You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He's given us some of the best gifs ever and, as ever any fucking chance to post this I will

That said, the cunt should never have been near this club. One of the darkest 6 months in this clubs history. When grown men cried seeing Kenny walk out of that tunnel at Old Trafford it tells you all you need to know. We had our club back. 

Then FSG sacked Kenny and brought in the fraud. Absolutely mind blowing. 

24 minutes ago, Anubis said:

So it’s the Palace fans fault he can’t motivate or set his team up properly, and that he plays injured players and exacerbates their injuries? As he ever was.

Yes, in the times he graced us with his cuntiness he was quick to say "Those people (protestors) aren’t making my job any easier”

yeah, saving our club was a stupid thing to try and do when we could be making life easier for an owl faced cunt who couldn't even be arsed defending our star striker who was accused of giving by Ferguson. Who after a 2-0 defeat to Everton claimed was his the team's best performance under him. Who spent most of the summer budget on a player he had no idea where he played. Yet felt ok about criticising the previous managers signings, despite also bringing Paul konchesky and Christian poulsen to the club, despite knowing how bad they were at football. Who called players out publicly. 

Cunt of a human being and fraud of a football manager. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Then FSG sacked Kenny and brought in the fraud. Absolutely mind blowing. 

Christian Purslow got Hodgson in didn't he? He was great at fighting Cancer and AIDS off but once he decided to play football manager he was sadly deficient

31 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Christian Purslow got Hodgson in didn't he? He was great at fighting Cancer and AIDS off but once he decided to play football manager he was sadly deficient

Thought it was Martin Broughton that lined up Hodgson, not that I really want to absolve Purslow of his decisions regarding the football side of things.

5 hours ago, littletedwest said:

On the ultra critical front didn't he bring on some young lads earlier in the season when they were losing then blamed them when they lost?

Still using the old "B Team" excuse. Clueless twat hasn't learned a thing, but of course with his outstanding record in his 47 year career why would he bother changing?

13 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Thought it was Martin Broughton that lined up Hodgson, not that I really want to absolve Purslow of his decisions regarding the football side of things.

You could be right I was sure it was Purslow once he decided he could play football manager with a real team

I've said it before and I've said it again, whoever on the board hired hodgson, it was a master stroke. He managed to stoke up hatred so quickly, what had been quite hard work fighting the owners, kicked into life at just the right time. If we'd have hired a competent manager and decent human being, we might not have got rid of H&G, as they may have been able to refinance. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Makes next appointment a worrying situation.

8 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Yep. 

I think it's fair to worry, because any manager might not work out, no matter his pedigree. 

But I'm not that worried, for one, nobody is going to compare to Klopp. He's one of a kind in modern day society/football. So I'm ok with enjoying the success we've had and prepared to have a dip once he's gone.

I think FSG deserve a little slack though, they knew nothing about football when they came in. They hired Hodgson (or was he already there when they bought us, I forgot), realised very fast it was a mistake and sacked him within 6 months. Man united for example have stuck with shitter managers for alot longer and it's destroyed them. 

People hate them for sacking Kenny so quickly after the 2 cup finals. I love Dalglish but he did finish 8th, spunk a shit load on Andy Carroll and we were getting beat convincingly by some shit teams in that season.

Someone somewhere told them (FSG) that football was moving on and we needed a manager to play the modern way and they listened. (They deserve some credit for this because United/Chelsea etc realised this much slower)

They then hired Rodgers and hate him or love him, he nearly won us the league and did play great football to watch. It nearly worked out and was a brave decision to give him the job. But they also sacked him and went for Klopp as soon as Brendan lost the plot. They wasted no time going for someone they thought was the best.

They get some shit for the mistakes they've made and rightly so, lack of spending, ticket price rises etc etc

But they have proved they can be innovative and brave in recruitment and managerial appointments. I'm not that worried, I think they'll go for a young manager who is at the cutting edge of coaching, probably Alonso or someone nobody expected. They aren't mugs when it comes to modern day sports they are actually near the top in that respect. Being actually good football club owners people can debate though. 

6 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I think it's fair to worry, because any manager might not work out, no matter his pedigree. 

But I'm not that worried, for one, nobody is going to compare to Klopp. He's one of a kind in modern day society/football. So I'm ok with enjoying the success we've had and prepared to have a dip once he's gone.

I think FSG deserve a little slack though, they knew nothing about football when they came in. They hired Hodgson (or was he already there when they bought us, I forgot), realised very fast it was a mistake and sacked him within 6 months. Man united for example have stuck with shitter managers for alot longer and it's destroyed them. 

People hate them for sacking Kenny so quickly after the 2 cup finals. I love Dalglish but he did finish 8th, spunk a shit load on Andy Carroll and we were getting beat convincingly by some shit teams in that season.

Someone somewhere told them (FSG) that football was moving on and we needed a manager to play the modern way and they listened. (They deserve some credit for this because United/Chelsea etc realised this much slower)

They then hired Rodgers and hate him or love him, he nearly won us the league and did play great football to watch. It nearly worked out and was a brave decision to give him the job. But they also sacked him and went for Klopp as soon as Brendan lost the plot. They wasted no time going for someone they thought was the best.

They get some shit for the mistakes they've made and rightly so, lack of spending, ticket price rises etc etc

But they have proved they can be innovative and brave in recruitment and managerial appointments. I'm not that worried, I think they'll go for a young manager who is at the cutting edge of coaching, probably Alonso or someone nobody expected. They aren't mugs when it comes to modern day sports they are actually near the top in that respect. Being actually good football club owners people can debate though. 

I find the criticism of Kenny signing Andy Carrol really frustrating. It happened as he was walking back through the door after years out of the game aside from some scouting for us, the fee pretty much set by the Torres fee the other way and FSGs desire not to be seen to be profiteering in the first window. Yet while Carrol was shite, we sold him for a decent fee after a loan fee previously. Yet the same window we brought in one of the best footballers ever to play for the club. One who Kenny had been scouting and pushed into the club with the other owl faced cunt in charge. 

The following summer is an easier criticism, as at least Kenny was back in the game. Downing and Adam as an example were awful signings, yet we still went on to sign a player in that window who became one of the most decorated captains in the clubs history. 

The club had had an arc of destruction pretty much from the day H&G walked into the club. We signed Torres and completed mascherano and then it all went to shit, 3 years of the club being dismantled top to bottom and yet in that backdrop we won a trophy, were a cunt hair away in the fa cup - while we did drop off in the league, it was because we were focussing on cups after we had that unlucky game v arsenal in them league, which was a bit shit or bust for top 4. Martin Broughton was on record shortly after the sale of saying we would be at least 3 years turning it around. 

Getting rid of Kenny was not forward looking at all, it was incredibly short sighted. And it was not rooted in any vision at all. Kenny wanted more money, fsg didn't want to spend any, so off you pop and hire someone who could be bullied. Enter old Turkey teeth. 

The only thing I'll give fsg credit for is when they had klopp signed up to sell the main stand, they quickly realised he was not just a salesman, but a pretty terrific football manager and they quickly gave him a long term contract and kept him at the club beyond what he himself thought possible. It's the best thing they've ever done.

Absolutely nothing else they've done in senior appointments can fill you with the same confidence. They spent years searching for a CEO, before just promoting Ian Ayre. They brought in Damien Commoli who was nothing but a glorified scout and a great self publicist. When they got rid of Commoli, they weren't brave enough to hire a sporting director, so they went for the infamous "committee". Despite hiring a weak manager in Rodgers, he still refuses to work with them and got away with it. And then when Rodgers should have been fired in a rocket after the end of the 2015 season, they gave him another go and allowed the shambles to continue - both on and off the field with Rodgers choosing signings for Rodgers and the committee signing players for the next manager. Ian Ayre left, and they hired some clown as CEO who had no footballing background, but he went to a few games when he was a kid. When Edward's left, they went internal to a bloke who quit almost as quickly as they put his name on the door. A role that still sits vacant today after only being filled by klopp's mate on a temporary basis. 

And here we are. No sporting director. A manager on the way out of the door, 3 key players hitting the last 12 months of their contracts and seemingly no hurry to sort any of those issues. At this rate, maybe the owl will be the outstanding candidate to replace klopp once he's been fired by palace. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've said it before and I've said it again, whoever on the board hired hodgson, it was a master stroke. He managed to stoke up hatred so quickly, what had been quite hard work fighting the owners, kicked into life at just the right time. If we'd have hired a competent manager and decent human being, we might not have got rid of H&G, as they may have been able to refinance. 

100%

I hated the cunt then and still hate him to the absolute fucking core. BUT, our priority then was different, it was not about winning or getting into the top 4, it was about saving the club. There was significant hatred and anger towards H&G at that time but Woy definitely poured a truck load of fuel into the fire by making a LOT of fans realize the problem is much deeper than winning just a few games. Torres was visibly downing tools with credit for that also goes to Woy. 

Owl played a significant role from July'10 to Oct'10 in getting rid of H&G, except that of course he didn't realize that being the cunt he is, all about himself. 

Thankfully we took the fight to the root of the issue that got rid of H&G, showing once again that our fan base are several levels above anyone else. Just compare this with our neighbours, instead of taking the fight with their ownership where the problem lies, they are stupidly fighting with everyone else. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fraud? he was one goal away from a statue mate. I don't like him but fuck me. 

That cunt dont need someone building a statue for him, Im sure he’s got one built for himself in his backyard already. 

IMG_0010.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1