what's preferred in this country. So the easy money is in blaming the manager and most football supporters follow suit. Obviously all this plays into the hands of the men in suits cashing the cheques. Their incompetence is well shielded.

5 years later FSG have made their profit and sold up, the fans are still waiting for a league title and probably a new stadium. In comes another set of owners with the same old promises, the whole process starts anew.

How can you say he's out of his depth before you've even seen any of his work with our team? It's not like he's been at a big club before and failed like turkeyneck.

He's an unknown quantity really, he wasn't my first choice but I still can't wait for the season to start. I'm looking forward to seeing how he has us playing, hopeful he can get the best out of the players we have and that the new signings are successful ones. There's a bit of blind faith involved but fuck it, it's surely better than where you are right now.

Might as well start plucking players from the championship then. They're unknown after all. They might do well.

Likelihood is though, they'll be championship quality way out of their depth.

Rodgers has shown nothing in his career to date that he can handle the step up and has shown plenty that he won't. The unwillingness, sheer stubbornness or just not being able to change his shit system last season, being the most worrying.

Guest ShoePiss
That may be so, but United were firmly in the CL places! That's the crux of it all in the short term, get into the CL again. Fuck me we miss that money.

Obviously, the more money and 'pull' you have, the more you can upgrade your fringe players. We have Charlie Adam in the squad, whereas City have James Milner. We had Kuyt whereas City had Johnson. We had Bellamy whereas City had Dzeko.

But that's not the only way to do it, City got it wrong, they paid too much!

Dzeko for £30m or Papis Cisse for £8m?

Milner for £24m or Oxlade Chamberlain for £12m?

Johnson for £8m or Ben Arfa for £5m?

You could match Man City for a fraction of the price if you got your transfers right. This is why I'd pay a top scout the same as I'd pay a top striker, you have to, the scouts are what will make and break a manager.

There isn't a scout or manager on earth that would be able to get every transfer right never mind at a fraction of the price.

Guest ShoePiss
Might as well start plucking players from the championship then. They're unknown after all. They might do well.

Likelihood is though, they'll be championship quality way out of their depth.

Rodgers has shown nothing in his career to date that he can handle the step up and has shown plenty that he won't. The unwillingness, sheer stubbornness or just not being able to change his shit system last season, being the most worrying.

Ok. I think I wanted to steer you towards some positivity for your own sake if not the rest of the forum but I think you're a lost cause mate. I'm going to look forward to the season and comment as it unfolds.

Ok. I think I wanted to steer you towards some positivity for your own sake if not the rest of the forum but I think you're a lost cause mate. I'm going to look forward to the season and comment as it unfolds.

The blind faith, calling for his head and his signings cunts By December routine. Like a dog chasing its tail.

Guest ShoePiss
The blind faith, calling for his head and his signings cunts routine. Like a dog chasing its tail.

No, more like giving the man and the players a chance.

Guest davelfc

You wouldn't be human if you didn't have some reservations, concerns or worries with the coming season. We have a new manager, one who still has a lot to prove. It's going to be interesting and hopefully the huge risk FSG have taken will pay off.

I don't get the extremes of feelings, the happy clappy twats are as bad as the doom and gloom merchants. Maybe football isn't for these people, it's a sport that brings great joy and pain, if you're not able to properly control these feelings or even know how to use them, try watching cricket.

So the easy money is in blaming the manager and most football supporters follow suit.

So, in your view, 'most' Liverpool supporters took the lead off FSG and wanted Dalglish sacked as a consequence? No capability to think independently and come to their own conclusions? Just all follow the leader? Would you accept that what you have said there is a massive, and somewhat naive, generalisation?

But, do you not think there was any case for sacking Dalglish at all? Was it completely unjust in your view?

So, in your view, 'most' Liverpool supporters took the lead off FSG and wanted Dalglish sacked as a consequence? No capability to think independently and come to their own conclusions? Just all follow the leader? Would you accept that what you have said there is a massive, and somewhat naive, generalisation?

But, do you not think there was any case for sacking Dalglish at all? Was it completely unjust in your view?

I'd call it naive if i'd said it how you've read it.

Not FSG, the media. The culture in this country is to blame the manager. Ask yourself why that is. Seeing as you're so full of questions today, that shouldn't be a problem.

If Dalglish wasn't their preferred choice as manager that's fair enough but they shouldn't try and dress the decision up as something it's not.

There isn't a scout or manager on earth that would be able to get every transfer right never mind at a fraction of the price.

True, but I suspect the more you pay for a scout then the better number of quality players are brought to the attention of the manager.

It's not funny what has happened at Newcastle compared with what happened to us in the transfer market. That's not right, someone is fucking up on our side and someone is doing something right on their side.

I'd call it naive if i'd said it how you've read it.

Not FSG, the media. The culture in this country is to blame the manager. Ask yourself why that is. Seeing as you're so full of questions today, that shouldn't be a problem.

If Dalglish wasn't their preferred choice as manager that's fair enough but they shouldn't try and dress the decision up as something it's not.

So 'most' Liverpool fans follow the lead of the media? No independent thought?

I'll ask it again though: do you not think there was any case at all for sacking Dalglish? Was it completely unjust in your view?

You have to sit back and give him a chance. Despite all of our reservations, you really do.

But. This is FSG's big play. They'd better have hope they got it right. Because by god if they havent...

Rodgers wasn't my first choice and though I like a lot of what he says, I have major reservations about the type of football he wants to play. If we sign Dempsey for anything like £10m, I wont be feeling very positive going into the new season.

Borini £8m

Dempsey £11m

Allen £15m

If that is seriously the way to get us into the top four then I dispair. Two good prospects (and nothing more) and an aged, decent AM (who will never be better than Steven Gerrard) isn't a great way to spend money. Our club seems to have some kind of phobia of real wingers - but i'm hoping the lack of one this year means that Sterling will be a major player.

Guest ShoePiss
You wouldn't be human if you didn't have some reservations, concerns or worries with the coming season. We have a new manager, one who still has a lot to prove. It's going to be interesting and hopefully the huge risk FSG have taken will pay off.

I don't get the extremes of feelings, the happy clappy twats are as bad as the doom and gloom merchants. Maybe football isn't for these people, it's a sport that brings great joy and pain, if you're not able to properly control these feelings or even know how to use them, try watching cricket.

The vast majority are cautiously optimistic fortunately.