You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was staggered that Jimmy got off yesterday, purely because India generally have things entirely their own way where the ICC are concerned.

Probably got lucky it was an Aussie judge. If he'd found Anderson guilty for that then Australia would end most of their series with three quarters of the team banned.

Fair play to keep wicket and open til that age is good going. I'm 35 and toying with the idea of unburning my bat and having a go next season. Not played a full season for about 5 years.

I stopped keeping when I was 39, time to let the younger ones have a go. I also stopped playing first team at the same time as on batting alone I wasn't worth my place, and I remember being frustrated when I was 19/20 by older players not moving aside.

If you can do it get yourself to a club, the social side alone is worth it if you get a good bunch of blokes.

If you can do it get yourself to a club, the social side alone is worth it if you get a good bunch of blokes.

I have a club 500 yards from my new house and I know a few lads there. I was thinking about just playing seconds, or maybe even just for the development team on a Sunday which brings the young lads through. I defo don't think I'd be first team standard.

I have a club 500 yards from my new house and I know a few lads there. I was thinking about just playing seconds, or maybe even just for the development team on a Sunday which brings the young lads through. I defo don't think I'd be first team standard.

Do it mate, what's the worst that can happen? Sounds like your mind is almost made

up though.

I got pinned on the leg twice today, just above the knee. I bruise like a peach so by Wednesday I'll have a bruise the size of a dinner plate. The wife will use it as ammo for my retirement.

I netted at the start of last season. Indoor nets and hard balls, got an eggy on my forearm and a broken finger. I said I'd never play again, but... I was facing a 17 year old who was rapid and wayward and I wasn't seeing the ball at all. I think a pre-season of sensible nets and I could do a bit. I was gonna have a go at golf, but I never get around to playing, I need the routine.

I netted at the start of last season. Indoor nets and hard balls, got an eggy on my forearm and a broken finger. I said I'd never play again, but... I was facing a 17 year old who was rapid and wayward and I wasn't seeing the ball at all. I think a pre-season of sensible nets and I could do a bit. I was gonna have a go at golf, but I never get around to playing, I need the routine.

Ease yourself in, you'll be right. Plus, as we all know, golf is wank.

• Upvote 1

Get ready for a fucking broken arm is shit sledging mate. Fucking hell, I'd expect you to have a higher standard.

Not all sledges have to be brilliantly witty ala the Mark Waugh one.

Clarke to Anderson was a brutally basic sledge, yes, but appropriate for the occasion. Anderson, well-known for a chirp when it suits him, was acting like a fanny complaining that one of the close-in fielders was saying stuff he didn't appreciate. So Clarke pulled him up on it. It was ridiculous that he got fined for it just because the stump mic was turned up too.

It was a shit bit of sledging, it crossed the line. Threatening physical injury is not within the spirit of the game, it should be witty and aggressive, but not just bluntly aggressive. There are no real solid lines of what is acceptable of course, it's just my opinion.

I think if you're a gobshite, which Anderson clearly is on the pitch, you're pretty much fair game for any type of sledging. Doesn't change the fact that the very best sledging is cutting, rather than purely aggressive, and is delivered calmly. If you end up sledging like Merv Dillon used to, you just look like a bit of a tit.

• Upvote 1

Not all sledges have to be brilliantly witty ala the Mark Waugh one.

Clarke to Anderson was a brutally basic sledge, yes, but appropriate for the occasion. Anderson, well-known for a chirp when it suits him, was acting like a fanny complaining that one of the close-in fielders was saying stuff he didn't appreciate. So Clarke pulled him up on it. It was ridiculous that he got fined for it just because the stump mic was turned up too.

Two things wrong with this:

1) Anderson chirps win, lose or draw. Always has, always will.

2) Clarke was lucky he didn't get a bigger punishment, what he said was a disgrace.