You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/12/2022 at 08:27, Rico1304 said:

A lad in Izzy’s class has just been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour.   It’s spread to his spine but they will try and treat with chemo and radiotherapy.  He’s only fucking 9. 

Hes doing ok at the moment. As his hair has fallen out 7 of his pals have shaved their heads today and raised a load of money.  BBC North West were at the school today to film it.   I think it’s on at 6:30pm. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

I had my latest surveillance scan 3 weeks ago. And still waiting for the results. I chased the hozzy up and they said it'll be at least 4 weeks. The NHS is a fucking shambles. The scan had to be outsourced to a private firm operating in a container on the car park of fazakerly hospital, run by 2 kids who didn't have a fucking clue what they were doing. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I had my latest surveillance scan 3 weeks ago. And still waiting for the results. I chased the hozzy up and they said it'll be at least 4 weeks. The NHS is a fucking shambles. The scan had to be outsourced to a private firm operating in a container on the car park of fazakerly hospital, run by 2 kids who didn't have a fucking clue what they were doing. 

same here in Guildford.  Portakabin scanning.  Horrible.

On 03/03/2023 at 17:03, Rico1304 said:

Hes doing ok at the moment. As his hair has fallen out 7 of his pals have shaved their heads today and raised a load of money.  BBC North West were at the school today to film it.   I think it’s on at 6:30pm. 

Well that worked.  David Sullivan must have seen it on telly and donated £5k.  Up to £21k now.  

• Upvote 3

On 29/03/2016 at 12:37, sh#t waffle said:

This absolute fucking bastard of a disease took my dad a couple of weeks ago - none of us even knew he had it, which is both a source of comfort (he didn't suffer) and confusion/frustration (he had been tested for it on many occasions).

Seven years today since my dad died. Grief passes - or at least eases - but my resentment towards this absolute cunt of a disease is as strong as ever.

• Upvote 5

I got the latest all clear back from my surveillance scan this morning. After my recurrence just over a year ago, when I felt perfectly healthy, I really struggle waiting for these results as I had no idea last.time anything was wrong. So it's a relief to say the least. Not helped with the absolute mess the NHS is in. I had this scan 5 weeks ago, it's incredible you have to wait so long. The wait itself must have an impact on people's health. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 18

Just found out a lovely old workmate has lost one of her twin nephews to this cunt of a disease yesterday.

He was fucking 18! Where's the justice in that? His poor twin has to carry on now with half of himself missing, and fuck knows how his mum and dad will cope.

My mate has not long lost her dad too, not to this evil thing, but all the same a rotten couple of months.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just found out a lovely old workmate has lost one of her twin nephews to this cunt of a disease yesterday.

He was fucking 18! Where's the justice in that? His poor twin has to carry on now with half of himself missing, and fuck knows how his mum and dad will cope.

My mate has not long lost her dad too, not to this evil thing, but all the same a rotten couple of months.

18!!! Fucking hell, bastard disease.

4 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

18!!! Fucking hell, bastard disease.

Yep, seen pictures his mum and dad have tweeted, looks like a healthy happy handsome young bastard with his whole life ahead of him, and now taken at that age!

Yet Boris Fucking Johnson is still alive. Fairness my arse!