You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

If the decision to sack Dalglish was down to purely footballing reasons then who was making this decision?

The owners? Their knowledge of the game limited at best.

Ayre? haha

They'd already sacked Comolli so obviously not him.

The 'mysterious advisor'?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If the decision to sack Dalglish was down to purely footballing reasons then who was making this decision?

You're going to have to get over his sacking at some point, Coro. You can fart and fumble your way through posts, saying everybody but you is ignorant, but you're just going to have to get over the fact that Kenny did really poorly in the league, spend a lot of money on players who weren't worth the money and that he has been sacked. There's very little point in clogging up transfer threads with talk of Kenny's sacking, he's no longer the manager and this won't bring him back. Rightly or wrongly, he's not here anymore.

Championship manager that punched above his weight in mid table for one season, with shit boring defensive counter attacking football, takes to long to type.

How many games have you seen a Rodgers side play?

I am not trying to defend Rodgers or even contradict your view of him. I just want to see whether your view in based on anything.

You're going to have to get over his sacking at some point, Coro.

You've not many cheap tactics but the ones you have you stand loyal to.

I'm more concerned about the managerial position itself.

Just like I was back in 2010.

We've been over this before but still it remains beyond you.

How many games have you seen a Rodgers side play?

I am not trying to defend Rodgers or even contradict your view of him. I just want to see whether your view in based on anything.

I went back and watched.a lot of swanseas games to get a view on how they actually played.

I wasn't happy with going with whatever the media wrote about him, like some seem so content to do. Fucking sheep that they are.

The owners? Their knowledge of the game limited at best.

Ayre? haha

They'd already sacked Comolli so obviously not him.

The 'mysterious advisor'?

Yep, there is an argument for letting Dalglish have another season, but surely you can see the football reasons for letting him go?

It wasn't that outlandish a decision to sack KK, no matter who made it and how they came to it.

Yep, there is an argument for letting Dalglish have another season, but surely you can see the football reasons for letting him go?

It wasn't that outlandish a decision to sack KK, no matter who made it and how they came to it.

Those who did make the decision rely on 'fans' such as yourself.

Observers who will mainly ignore context in order to prop up such decisions.

A bit like how Ian Ayre is heavily reliant on the fact most people blame Suarez, Evra, Dalglish, Ferguson or the FA for that whole fiasco back in January.

Would anyone have batted an eyelid if you heard a few months ago that Swansea were going for Dempseŷ and Borini this summer and offering Allen a new contract.

Mid table manager still in mid table mode.

Would you have batted an eyelid if Swansea had signed Downing or Henderson or Adam?

I think you really have a slippery grasp of football, and this notion that you need a team of £30m players in every position in order to win things. Man City won the league with distinctly 'normal' players in some positions, like Barry, Milner, Johnson, Lescott, Clichy, Richards, Zabaleta, and even De Jong is underwhelming as a player.

United ran them close with World Class talents like Phil Jones, Carrick, Johnny Evans, Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young, Danny Welbeck, it's hardly Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Tello and Alexis Sanchez.

We have our jewels, we have Gerrard and Suarez, just like United have Rooney and Nani. The difference is the calibre of players you put around them, and we fucked up with Downing, Henderson, Kuyt, and Carroll. Whereas United didn't. Dempsey and Borini will hopefully be our equivalent of Hernandez and Young, I don't think that's too big a leap to make, even for you, surely?

Yes, we'd love another attacking superstar, but let's get the basics right first. A good half to the season, in the fight for CL football, and who knows what business we might do in January when players realise that we're not as bad as last season suggested.

I actually don't believe you.

If you were that interested and that unconvinced by Rodgers to watch 22 Swansea games from last season, you would be coming up with - and would be interested in - cogent and coherent football arguments about him rather than repeating 'he's a midtable manager' ad nauseum.

Would you have batted an eyelid if Swansea had signed Downing or Henderson or Adam?

I think you really have a slippery grasp of football, and this notion that you need a team of £30m players in every position in order to win things. Man City won the league with distinctly 'normal' players in some positions, like Barry, Milner, Johnson, Lescott, Clichy, Richards, Zabaleta, and even De Jong is underwhelming as a player.

United ran them close with World Class talents like Phil Jones, Carrick, Johnny Evans, Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young, Danny Welbeck, it's hardly Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Tello and Alexis Sanchez.

We have our jewels, we have Gerrard and Suarez, just like United have Rooney and Nani. The difference is the calibre of players you put around them, and we fucked up with Downing, Henderson, Kuyt, and Carroll. Whereas United didn't. Dempsey and Borini will hopefully be our equivalent of Hernandez and Young, I don't think that's too big a leap to make, even for you, surely?

Yes, we'd love another attacking superstar, but let's get the basics right first. A good half to the season, in the fight for CL football, and who knows what business we might do in January when players realise that we're not as bad as last season suggested.

Ah it's ok he buys shite players, we've got our good ones.

Is there any excuses that won't be made for this shit manager? A man appointed by a board that know fuck all about football, on the back of media guff and you fucking sheep want to misguidedly support him into hammering the final nail into Liverpool becoming a mid table side.

It'll no doubt get ugly once the sheep wake up and realise all is not what it seems.

Another 'signing' we made was Raheem Sterling, although people are forgetting this. He'll be among the first team, so for me he counts as another player we didnt have last season.

Joe Cole. I'm sorry, but he'd have to count as well, and is he really any worse than Tom Cleverly or Anderson?

The Mancs have pulled an ace out of the bag with Kagawa though, this is the type of signing we need but is very hard to pull off when players see how far behind we've fallen in the last two years.

Ah it's ok he buys shite players, we've got our good ones.

Is there any excuses that won't be made for this shit manager? A man appointed by a board that know fuck all about football, on the back of media guff and you fucking sheep want to misguidedly support him into hammering the final nail into Liverpool becoming a mid table side.

It'll no doubt get ugly once the sheep wake up and realise all is not what it seems.

You're obviously trolling. Carry on, I'm listening, I just like to shut my eyes when I'm listening, and going on other threads, but I'm still listening.

Guest ShoePiss

That group of distinctly 'normal' city players cost them close to £100m but I do understand your overall point. The thing is Utd might have ran them close last season but I'm not sure they'll do it again this season and I also think with a better manager City would and should have been streets ahead given the talent they have on hand.

So you believe you shouldn't support a Liverpool manager who is yet to fire a shot in anger for the club?

Will you be protesting?

He deserves the same support the last mid table manager that was appointed by a board that knew fuck all about football got.

It's a shame that just like Hodgson, who btw has done a fucking hell of a lot more in the game than this fool, he's going to wast large sums on unflushable shite.

He deserves the same support the last mid table manager that was appointed by a board that knew fuck all about football got.

It's a shame that just like Hodgson, who btw has done a fucking hell of a lot more in the game than this fool, he's going to wast large sums on unflushable shite.

So Hodgson>Rodgers in your opinion?

Guest ShoePiss
So you believe you shouldn't support a Liverpool manager who is yet to fire a shot in anger for the club?

Will you be protesting?

Don't use that as some kind of piss take, there was a real need for people to do that back in the cancer and aids days.

Guest ShoePiss

Just give him a chance, you don't have much to lose doing that.

I think he doth protesteth.

He wanted Fabio Capello, and then he wanted us to get Walcott on one wing, with Hazard on the other wing, and a strike force of Carroll and Pato, with Gerrard in the middle with De Rossi. And we could have funded all that if we sold Aquilani, Cole, Henderson, Downing and Maxi for £20m each, or something.

He's watched a couple of Swansea games you know. You'll have to get up pretty early to catch this lad out.

Just give him a chance, you don't have much to lose doing that.

I've no choice but to stand back and watch as he makes a cock up of this season, everyone starts calling for his head and he finally gets the boot. Unfortunately this cycle will just be repeqted under this board. A board living off the fact they're not hicks and Gillette.

Or if by give him a chance, you mean pretend he's not out of his depth, that Dempsey and the other shite he wants to buy is good enough, then no.

Can't wait for 2013/14 season. By then those cunts might have just stumbled on a decent manager. Doubtful though, since they want decent budgets to work with.