You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool's Luis Suárez makes 'offensive gesture' at Fulham fans

Iceman

Bit silly, but half of me is buzzing of him as well.

Those wankers were all booing his every touch just because he had the fucking nerve to keep getting booted up in the air, obstructed and fouled every five minutes, so fuck them. Clueless bellends.

However, I agree he needs to learn to let it wash over him. Mush as I hate to say it, he really needs to take a good look at the Blag Ronaldo and how he's handled himself in recent years when faced with some unbelievable vitriol and barracking from opposition fans and the medies. He just worked harder, got even better and look at him now...

Never thought I'd say that about that horrible bastard, but there you go

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit silly, but half of me is buzzing of him as well.

Those wankers were all booing his every touch just because he had the fucking nerve to keep getting booted up in the air, obstructed and fouled every five minutes, so fuck them. Clueless bellends.

However, I agree he needs to learn to let it wash over him. Mush as I hate to say it, he really needs to take a good look at the Blag Ronaldo and how he's handled himself in recent years when faced with some unbelievable vitriol and barracking from opposition fans and the medies. He just worked harder, got even better and look at him now...

Never thought I'd say that about that horrible bastard, but there you go

He does, especially while play is still going on.

By the way, nice to see you typing Tom. Your hands must be smarting from all those minutes applauding before our games this week. ;)

Edited by Skaro

How he gave away a foul to Haangeland when he tried to worm between the defenders I'll never know. Can't blame him for being frustrated as fuck at the treatment he gets. As well as the big dark cloud of being a racist STILL hanging over his head. Are the FA board members taking a crash course in Spanish 101? What the fuck is taking them so long??

Wonderful. Just fucking wonderful.

Will he definitely get a ban for this?

Any similar precedents?

What about the sprint Sky expert pundit Mr Neville made from one end of the OT pitch to make gestures and to attempt to antagonise the Liverpool fans not too long back?

What length ban did he get for that, in retrospect, more serious offence than this Suarez gesture? As far as I remember he was fined about 5 grand and they all kicked off about the injustice.

Perhaps this might help as a comparison when the FA. make their decision.

He arrived in January, in just over six months of playing time he has been demonised as a cheating racist and is given no protection whatsoever!

Kenny has had a bit of a bite back today, which I hope continues. But he is going to be given a whopping ban, and will I think miss 6-10 matches.

But lets get things in perspective!

United had a bad decision against them last week, so you know!

To be honest, I wouldn't blame him if he leaves for Spain in the summer. He's getting it in the neck from more or less everyone at the moment, that's not a good environment in which to play your football. A lot of fat, worthless English cretins had piously cast judgment after the World Cup handball - what would have been a passionate, heroic move from a John Terry or Phil Jones (who was recently praised for making the most of a foul) was instead endemic of the cheating which soils the foreign game.

Add to that the fact that we are not challengers for a top four berth, and I don't think you could blame him. I'll tell you now, Lionel Messi would have terrible problems in this country.

I don't think anyone can question the fact that England getting bombed out early in Euro 2012 would be fantastic for European football, and that the same thing happening over and over again until a proper rethink & overhaul would be the most positive outcome for the game both domestically and at international level.

This. Good rant.

I think its getting towards a point where the club needs to go on the offensive and not just make a few barbed comments here and there.

A proper stand up and say "Hold on a second here, theres been an orchestrated campaign against him"

Hes getting kicked to pieces and theres nothing being given, plus hes had a dubious racism charge hanging over him for ages.

And we've just come off the back of one of the most one sided referring displays in history last night which I doubt even many neutrals could argue seemed fair.

It might just help deflect a bit from all of this. Its the type of thing we need to be doing to protect our players because just putting our heads down and getting on with it is doing us no good.

I think its getting towards a point where the club needs to go on the offensive and not just make a few barbed comments here and there.

A proper stand up and say "Hold on a second here, theres been an orchestrated campaign against him"

Hes getting kicked to pieces and theres nothing being given, plus hes had a dubious racism charge hanging over him for ages.

And we've just come off the back of one of the most one sided referring displays in history last night which I doubt even many neutrals could argue seemed fair.

It might just help deflect a bit from all of this. Its the type of thing we need to be doing to protect our players because just putting our heads down and getting on with it is doing us no good.

I agree with almost everything you have said, but not the bit in bold! We won't win the argument with hyperbole. It was a piss poor refereeing performance, and did seem to be influenced, but I have seen far worse (Lee fucking Mason for one).

The club need to say something. He's getting absolutely nothing from refs since the red nosed jock came out with his cleverly orchestrated statement about him diving all over the place. There was nothing said about him diving before surralix came out with that shite. Now the great xenophobic British public are gleefully booing him and chanting 'cheat' every time he gets near the ball, knowing they'll get a reaction and after last night it's just going to get worse. It's fucking disgraceful and it's even more fucking disgraceful if our club don't man up and publicly stick up for him.

Ferguson on Ronaldo, someone should remind him of those comments after his comments about the boy was diving all over the place.

The United manager said: "(Arsenal manager) Arsene Wenger recently complained that his team are on the receiving end of more fouls than any other.

"I'm not sure about that but what I do know is that Cristiano Ronaldo must be one of the most fouled players in the league.

"The fouls are frustrating, especially for Ronaldo, and I have nothing but admiration for the way he picks himself up and keeps running at people.

"Time after time he is tackled unfairly and often opponents try to indicate that he has dived.

"Of course, when Ronaldo is running at full speed sometimes it doesn't take much to knock him over but the truth is that too many opponents don't know how to tackle properly. And to disguise their shortcomings they accuse him of falling deliberately.

"I am pleased for him with the punishment he has taken lately. I have been making the point about his courage and the fact he is clearly determined that he is not to be kicked out of the game."

Read more: Ferguson fuming over Ronaldo 'dive' claims | Mail Online

As for the gesture we as fans give out the worst venom at times, personally I have no problems with players giving it back to fans, although the FA will probably see it different.

Fuck the FA and fuck the Fulham fans.

Suarez has done nothing wrong. You cannot have a situation where 20,000 people can hurl abuse at you and responding in kind causes you to be suspended from your job.

The system is weighted far too much in favour of the abusers when it should favour the professional athlete on the receiving end. I would take it all the way to the European Court of Human Rights, let's see if the football so-called authorities and their kangaroo court rulings stand up in a real court of law.

Easy to say he shouldn't do it when he's getting personal abuse from thousands a few yards away but if you get caught reacting then you get punished. Not consistently or fairly of course as this is the FA we're dealing with.

Aside to this, how much of a snidey cunt must you be to be part of a crowd hurling abuse at one person, and then bother to go and complain to the police about him reacting by lifting his finger to them? Same sort of cunt that went to the police when Fowler snorted (i mean ate the grass) in front of the sensitive Everton fans. One minute they're teaching their kids how to sing smackhead to the dirt red-shite next they're telling the police their innocence has been taken away by Fowler's gesture.

Fuck the FA and fuck the Fulham fans.

Suarez has done nothing wrong. You cannot have a situation where 20,000 people can hurl abuse at you and responding in kind causes you to be suspended from your job.

The system is weighted far too much in favour of the abusers when it should favour the professional athlete on the receiving end. I would take it all the way to the European Court of Human Rights, let's see if the football so-called authorities and their kangaroo court rulings stand up in a real court of law.

Well said.

I have often thought that when Kangaroo organisations have their "rules" inspected/tested in proper courts they usually have them taken apart.

Frimpong stuck his finger up at Meireles but nothing was done about it. It’s a blatant fucking which hunt. Fans are so fragile, they can give it but can’t take it back? Fuck off; if they can call him a “fucking cheat” for 90 minutes he can give them the finger. Football is turning soft.