You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

He's made less than ten appearances for Uruguay and even less premiership ones. He showed last season that there's mistakes in him, at least until he gets to grips with the league.

You don't depend on young centre backs like that unless you've got no ambition and can afford to drop points from their inevitable mistakes.

In an ideal world he'd be loaned to another premiership team for a year, where he can learn the league in a less pressured situation.

Enough said:

[YOUTUBE]1sBcLRqtqiE[/YOUTUBE]

He's made less than ten appearances for Uruguay and even less premiership ones. He showed last season that there's mistakes in him, at least until he gets to grips with the league.

You don't depend on young centre backs like that unless you've got no ambition and can afford to drop points from their inevitable mistakes.

In an ideal world he'd be loaned to another premiership team for a year, where he can learn the league in a less pressured situation.

Didn't he win young player of the tournament for Uruguay? There are people screaming for us to buy the likes of Hazard, De Jong etc but all are unproven/not shone at international level, so what's wrong with trying someone who's (to a small extent) proved he's good enough at national level and hasn't been to bad at club level. He'd have Agger next to him to help him through.

Didn't he win young player of the tournament for Uruguay? There are people screaming for us to buy the likes of Hazard, De Jong etc but all are unproven/not shone at international level, so what's wrong with trying someone who's (to a small extent) proved he's good enough at national level and hasn't been to bad at club level. He'd have Agger next to him to help him through.

Would you lay off him.

Special people deserve special treatment.

Why though, he's under contract already we payed him handsomely to perform to his best level now he achieves it he can demand more money. Fine if his contract says we will give you a raise every year if your performances are top notch. If its just two years left on his contract then fine let's talk if it's more than that fuck him.

You seem to know what he earns. What does he currently get paid?

When you look left and see Carra earning more than you, despite you out performing him constantly and being wanted by the PL champions, you'll probably start to wonder. I would.

Nah, just want to know why he doesn't rate one of our most promising talents?

Now you're making things up. What part of good prospect makes you think I don't rate him?

You don't start the season with young centre backs to be depended on, unless you're going to be able to put up with the inevitable mistakes they will make. Smaller clubs can do this, but of you've got any ambition (which is doubtful with our targets and manager right enough) then you just can't do it.

Coates may one day be good to be a regular but right now he's nowhere near that level.

They only depending on those three cause of injuries. And I suspect you know it.

They knew Ferdinand would get injuries, he gets loads. So they'd have known that both players would have to play quite a few games.

I do agree though that if either Skrtel or Agger got sold they'd certainly need replacing, but I think we'll see a decent amount of Coates whatever happens.

Would you currently have Coates or Carragher as 3rd choice CB?

Now you're making things up. What part of good prospect makes you think I don't rate him?

You don't start the season with young centre backs to be depended on, unless you're going to be able to put up with the inevitable mistakes they will make. Smaller clubs can do this, but of you've got any ambition (which is doubtful with our targets and manager right enough) then you just can't do it.

Coates may one day be good to be a regular but right now he's nowhere near that level.

Alan Hansen was a starter in his second for us after sporadically featuring in his first season at the age of 21/22. Then again, nothing came of that.

They knew Ferdinand would get injuries, he gets loads. So they'd have known that both players would have to play quite a few games.

I do agree though that if either Skrtel or Agger got sold they'd certainly need replacing, but I think we'll see a decent amount of Coates whatever happens.

Would you currently have Coates or Carragher as 3rd choice CB?

Don't know tbh. Carraghers form dipped to an unacceptable level last season, then again so did quite a few other players who'll start the season as regulars. Reina being the biggest culprit.

Ideally Coates would be off to some premiership club to get first team football for a year but I doubt we've got the money to cover that.

Danny Wilson innit...

Agger, Carragher, Skrtel, Kelly, Coates

Possibly Wisdom.

I think we need two or three new centre backs.

dont rate wilson at all.

i like coates. hopefully he gets more game time this season.

Enough said:

[YOUTUBE]1sBcLRqtqiE[/YOUTUBE]

Hahaha The response "enough said" and the music is like a cool dude with an afro being held back by a head band, one foot in front of the other, hand on his mid section rocking back and forth saying "I told you bitch"

Hoilett would be worth a gamble. At 21 if it goes wrong you can sell him for £5m in a years time. Out of contract too, so fee would be decided by a tribunal.

Shame he's agreed a move to QPR - where if he does well, no doubt we'll be linked with him next year for £16m. I don't see the sense in letting players like this go personally, he's clearly good enough for the Premiership so its virtually no risk - yet we'd prefer to sign a 29 year old for £10m. Strange goings on.