You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just over a week ago we played really well against them, yet somehow ended up on the wrong end of a 3-0 beating.

I hope we go with our strongest possible team for this one, I think City are there for the taking with the likes of Kompany and Yaya Toure missing.

Reina

Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique

Spearing Henderson

Bellamy Gerrard Maxi

Carroll

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reina

Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique

Spearing Henderson

Bellamy Gerrard Maxi

Carroll

I'd go with that team as well.

Henderosn or Adam is a toss of the coin, think Henderson is in slightly better form though.

I thought both Yaya and his brother were denied special dispensation and had to report for the ANC. Anyway, that's what last read on the subject. They could always appear for the second leg I supposed. Also, isn't Balotelli out injured? I'd also be surprised if the FA overturned the Kompany red card since, after all, it was two-footed and he's not English/Wayne Rooney.

I thought both Yaya and his brother were denied special dispensation and had to report for the ANC. Anyway, that's what last read on the subject. They could always appear for the second leg I supposed. Also, isn't Balotelli out injured? I'd also be surprised if the FA overturned the Kompany red card since, after all, it was two-footed and he's not English/Wayne Rooney.

also only a week or two ago, wolves lost their appeal despite it being a much clearer case of a wrong decision.

so would look bad even for the Ferguson Association to overturn kompany red card

No way will they overturn card as it will go against all the wrong they have been putting in to the mind of referees. Big game, need to set it up well for Anfield. Don't think we will go to attack minded for that reason, need to be careful of their speed of passing and movement though.

I would go,

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Spearing

Gerrard Hendo

Downing bellers

Carroll

I'd be very surprised if Kompany's red card is rescinded. There was no way it was a red, but the FA have failed to overturn far more innocuous reds than that over the years. Be made up if Silva's out as well.

Front three of Carroll, Maxi and Bellamy with Gerrard in behind and I fancy us to cause them a few problems.

Really can't wait for this. Gutted I had to give up my ticket for it.

BBC saying they are still awaiting Kompany decision and they are 'likely' to be without Ballotelli, Silva & Dzeko & that both Toure's are out.

However, the 'fit in time to face Liverpool' line but be one of the oldest and most used journalist lines in history!

And lets face it, they'll still have a decent side out tomorrow night as well whatever happens. Assume Zabaleta would play RB with Richards moving into the centre, Clichy back in at LB with Kolorov moving forward, Johnson on the right, De Jong & Barry in the middle with Milner off Aguero?

Not sure who I'd go with but if they have all the above out, we can defintley get at them. On the other hand, it is important we don't get beat tomorrow as well.

Reina

Johnson

Skrtel

Agger

Enrique

Henderson

Spearing

Adam

Bellamy

Gerrard

Carroll.

C'MON REDS!

Edited by Paulie Gualtier

However, the 'fit in time to face Liverpool' line but be one of the oldest and most used journalist lines in history!

Yeah, I always used to get sucked in to Wenger saying Henry only had a "20% chance" of playing against us, then he'd play and score! It'd be nice if all them are out but like you say they'd still be strong whereas our massive missings are a lot harder to replace. I'd be content if we are a goal down after tomorrow and over the moon with anything else.

I think you have every chance of a result regardless of the team City put out.

3-0 was a tad flattering to City last time out, and we've already seen anybody can beat anybody in this league. Since it's a cup game too.... perfectly possible for Liverpool to get a result at City.

Even if you can't muster a draw, as long as you don't suffer a heavy defeat, it's all to play for.

Normally I'd wish Liverpool the very best of luck, but of course, on this occasion it's not possible! Let's just hope it's a decent game between two good footballing sides, and no controversy on or off the pitch. I've every confidence it'll be a fine challenge for both sides.

I can see a team not dissimilar to the one we put out at arsenal early in the season. No need to rush into them early and get stung on the break Let carroll and kuyt work their possible makeshift defence down for the 1st half then let bellamy and gerrard enter 2nd half. Even if we are down by 1 at half time i still think it is a tactic worth doing.

pepe

kelly skrtel agger enrique

spearing henderson

johnson kuyt downing

carroll

Generally speaking City have been slow starters in games (slow to score). Once they score, they've usually stepped up a gear completely and get confident.

An early goal for Liverpool might fall into that 'scored too early' category and get City on the all out attack, but a goal just before half time for Liverpool would be ideal (for you!)...

That leaves 45 minutes for City to have to win it, and there'd be every chance of Liverpool then going on to get 2 or 3.

I think most of us City fans aren't especially confident at the moment.

We have the FA (need I mention them?) making their Kompany decision today (I don't think he'll get off)... and you'll have Stevie G stronger too... we're just lucky you don't have Suarez in the lineup.

Generally speaking City have been slow starters in games (slow to score). Once they score, they've usually stepped up a gear completely and get confident.

An early goal for Liverpool might fall into that 'scored too early' category and get City on the all out attack, but a goal just before half time for Liverpool would be ideal (for you!)...

That leaves 45 minutes for City to have to win it, and there'd be every chance of Liverpool then going on to get 2 or 3.

I think most of us City fans aren't especially confident at the moment.

We have the FA (need I mention them?) making their Kompany decision today (I don't think he'll get off)... and you'll have Stevie G stronger too... we're just lucky you don't have Suarez in the lineup.

Any truth in the rumour that Silva broke his ankle?