You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Imagine the noise next season when we score in one of the big games - hopefully teams will be shitting themselves before games even kick off.

Just a shame we seem stuck with the SKD & Kop.

Can't believe there is not an architectural solution to it. Probably prohibitively expensive or light issue for houses I guess.

On 08/02/2023 at 21:00, Poor Scouser T said:

Can't believe there is not an architectural solution to it. Probably prohibitively expensive or light issue for houses I guess.

Neither mate, there's simply no space for wholesale rebuilds.

As has been said many times, The Skerries has to be knocked down to substantially increase the SKD and \ or, the whole of Walton Breck behind the Kop needs to be flattened and the road re routed for any major development.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

As has been said many times, The Skerries has to be knocked down to substantially increase the SKD and \ or, the whole of Walton Breck behind the Kop needs to be flattened and the road re routed for any major development.

Yeah not arguing not studied this in any detail. Can another tier not go on the SKD within the same footprint? Obvious no room for hospitality but any architect worth his salt I am sure could, could raise the stand. May cost a zillion and the residents in the Skerries would get that SAD but a few quid may make them HAPPY. Not worth answering mate as I am sure its all been discussed I just can't be arsed looking.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

There was a post I think on here from that skyscraper website. Someone there who's clearly been involved said there is a plan to expand the kop but for a reason I can't rember it could be 10 years before we start. I'm sure it said the club have agreements with the church and the park pub. And the biggest difficulty is moving the road as it's an A road or something. 

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There was a post I think on here from that skyscraper website. Someone there who's clearly been involved said there is a plan to expand the kop but for a reason I can't rember it could be 10 years before we start. I'm sure it said the club have agreements with the church and the park pub. And the biggest difficulty is moving the road as it's an A road or something. 

Tunnel? There 2 minutes sorted. Seriously if Everton can remove world heritage staus from Liverpool waterfront surely we could move a fucking road a pub a church and a chippy

31 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Yeah not arguing not studied this in any detail. Can another tier not go on the SKD within the same footprint? Obvious no room for hospitality but any architect worth his salt I am sure could, could raise the stand. May cost a zillion and the residents in the Skerries would get that SAD but a few quid may make them HAPPY. Not worth answering mate as I am sure its all been discussed I just can't be arsed looking.

The thing to consider is that each additional tier (or even extending an existing tier further back) needs to be at a steeper angle than the tier below (or towards the front), because views get more and more compromised the further back you go. The SKD upper is 34 degrees, and the Green Guide stipulated maximum is 35 degrees.

With the SKD, if Skerries Road is going to be an issue, I would hope that at the very least something can be done with the properties backing onto the SKD car park. For the stand, maybe the best way forward would be to first remove the existing lower tier but keep the executive boxes, and build a new lower tier at a shallower angle (similar to the ARE lower and Kop) so the boxes overhang slightly, while also setting the front of the lower tier a little further back than it currently is. You can then add a couple of rows in front of the boxes to overhang (think similar to the Emirates) the new lower tier.

Then completely dismantle the SKD roof and 'goalpost' support, which is almost exactly the length of the (already short) pitch. Extend the SKD upper by first widening it to match the Main, then extending that tier further (increasing the steepness by a degree).

Then the stand will have a new roof and facade to match the 2 newer developments. With the above, you've dealt with compromised nearside views, added a more comfortable lower tier, built corporate hospitality/VIP space, most likely improved disabled facilities, improved views for the folks in the upper, added capacity, and made it all look well-thought-out within the available footprint.

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The thing to consider is that each additional tier (or even extending an existing tier further back) needs to be at a steeper angle than the tier below (or towards the front), because views get more and more compromised the further back you go. The SKD upper is 34 degrees, and the Green Guide stipulated maximum is 35 degrees.

With the SKD, if Skerries Road is going to be an issue, I would hope that at the very least something can be done with the properties backing onto the SKD car park. For the stand, maybe the best way forward would be to first remove the existing lower tier but keep the executive boxes, and build a new lower tier at a shallower angle (similar to the ARE lower and Kop) so the boxes overhang slightly, while also setting the front of the lower tier a little further back than it currently is. You can then add a couple of rows in front of the boxes to overhang (think similar to the Emirates) the new lower tier.

Then completely dismantle the SKD roof and 'goalpost' support, which is almost exactly the length of the (already short) pitch. Extend the SKD upper by first widening it to match the Main, then extending that tier further (increasing the steepness by a degree).

Then the stand will have a new roof and facade to match the 2 newer developments. With the above, you've dealt with compromised nearside views, added a more comfortable lower tier, built corporate hospitality/VIP space, most likely improved disabled facilities, improved views for the folks in the upper, added capacity, and made it all look well-thought-out within the available footprint.

The ancient Egyptians managed the Pyramids sure a footy stand it is doable.

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Trumo, was it you who posted the thing from the skyscraper website about the kop?

32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yes and it's all bollocks Im afraid. There was someone else on You tube who did a presentation how Anfield could be expanded to 90,000 seats within the current footprint.

The trouble was the terracing was at an impossible angle, all the stands had no roof and the view would have been shit.

14 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Wont happen due to cost. Moores should have had the Skerries demolished along with the Kemlyn even if he could not afford to underwrite a huge stand at the time.

Ive said before, it may be possible to jack up the SKD roof and stick another 10 rows on the back and retain the current footprint. That would only add roughly 2450 seats as there's approximately 245 seats per row in the Upper.

The only way to get rid of the Kemlyn knee is to reprofile the lower with fewer rows. Probably 10 rows would need to be removed to get rid of it. But that means overall, the stand capacity would roughly stay the same at massive cost ie 10 more rows in the upper, 10 less rows in the lower.

Until or unless the club buys the Skerries, I personally dont see the SKD being extended. I dont see the Kop being extended ever despite what people say on Skyscraper City or YT.

6 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Yeah but get it booming acoustically. Fuck knows how or if possible. Or steep as allowed.

I wonder how many extra seats we could get if we could take the roof off, take the stand back to the road but make the whole thing steeper, the maximum that would be allowed. Access wouldn't be an issue as the road is closed match day anyway. Move the park and church to give additional evacuation space etc. And stuff like the ticket office and whatever is left in the kop, take to the patch of land that was going to be the hotel and is just an eyesore. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/02/2023 at 18:56, Barrington Womble said:

Move the park and church to give additional evacuation space etc. And stuff like the ticket office and whatever is left in the kop, take to the patch of land that was going to be the hotel and is just an eyesore. 

If the church and the pub could be moved wouldn’t that land be the ideal location?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm guessing this puts pay to any hope of ever doing something with the kop. 

https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2023/04/26/new-retail-development-given-go-head-as-part-of-anfield-regeneration-scheme

The land faces the Albert and the relatively new club shop but yes looks like nothing will happen with the kop and the Kenny Dalglish stand. Definitely not under these owners.