You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming that it was a game that Kenny didn't want but it offered a decent cheque & we were contractually obliged, so he basically played our reserve team.

As long as we play the best team we can muster at the moment on Monday, I will write this off as meaningless & take more notice of how the Valerenga game goes.

Let's be realistic, bar possibly Kelly, there was not a single starter against Sunderland starting tonight.

Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Meireles, Johnson,Suarez, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Carra, Adam, Downing, Maxi, Kuyt(although came on)

Hell of a list of players missing, so let's all be a bit rational. Strong team Monday and strongest available for Valencia is a must

Think that is pretty much nailed given that the Sunderland game is only 2 weeks away.

I am assuming that it was a game that Kenny didn't want but it offered a decent cheque & we were contractually obliged, so he basically played our reserve team.

As long as we play the best team we can muster at the moment on Monday, I will write this off as meaningless & take more notice of how the Valerenga game goes.

Let's be realistic, bar possibly Kelly, there was not a single starter against Sunderland starting tonight.

I would expect Carroll to start with Suarez having only just gone on holiday, but yeah.

I would expect Carroll to start with Suarez having only just gone on holiday, but yeah.

I think Kenny thought Carroll could do with the extra run-out & along with a couple of the youngsters who are as fit as fleas like Robinson & Flanagan they may be involved in both.

I don't think we have seen enough of him to make any sort of judgement apart from the City game when he was actually fairly fit with a good team around him and played very well.

How long are people going to use this as an excuse for Carrolls inept performances?

He will score some goals and he will offer something in certain circumstances but I honestly dont think he will score 10 PL goals for us the coming season, it would be a great surprise if he did.

How long are people going to use this as an excuse for Carrolls inept performances?

He will score some goals and he will offer something in certain circumstances but I honestly dont think he will score 10 PL goals for us the coming season, it would be a great surprise if he did.

I'll take that bet. Ten pounds to the HJC?

Woeful performance tonight.

Hopefully this is the last time we will ever see Degen, Poulsen and Insua anywhere near a Liverpool shirt.

They are not the only ones, but those 3 REALLY need to go.

The only positive from tonight is that we'll struggle to put in a worse performance all season than that. Onwards and upwards.

Another thing just to describe how we wasted this game as a good opportunity to gel some of our first team and our new additions.

Gala played a pretty strong team tonight, on Monday on the other hand will we most likely meet mostly reserve/squad players from Vålerenga and then you have to ask what is the fuckin point.

Vålerenga played Europe league qualifiers tonight, Saturday they are going to play a league game against the current leauge leaders, Monday are they playing us, Thursday again Europa League away and then Sunday another league game.

Thats 5 games in 11 days, 4 competitive games and one practise match, what kind of team do people think they will send out on Monday, it will be players who play most of the time in the second division, one level above where I spent most of my career so why on earth did we not play our supposed best players tonight and save the crap for Monday when the opposition will be crap?

I'll take that bet. Ten pounds to the HJC?

I`m not saying he will not, I`m saying I will be surprised if he does, so its not something I have strong enough feelings about to put money on.

I obviously hope he score 20 and Suarez 40, he just looks a bit limited and I really thought he had better pace.

I`m not saying he will not, I`m saying I will be surprised if he does, so its not something I have strong enough feelings about to put money on.

I obviously hope he score 20 and Suarez 40, he just looks a bit limited and I really thought he had better pace.

He was a cracking player for Newcastle. Hopefully just teething difficulties.

For a man who loves voicing his opinion ad infinitum, and who is so confident he is right and everyone else is wrong, you display a disconcerting lack of balls.

For a man who loves voicing his opinion ad infinitum, and who is so confident he is right and everyone else is wrong, you display a disconcerting lack of balls.

Lack of balls how?

Do you think I want to be right on this one?

I fear I will be so why put any money on it, I`m not a machochist even if you could think so considering I`ve gone to the pub to watch all our pre-season games.

Lack of balls how?

Do you think I want to be right on this one?

I fear I will be so why put any money on it, I`m not a machochist even if you could think so considering I`ve gone to the pub to watch all our pre-season games.

If you're so confident you're right, put money where your mouth is.

It's only a tenner, and if you're wrong then the HJC wins. If you're right, they still win because Zig isn't all mouth and no trousers!

If you're so confident you're right, put money where your mouth is.

It's only a tenner, and if you're wrong then the HJC wins. If you're right, they still win because Zig isn't all mouth and no trousers!

My mouth is not anywhere, thats the point.

Do you put a bet on it every time you post an opinion on here?

I only do bets like this if its something I feel strongly about.

I`ll offer you one though, if Lucas and Spearing starts more than 25 games between them this PL season we will finish at least 12 points behind the winners.

£10 to HJC or £50 if you want.

Zig offered you a £10 bet after one of your standard bullshit proclamations, and now you're furiously back-pedalling and talking about Lucas and Spearing.

I don't make stupid statements, so I don't get pulled up on them. That may make me a less 'interesting' poster than you, but I'm happy as I am thanks.

Zig offered you a £10 bet after one of your standard bullshit proclamations, and now you're furiously back-pedalling and talking about Lucas and Spearing.

I don't make stupid statements, so I don't get pulled up on them. That may make me a less 'interesting' poster than you, but I'm happy as I am thanks.

I said I would be surprised if he scored more than 10 PL goals, what proclamations is that?

He might do it, but like I`ve said it would surprise me.

I`m not back pedalling at all, I`ve just stated that if I`m going to be in on a bet it has to be something I actually feel strongly about.