You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rise of the far right in Europe.

Sugar Ape

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Friday is daytime drinking day, I see.

When you're sober, could you write that out in English?

No not a drop, sorry. Seeing as you posted this at about 2am you might have been tired and emotional

Haven't we a date in the trans thread? I'm happy to even things up for you by getting ratted tonight.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've never said there's any merit to it.

I've said (correctly) that Drag Queen Story Hour is not sexualised and that the performers are no more likely to be paedos than anyone else. I've been shouted down and lied about for stating those facts. 

I oppose the Fascists who harass people going about their harmless business. Always.

No merit but harmless ? I think adult males going into schools to hatefully parody women is potentially harmful to the self esteem of the young girls in the audience and if there’s no merit in it then why take the risk ? 

2 hours ago, A Red said:

No not a drop, sorry. Seeing as you posted this at about 2am you might have been tired and emotional

Haven't we a date in the trans thread? I'm happy to even things up for you by getting ratted tonight.

A date in the Trans thread? Nah. You know what they say about mud-wrestling with pigs? There's only so much of that I can be arsed with.  I've wasted too much time this week on the bizarre, dishonest, trolling circle-jerk of you, Rico, Skiddy and Stronts. I've got a life.

(PS. Some of us can stay sober past midnight.)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A date in the Trans thread? Nah. You know what they say about mud-wrestling with pigs? There's only so much of that I can be arsed with.  I've wasted too much time this week on the bizarre, dishonest, trolling circle-jerk of you, Rico, Skiddy and Stronts. I've got a life.

(PS. Some of us can stay sober past midnight.)

Shit out. Again.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

No merit but harmless ? I think adult males going into schools to hatefully parody women is potentially harmful to the self esteem of the young girls in the audience and if there’s no merit in it then why take the risk ? 

Ask the organisers.  Their website makes claims that it promotes good things.  Go and argue it out with them.

Meanwhile, when I see reports of the Proud Boys parading outside schools with semi-automatic weapons, I tend not to assume that a bloke in a dress is the biggest risk to the children in that scenario.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ask the organisers.  Their website makes claims that it promotes good things.  Go and argue it out with them.

Meanwhile, when I see reports of the Proud Boys parading outside schools with semi-automatic weapons, I tend not to assume that a bloke in a dress is the biggest risk to the children in that scenario.

I can show you pictures of TRAs with automatic weapons.  

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

Shit out. Again.

Are you Biff Tannen? I'm an adult; I don't respond to being called chicken.

We've done this dance loads of times: you ask a question; I either answer it or point out why it's a flawed question that doesn't merit an answer; you say "What's up, McFly? Chicken?". It gets boring.

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Nobody here advocates authoritarianism of any stripe.  If you think there's a problem with the rise of the Far Left in Europe, you should start a thread about it.

FWIW, here's the source of that graphic.  (Not read it; it's just for anyone who is interested.)

https://www.nature.com/articles/s44159-023-00161-4 

It's always weird watching the right pretend to care so passionately about specific issues around womens rights for political purposes while simultaneously ignoring the entire gamut of issues impacting them to the point where they'll actively legislate against women.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's always weird watching the right pretend to care so passionately about specific issues around womens rights for political purposes while simultaneously ignoring the entire gamut of issues impacting them to the point where they'll actively legislate against women.

The right doesn't really mean right anymore, just as left now often doesn't mean left.

To my mind, the demographic which would have swelled the ranks of Conservative parties had grown old and died. The generations behind them don't share their views as, despite being educated and in decent jobs, they have no money. 

The educated middles classes are more centrist/centre left. 

So for what's left of conservative parties to survive they needed a new base, which is basically the broken and angry working class. Ironically, they're only broken in the first place due to the forces they're now supporting. 

When you've got an 'ideology' like that, your only tools are deflection and lies. The people who run the right now are gangsters and overarchieving talentless grifters.

The woke stuff, immigration etc are just tools of the trade. 

But there's a big element of knowing the game is up I think too. If you look how they roll, the casual disregard for everything, there's the sense that they're just plundering what they can before they have to go and find a real job.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nobody here advocates authoritarianism of any stripe.  If you think there's a problem with the rise of the Far Left in Europe, you should start a thread about it.

FWIW, here's the source of that graphic.  (Not read it; it's just for anyone who is interested.)

https://www.nature.com/articles/s44159-023-00161-4 

Really?  That’s funny.  

26 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

And it’s always weird watching the left pretend that anyone who has a point of view on an issue that is different to theirs is right wing.  It’s so fucking lazy and means you don’t have to engage with the argument you can just dismiss as right wing and therefore wrong. 

I’ve learned most on this from people like Julie Bindel, then there’s Germaine Greer and even JKR, a woman who has given away tens of millions of pounds to charity. The idea that they are right wing bigots is fucking mental, but you get to dismiss their points of view.   

The casual misogyny in this and the other thread is astounding.  Have a look back at some of the posts telling women they should be worried about.  

You realise we're in a thread about the right wing and I spoke specifically about the right wing (however far to the right people sit on that spectrum)?

I didn't name people, I didn't suggest people from other political parties were secretly right wing in every aspect of their thinking.

In fact I spoke specifically about those who actively legislate against women's rights pretending to be pro-women on singular issues when they see it as politically beneficial despite their records/actions showing otherwise.

The fact you felt the need to A) jump to their defence and try to blur the lines by lumping in people I never mentioned; and B) saw it as an attack on you probably says more about you than it does anything else.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

You realise we're in a thread about the right wing and I spoke specifically about the right wing (however far to the right people sit on that spectrum)?

I didn't name people, I didn't suggest people from other political parties were secretly right wing in every aspect of their thinking.

In fact I spoke specifically about those who actively legislate against women's rights pretending to be pro-women on singular issues when they see it as politically beneficial despite their records showing otherwise.

The fact you felt the need to A) jump to their defence and try to blur the lines; and B) saw it as an attack on you probably says more about you than it does anything else.

You don’t think it’s weird that in this thread me Stronts (a Jewish man) and A Red have been accused of nodding along with Nazis? You don’t think that’s fucking bollocks?   I’m not defending anyone, I’m saying the lens the left views this through is bollocks. 

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You don’t think it’s weird that in this thread me Stronts (a Jewish man) and A Red have been accused of nodding along with Nazis? You don’t think that’s fucking bollocks?   I’m not defending anyone, I’m saying the lens the left views this through is bollocks. 

"Say what you see".

Fascists and religious fundamentalists are organising against children's entertainers reading children's stories to children.

The GF circle-jerk reserve all their condemnation for the people the Fascists are targeting.

• Upvote 1

"Say what you see".

Fascists and religious fundamentalists are organising against children's entertainers reading children's stories to children.

The GF circle-jerk reserve all their condemnation for the people the Fascists are targeting.

And now you’re doubling down.  ‘Children’s entertainers’ is men in mini skirts doing the splits for disturbed kids.  You just lie.  

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Personally I think much of what you say on this subject in this, and other threads, appears performative, but that's just the perception I get and has no bearing on what the truth may or may not be.

I think people will quite happily isolate specific issues and nod along with whoever supports that issue when it's beneficial whatever side people are on.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Shit out. Again.

Hahaha deeply dipply acting hard. I’m surprised you haven’t grassed him up to Dave yet. Glad you’ll be drinking later. You can have an argument with a half man half stork. I’ll bring my cone. You bring your flag. 

• Downvote 1

Nobody at a Drag Queen Story Hour event does splits in mini-skirts. Stop lying.

The video was at the event YOU highlighted as being protested.  Now, because it wasn’t organised by one specific company you seem to be dismissing it.  Everyone can see what you’re doing you know.