You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World XI

Gym Beglin

Valdes definitely isn't the best keeper in the world. He is vastly underrated in my view but he's in the bunch behind Pepe and Casillas.

I don't think he's as good a keeper as Reina or Casillas either, but just think out of all the keepers in Europe last season he was the best one, as Reina and Casillas didn't have the best of seasons last season.

And yeah, I agree with you on him being underrated, people still remember the clumsy Valdes from 4 or 5 years ago when talking about him.

Haha, Silva. He's no Henning Hauger.

Henning Hauger is probably a better balancing midfielder than than Silva :whistle:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not starting an argument now but in that team who else could you play in the center to protect them full backs?

You could pick various players as the holding midfielder/anchor man/balancing midfielder/water carrier/non offensive deep lying pivot of pure simplicity.

I picked Lucas, for a few reasons. His job in the team is a fairly easy one. Shield back four, track runs, play short passes to the sexy players. Doesn't need to be someone with the passing range of Alonso, or the pure aggression of Mascherano. So it can be Lucas, because I like the lad.

As for Kompany, he's the best defender in England. Strong, quick (enough), dominant in the air, decent on the ball (in no small part down having played a little further forward), and he reads the game well. The ultimate centre back, especially for the Premier League.

Henning Hauger is probably a better balancing midfielder than than Silva :whistle:

I'll be completely honest, until ten minutes ago, when I googled the Norway national team, I had no idea he existed.

However, I've no doubt he's a world class balancing midfielder, and if the Premier League ever decides to switch to playing on a tightrope I hope we sign him up.

________________________PEPE

LAHM________VIDIC_________PUYOL_______COLE

________________ESSIEN___ALONSO

MESSI______________INIESTA_______________SUAREZ

_____________________ROONEY

Subs Neuer, Evra, Dann, Ronaldo, Xavi, RVP, Gerrard

You could pick various players as the holding midfielder/anchor man/balancing midfielder/water carrier/non offensive deep lying pivot of pure simplicity.

I picked Lucas, for a few reasons. His job in the team is a fairly easy one. Shield back four, track runs, play short passes to the sexy players. Doesn't need to be someone with the passing range of Alonso, or the pure aggression of Mascherano. So it can be Lucas, because I like the lad.

As for Kompany, he's the best defender in England. Strong, quick (enough), dominant in the air, decent on the ball (in no small part down having played a little further forward), and he reads the game well. The ultimate centre back, especially for the Premier League.

I'm not sure there is anyone that protects all the defense like Lucas. Not that I can think of I don't think there is anyone like him.

It's all about opinions, but how anyone can name a world XI without Ronaldo in it knows fuck all. Messi & Ronaldo are far & away miles ahead of any other attackers in the world today.

The team is far more important than the individual. Which is probably why some people haven't picked Ronaldo.

How does the team mean anything in a World XI?

Who and when will they ever be playing exactly?

Fuckin ridiculous.

So you don't care how they would play? So why pick 451?

Reina

Alves Kompany Pique Abidal

Lucas

Xavi Iniesta

Silva Messi Suarez

Lucas.

Ahahahaha!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Unfuckingbelievable. And quite embarrassing.

Kompany?

Fuckin Kompany?

Where this Kompany love in comes from only God knows, he does not even belong among the 20 best CB`s in the world.

He's a brilliant CB.

While I do agree with you re: Lucas, you seem to have fuck all of a clue about any other player.

cf your embarrassing chat about Enrique, who already looks like our player of the season.

So you don't care how they would play? So why pick 451?

I have not picked anything as far as I know.

If I would pick one it would be pretty easy though.

------------Casillas---------

Ramos - Lucio - Pique - Lahm

-------Alonso - Iniesta------

--Messi - Xavi - C.Ronaldo

----------Etoo--------

I have not picked anything as far as I know.

If I would pick one it would be pretty easy though.

------------Casillas---------

Ramos - Lucio - Pique - Lahm

-------Alonso - Iniesta------

--Messi - Xavi - C.Ronaldo

----------Etoo--------

Is this a highest earners 11?

I didn't put Ronaldo in because he's not as good as Messi, Suarez or Rooney, that's why.

He's a striker now, and I wanted three interchangeable attackers up front who can all beat men for fun, can all score goals with either foot, and all work hard.

Pepe will just ruin people's lives. Love him, fucking animal.