You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
When I went to the newsagents this morning, it was doing it's normal trade.

It is the absence of an adjudication which is causing the bulk of the problems.

What is also missing is any attempt at news management by LFC.

Fucking dullard strikes again!

Just why do you keep banging this drum about lFC and news management on this issue when the club has been directed not to comment about it?

Are you deaf, blind, a complete dullard or all three!?

Fucking dullard strikes again!

Just why do you keep banging this drum about lFC and news management on this issue when the club has been directed not to comment about it?

Are you deaf, blind, a complete dullard or all three!?

He is right about the PR. We are right in what we're doing, it's just the perception of the general public that is not what we want it to be. Directed not to comment? By FA? Why would that be relevant? We are perfectly entitled to wage our PR war exactly the way we wish to. Our efforts are probably not as effective as they could be, that's all. We seem to be waiting for the reasoning behind the eight match ban, but I hope we will be way more aggressive after that, if nothing new is shown.

Quite right, Monty, but The Guardian (especially Daniel Taylor) haven't really covered themselves in glory covering this either.

That'll be *this* Daniel Taylor, then:

Daniel Taylor | The Guardian

Daniel Taylor is a football writer. He has been the Guardian's man in Manchester since 2000. He previously worked as a Manchester-based freelance for several titles. He has written books on Manchester United and Nottingham Forest

Suggesting on the BBC Sport website that LFC are not expecting the written verdict until the new year. I am flabbergasted at how this has been dragged out. Surely the evidence must have been to hand before the verdict so why the delay ? It seems the 14 days to appeal only starts ticking when the evidence is received.

Suggesting on the BBC Sport website that LFC are not expecting the written verdict until the new year. I am flabbergasted at how this has been dragged out. Surely the evidence must have been to hand before the verdict so why the delay ? It seems the 14 days to appeal only starts ticking when the evidence is received.

Yeah its hard to fathom what exactly is going on there.

I'd guess its just a very detailed document that needs drawn up and no ones bothered to write it up over xmas.

But it wouldn't surprise me if theres any number of other possible reasons. My default position when it comes to them now is serious mistrust. I don't trust them 1 bit on any issue.

In any case it should have been ready to go the day the verdict was given.

The FA have given the QC permission to go on holiday over the Christmas period. This is why the written verdict is not out. Talking about leaving someone out to hang over Christmas. Fucking disgrace they are. Its been a farce from the beginning and it certainly isn't going to get any better.

I totally agree with the FA stamping down on Racism but they are using the wrong incident.

If Terry, the England Captain gets off with it and they are using a South American as an example for racism the only people I would point the finger at with regards to racism is the FA themselves. It will be as if they are saying 'yes we will not take racism in this country but there is no problem with regards to racism within the England camp.'

What's most disappointing about that Brian Reade article is that he is the one journalist that you would have expected to come out fighting for the club and its fans as god knows at this moment in time we need some support.

Don't worry, he'll be 'fighting' for us again just before his new book comes out.

The FA have given the QC permission to go on holiday over the Christmas period. This is why the written verdict is not out. Talking about leaving someone out to hang over Christmas. Fucking disgrace they are. Its been a farce from the beginning and it certainly isn't going to get any better.

I totally agree with the FA stamping down on Racism but they are using the wrong incident.

If Terry, the England Captain gets off with it and they are using a South American as an example for racism the only people I would point the finger at with regards to racism is the FA themselves. It will be as if they are saying 'yes we will not take racism in this country but there is no problem with regards to racism within the England camp.'

The delayed adjudication is unacceptable. Either the verdict should have been delayed or the adjudication brought forwards.

The FA have no control over whether or not Terry is found guilty - and that probably suits them.

If Terry is found guilty the consequences will dwarf the penalty currently meted out to Luis.

Only read the last few pages of this , has anyone mentioned @AnnieEaves from the Mirror? She is a Ma nc who has been winding everyone up over the Suarez incident . She was especially vocal on Xmas Eve and a few Scousers were giving it back. She made the mistake of saying something like "I'm off the pub now, carry on without me Scousers"

A LFC fan @Harry_Cross_ took this as bad parenting and abused her from Xmas Eve till yesterday afternoon saying she was a plonky and a bad mother! The thing that made me laugh is that he offered her a peace truce at 12pm to play footy on no-mans land whilst listening to The Farm 'All Together Now' if she could put her can of beer down!

Proper horror @AnnieEaves is though.

Only read the last few pages of this , has anyone mentioned @AnnieEaves from the Mirror? She is a Ma nc who has been winding everyone up over the Suarez incident . She was especially vocal on Xmas Eve and a few Scousers were giving it back. She made the mistake of saying something like "I'm off the pub now, carry on without me Scousers"

A LFC fan @Harry_Cross_ took this as bad parenting and abused her from Xmas Eve till yesterday afternoon saying she was a plonky and a bad mother! The thing that made me laugh is that he offered her a peace truce at 12pm to play footy on no-mans land whilst listening to The Farm 'All Together Now' if she could put her can of beer down!

Proper horror @AnnieEaves is though.

220px-Anne_of_Cleves,_by_Hans_Holbein_the_Younger.jpg

As I said on the 'big thread' - the one with 3000+ posts which i seem to have closed as since I posted in it for the first time nobody else has but....

Imo what Evra said to the ref in the same game if confirmed - You are only booking me cos I am black - is far more racist with absolutely no confusion over what it meant than anything Luis said or was alledged to have said and it was in the ref report we are led to believe and yet has not been acted on. Whats that about? Are the FA so scared of the PC brigade in this country that they will do a black person for being racist?

Am I getting this wrong but are you comparing writing following a guilty verdict to the Hillsborough coverage? Really?

Fucking snap out of it.

This is still the correct response to this thread (and the reason I negged the OP).

It's a tabloid newspaper. Rushing out sensationalised headlines without looking for the more subtle truths behind them is pretty much what you'd expect it to do. If the club wins an appeal, you can rest assured that they will be printing similarly ill-considered, over-the-top guff about what a saint Suarez is.

I choose not to buy it because, although it's the best of the tabloids, it's still a bit rubbish. I'd never call for a boycott on the grounds of a fucking football article or two.