You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I refuse to believe on any level that we will get Damiao if only because I don't want my hopes crushed. I reckon he would be brilliant for us.

Call me picky but on some level you are believing he will come because you think he would be brilliant. I fear you have a crushing in store around 11 pm !

Call me picky but on some level you are believing he will come because you think he would be brilliant. I fear you have a crushing in store around 11 pm !

No, I'm believing he won't come because I think he would be brilliant and we never ever sign players I really want us to sign.

Transfer windows of recent years have taught me to never expect anything good to happen, if only because it lessens the blow when we unveil Carlton Cole and Emile Heskey tonight.

I've got a shitty gut feeling we will shift out some more fringe players but fail to get the ones we really want.

I'm not too keen on having Dempsey either, I thought the FSG ethos was to bring in young, hungry players. Dempsey doesn't really meet that criteria at all.

Not sure if it's 8 or 9 players we have shifted on so far this window but I really would like to see a good, natural striker coming in.

We've trimmed the squad so much now that any less than two players will make this a poor window. In an ideal world, it'd be three players even.

The first XI will have improved slightly but not in our most pressing area and the squad has been severely weakened.

Pretty sure we have already signed 4 players!

Borini for Kuyt

Allen for Spearing

Sahin for Adam

Ousamma for Maxi

which leaves

Caroll ?

Bellamy ?

Although you can easily argue that Sterling has replaced Bellamy.

Since 3 of the players leaving, Joe Cole, Aquilani and Pacheco did not play for us last season.

That doesn't seem to be severely weakened to me!

Borini for Kuyt

Allen for Spearing

Sahin for Adam

Ousamma for Maxi

which leaves

Caroll ?

Bellamy ?

Since 3 of the players leaving, Joe Cole, Aquilani and Pacheco did not play for us last season.

You keep apologising for FSG all you like. The manager himself admitted last week that the squad was weak and we needed a few in. Since then Adam, Carroll and Spearing have left.

Hopefully he speaks out on their lack of Investment if we don't make at least two good signings today.

Borini for Kuyt

Allen for Spearing

Sahin for Adam

Ousamma for Maxi

which leaves

Caroll ?

Bellamy ?

Are formation as changed from 4-4-2, to 4-3-3, which means we need more players upfront.

You could also say, Downing as replaced Aurelio.

Sami Mokbel ‏@SamiMokbel81_DM

#lfc gawped at Damiao wages. Looking unlikely. But told still a small chance.

Haha, no surprise there then.

No suprise? Damiao plays in Brazil. I really doubt he earns that much. Are they expecting to sign players with zero wages?

You keep apologising for FSG all you like. The manager himself admitted last week that the squad was weak and we needed a few in. Since then Adam, Carroll and Spearing have left.

Hopefully he speaks out on their lack of Investment if we don't make at least two good signings today.

You call it apologising, I don't.

The reason why the squad was weak was because Adam, Caroll and Spearing are a pile of shite who were going to contribute the square root of fuck all. They have now gone, and will hopefully be replaced.

Are formation as changed from 4-4-2, to 4-3-3, which means we need more players upfront.

You could also say, Downing as replaced Aurelio.

You could also point out that we need less in midfield and Aquilani, Maxi, Adam and Spearing where midfielders!

We will bring in Dempsey and hopefully another.

And then everyone can move onto something else that FSG and Rodgers are doing wrong.

No suprise? Damiao plays in Brazil. I really doubt he earns that much. Are they expecting to sign players with zero wages?

I meant its no surprise that FSG are not willing to pay what he earns. As they only seem interested in cutting the wage bill further and further. The fact we've got rid of 5 pretty high earners in this window and have only brought in 2 younger players and one high earning player on loan yet we are still complaining about someone's wage demands doesn't surprise me.

Excuse in already

Tony Barrett‏@TonyBarretTimes

Rodgers: "It's very difficult to get deals done at this stage. As a manager, the earlier you can get things done the better."

25s Tony Barrett‏@TonyBarretTimes

Rodgers: "In the current climate it is difficult but I love being here and I'm used to working with limited resources."

Lying cunt, covering FSG's arses like that! Nothing more than a yes man, no wonder they appointed him.

But you are saying that the team is not weakened. Only a few days ago Rodgers said that we were terribly short in numbers especially upfront. Since then we've lost another 3/4 players among them Carroll on loan. Is he lying about the team being short in numbers? You seem to dismiss what Rodgers actually says.