You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

Are their any pics of the changing rooms and sign yet. Ive not seen any.

I read ages ago the 1st part of the season the changing rooms wouldn't be ready. I don't know if that changed on the back of pushing the 1st home game till September.

Are there any indications of how the new TV camera angle will look?

It was impossible to tell from my seat. My guess is there must be a gantry of sorts below the upper deck as there appeared nothing obvious from the upper.
  • Upvote 2

Changing rooms wont be finished until the new year along with some other non fan related parts of the stand.

They should make the tv positions in the Centenary gantry the main ones to showcase the new stand. Besides, that's where the original tv gantry was (on the Kemlyn) until the previous Main Stand was re built with the now familiar gantry.

Those days are gone. My lot are building a glass tunnel so fans can pay extra to see the players in the tunnel - moving existing people out of their seats in the process.

The want the tourists - they spend more. Quite sad really when locals often can't afford to go to the game.

Oof.

The Shitness of Modern Football.

I pointed out on SSC that the pictures from the article suggested that WBR will remain in its current position, albeit with more pedestrianisation. Loads of people said the road was going to be moved, judging by the pictures. It didn't look like it to me, and the image below shows the road staying where it is, and if this is what goes ahead then the Kop footprint cannot be increased in future if and when they deem expansion to be necessary. Building something new on the same footprint would give a much lower capacity because the tread depths would have to be a lot bigger.

CrRA48EUEAA1pYY.jpg

• Upvote 1

I pointed out on SSC that the pictures from the article suggested that WBR will remain in its current position, albeit with more pedestrianisation. Loads of people said the road was going to be moved, judging by the pictures. It didn't look like it to me, and the image below shows the road staying where it is, and if this is what goes ahead then the Kop footprint cannot be increased in future if and when they deem expansion to be necessary. Building something new on the same footprint would give a much lower capacity because the tread depths would have to be a lot bigger.

CrRA48EUEAA1pYY.jpg

Personally, I dont think there's a cat in hell's chance of Walton Breck Road being re aligned. Unlike Anfield Road behind the stand which could be re aligned due to no existing houses in the way now, there's too many businesses albeit them small, that would need to be moved out.

I also dont think it would be practicable because of the petrol station on the corner. The corner would have to move too.

I think people need to stop dreaming of a bigger Kop. I dont see any circumstances of it happening myself.

Personally, I dont think there's a cat in hell's chance of Walton Breck Road being re aligned. Unlike Anfield Road behind the stand which could be re aligned due to no existing houses in the way now, there's too many businesses albeit them small, that would need to be moved out.

I also dont think it would be practicable because of the petrol station on the corner. The corner would have to move too.

I think people need to stop dreaming of a bigger Kop. I dont see any circumstances of it happening myself.

I'm not talking about the whole stretch of WBR, just the section closest to the stadium.

The artists' impressions in the article talking about the revamp of WBR show a lot of new structures opposite the Kop. If the idea is to knock down the old structures to build new ones, then build them a bit further back from the current structures and have the section of WBR curve around the area behind the Kop, thus leaving space.

I just think it would be fucking retarded to assume that the Kop will NEVER need to be changed for any reason. It might not need it right now or in 5 years, but 10 or 15 years down the line, we don't want to be in a situation where we have a need for growth but no space in which to do so.

Here's a pic of Old Trafford and what I'm suggesting is looking at altering WBR behind the Kop like the stand on the right of this picture.

oldtraffordair.jpg