You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On the financial side he wouldn't go for more then what Madrid payed and we could give them sterling as part of the deal which should cover half the fee.

On the wages they should be able to make an exception for one of the best players in the world who would bring in a lot of money with merchandise, exposure etc.

I'm talking about a scenario where he's leaving Madrid, Italy's shit, Bayern could tempt him but in the prem he could win titles with the others but the title here would be bigger and give him bigger personal adulation.

I got the impression he didn't care about Manu when there but you are right they have money and there would be simliar adulation for him there if he brought them the title back.

Ronaldos main aim is to make himself look as good as possible which is why I think it could appeal to him coming here and being the hero, whoever out of us that was in the cl would make an impact aswell as he wants the goal scoring record.

I don't expect it to ever happen but if he was to leave Madrid I think it would be possible, he recognises us as a big club it would just require us to pay what's required and get someone from the club to charm him.

This. This is beautiful. 

Come with us into the portal of Jermaine's mind, open your third eye chakra wide and feel the LSD stretching your pineal gland. Feel his DMT soaked words etching their way into your subconscious mind, as the world you knew falls away and all alternate reality's appear possible.

dude-flying.gif?w=650

Ronaldo loves us, Madrid would love to sell him, FSG will sanction his wages and transfer fee, Ronaldo loves the idea of winning the league with us. 

And as these words are repeated over and over in your subconscious mind, you start to feel a sense of euphoric bliss. You realise that anything is possible and even probable in Jermaine's mind. All thought is limitless and scenario's previously unimaginable suddenly become vividly real.

I think he's been on the salvia.

I havent said anywhere that I expect it to happen but I do think if he was available there is a chance we could get him if we were willing to pay the going rate.

If he leaves spain the premiership is the biggest league and as I said winning a league here is a bigger achievement then at the other clubs.

Bayern would obviously be an option for him but Ronaldo has a big ego and I could see him liking the idea of being the main man here rather then just part of a squad of stars at bayern.

I havent said anywhere that I expect it to happen but I do think if he was available there is a chance we could get him if we were willing to pay the going rate.

If he leaves spain the premiership is the biggest league and as I said winning a league here is a bigger achievement then at the other clubs.

Bayern would obviously be an option for him but Ronaldo has a big ego and I could see him liking the idea of being the main man here rather then just part of a squad of stars at bayern.

I'm going to give you one final clue as to where this idea may not even get out of bed, JP.

I'm going to give you one final clue as to where this idea may not even get out of bed, JP.

The owners have been willing to pay big money for top players before an Rogers has said a few times its no problem for him spending big on a player but they need to be the right quality.

Cosnsidering Ronaldo is atleast in the top 5 players in the world and would bring a lot of money in to the club I would like to think they would consider it if it was a possibility.

You are all right though it wont happen but my point is if we pushed for him in a scenario where he wants to leave madrid I think we would be in with a chance of getting him.

The owners have been willing to pay big money for top players before an Rogers has said a few times its no problem for him spending big on a player but they need to be the right quality.

Cosnsidering Ronaldo is atleast in the top 5 players in the world and would bring a lot of money in to the club I would like to think they would consider it if it was a possibility.

You are all right though it wont happen but my point is if we pushed for him in a scenario where he wants to leave madrid I think we would be in with a chance of getting him.

Yes we're awash with top players as a result.

Ronaldo wouldn't look at it as a big achievement winning the league here, more likely he'd consider it a massive step down. Where he could win maybe 1 league title here, it looks better on his record if he went to say Bayern for him to win 3/4 more leagues.

He'd never leave an at least quarter finalist team to someone who's not guaranteed Champions League football because his ego means he's wants to beat Messi to CL top goalscorer. In his quest to be considered the greatest player ever, which he continually says he wants to be, he'd want to at one of the top clubs.

As for Henderson, he at least deserves the going rate for a key player here, whatever that is, anymore and we should probably tell him to do one.

Ronaldo wouldn't look at it as a big achievement winning the league here, more likely he'd consider it a massive step down. Where he could win maybe 1 league title here, it looks better on his record if he went to say Bayern for him to win 3/4 more leagues.

He'd never leave an at least quarter finalist team to someone who's not guaranteed Champions League football because his ego means he's wants to beat Messi to CL top goalscorer. In his quest to be considered the greatest player ever, which he continually says he wants to be, he'd want to at one of the top clubs.

As for Henderson, he at least deserves the going rate for a key player here, whatever that is, anymore and we should probably tell him to do one.

I agree with you that bayern would be strong favourites to get him but it would be down to people at lfc to sell the club to him, a lot of fans including myself think we are not far off having a title challenging side an adding a player of Ronaldos quality would certainly improve our chances.

The only other clubs I could see him going apart from bayern is city or manu, I think he could be convinced and for those saying we woulnt pay the wages I just remembered we were willing to pay falcao 265k a week last summer, if the clubs willing to pay that amount for him I could see them matching ronaldos demands.

I agree with you that bayern would be strong favourites to get him but it would be down to people at lfc to sell the club to him, a lot of fans including myself think we are not far off having a title challenging side an adding a player of Ronaldos quality would certainly improve our chances.

The only other clubs I could see him going apart from bayern is city or manu, I think he could be convinced and for those saying we woulnt pay the wages I just remembered we were willing to pay falcao 265k a week last summer, if the clubs willing to pay that amount for him I could see them matching ronaldos demands.

I just can't see him doing coming here, he wants to be the best player ever, we're not "attractive" enough for him to win Balon D'ors, it seems you either have to be at Real, Barca, Utd or Bayern for that to happen. He needs to win more of them than Messi for people to even start to contemplate him being the greatest.

I agree were not a million miles away from challenging again, however I don't think signing a selfish prick like him is the way to go. It would upset the team aspect of our play, which is a massive part of why we are good.

There's a decent debate going in Spain as to whether Real are a better team with or without Ronaldo in it. Obviously from the point of view of simply winning matches it's better to have him in it because he's almost certain to score at least 1 a game, as a team though the are a lot more coherent because he demands the ball all the time. He's changed as a player a lot over the last 2 years, now all he cares about is getting on the scoresheet. Where as before he'd get involved and go on amazingly powerful runs.

A lot of you are too pessimistic, Noones guarenteed to win the cl no matter how big a club they are.

The goal scoring record would appeal to him which is why we would have to be in it but after Madrid he could either win a shit league with one of the mega rich which won't mean much to him as he has a few already or he could come here and make history which would do good for his image and legacy.

People seem to think we can attract any manager but have doubts about us getting the best players, if we get cl this season it will show Europe last season was not a fluke and that we are a very strong team.

We are in one of the most attractive leagues, we play excellent football that players want to be associated with and we have a very good young squad that is only going to get better.

• Upvote 1

A lot of you are too pessimistic, Noones guarenteed to win the cl no matter how big a club they are.

The goal scoring record would appeal to him which is why we would have to be in it but after Madrid he could either win a shit league with one of the mega rich which won't mean much to him as he has a few already or he could come here and make history which would do good for his image and legacy.

People seem to think we can attract any manager but have doubts about us getting the best players, if we get cl this season it will show Europe last season was not a fluke and that we are a very strong team.

We are in one of the most attractive leagues, we play excellent football that players want to be associated with and we have a very good young squad that is only going to get better.

Mate, i admire your optimism but...

FSG'S ENTIRE, CLEARLY SIGNPOSTED STRATEGY IS TO PURSUE THE VERY OPPOSITE OF THE MINDBOGGLINGLY ENORMOUS FINANCIAL DEAL WHICH SIGNING RONALDO WOULD ENTAIL, FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD MAN.

It's not pessimism, it's just blindingly obvious common sense.  Liking to think they would make an exception for the most expensive footballer on earth and try to buy him won't make it come to pass. 

• Upvote 2