You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Richard Hawley

WaltonRed

I've had his albums on my ipod for a while off a mate but i've never got round to listening to him until yesterday.

Fuck me, i've been missing out for years. I've always known about him and that people love him but after a few goes on Coles Corner i'm hooked.

I bet there's a few Hawley fans on here so let yourselves known, any tips what to check out next would be appreciated too!

All his stuff is well worth a listen, but the later albums are in my opinion stronger.

If you liked Cole's Corner, Lady's Bridge is a similar type of album, albeit not quite as amazing.

Lowedges is worth a listen as well. First 4 or 5 songs on it are as strong as any start to an album I can think of.

And don't forget the most recent one, Truelove's Gutter, which is apparently the album he has always wanted to make, with less songs, but much longer individually. Remorse Code is perhaps my favourite off it.

Congratulations on finding Mr Hawley. He will make your life richer!

I watched Dickie Hawley live in Benicasim a few years ago just as the sun was setting, after having just watched Leonard Coen it was fucking unreal. The ocean is an unbelievable tune. I love him, get onto that new album mate as has been said, its brilliant, very different to Coles corner but boss.

He's fantastic live. Saw him in Hull City Hall a few years back and it was a magical, magical gig (as you'd expect of someone who learnt his stagecraft from Jarvis Cocker).

I hear he's doing an album with Duane Eddy. That's a pairing made in hollow-body-electric geetar heaven if ever there was one.

• 4 years later...